The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 7th, 2016
Purchase link: Ultraviolet
Price: £12.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.
*On the creative the border is debossed so that other features within the border can be embossed & in hand the border won’t be as defined as in the pack shots.
11241312-4654361733901650.jpg

11241312-9864361733599109.jpg

11241312-9164361733536859.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Their website is set up in a way to bait you. And once you bite and have any issues afterwards, the migraines begin. Customer service reply after what feels like a very long time. With basic one liners, so you're exchanging a few emails before actually boiling down to the point.

Some one needs to publish a "How to Zavvi for Dummies" book.

Received a damaged steelbook ? write an email like: "Hi I received XXXX steelbook with a scratch. I have attached a picture. And also uploaded one online which can be seen here (provide link) I would like a FULL REFUND and a pre-paid label to return it. Please just send a pre-paid label with your reply and do not offer a 10% discount" .... rather than writing "Hi I received a damaged steelbook, what should I do" ... because trust me, that email will go on a few times if you don't.
Intimidating Chalkboard 14032016192550ggggggh.jpg

Seems like I'm having a standard pain-in-the-arse experience with 'em. After yesterday's stern email, today I get two confirmations of despatch, one lukewarm "oh dear, so sorry" reply and an email with a returns form... That I have to pay for myself.

**** that. One brand new, unopened Ultraviolet steel on ebay soon, methinks. :)

I'd forgotten I put in a pre-order for this and it just showed up the other day (I'm in the States). What a disappointment! I think the art is great, but it's screaming out for gloss/spot gloss. The color palette they chose just doesn't pop with a matte finish.

I'm surprised there haven't been more complaints about the lack of 'bossing of any sort despite the initial reports that it featured a debossed border with embossed features. I thought it was listed on Zavvi's page in the item description, but now it seems to be missing (same for Rambo).

I suppose it goes with the territory when placing blind pre-orders, but it's just a shame they cancelled my Rambo pre-order instead of this. :rofl:

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I'd forgotten I put in a pre-order for this and it just showed up the other day (I'm in the States). What a disappointment! I think the art is great, but it's screaming out for gloss/spot gloss. The color palette they chose just doesn't pop with a matte finish.

I'm surprised there haven't been more complaints about the lack of 'bossing of any sort despite the initial reports that it featured a debossed border with embossed features. I thought it was listed on Zavvi's page in the item description, but now it seems to be missing (same for Rambo).

I suppose it goes with the territory when placing blind pre-orders, but it's just a shame they cancelled my Rambo pre-order instead of this. :rofl:
Hey yeah, you're right.

It says in the OP above that it will have a border and embossing. Just like the Rambo OP (which was embossed) .

But they must have forgotten about this one!! :p

I know it was probably just a failure to communicate the changes somewhere down the production line rather than an intentional deception, but it's still a bummer for those who pre-ordered it based on their description.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012