paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 2, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £30.00 (Amazon) - £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV)

12691550-1724798474262715.jpg

12691550-1204798474289646.jpg
12691550-1634798474304481.jpg
12691550-2594798474244898.jpg
12691550-4894798474276332.jpg
12691550-6354798474320297.jpg
12691550-7014798474348932.jpg
12691550-3384798474334955.jpg

Last edited:
Wearing a stupid mask while protesting over whatever is in fashion at the time does not make it a cult film nor a good film a 3* movie that ages a little more badly each year.

Ps, Critics do not make cult films people do and they haven’t on this occasion.

Regardless of what you think about the mask, it’s one of the elements that’s helped it’s cult status.
It’s one of the biggest selling masks in the world because of the film and he’s right about anonymous. What they stand for is literally do what V Stands for in the film. The reason they were created was because of the idea of V

If you think that certain films haven’t helped fashion trends over the years since the 30s/40s then you seriously have no clue about these things. Everything works hand in hand. With certain films spawns certain lifestyles choices/ fashion/ music etc etc etc. And with a cult film all this stuff is usually very prominent.
look at all the cyber goths that tried dressing like neo for 10’years after the original film, the manga kids who dress like they were in Akira. Just a few examples. It’s all inspired by the films

I phoned Spielberg today and asked for his opinion on this,

He said it can be classed as a cult movie if you wish, what is or isn't a cult movie is not really something he wastes his time on arguing about as there's more important things currently going on in the world but he did say he thinks the movie it's self is bang average, he went on to say it's all hype based on a silly mask that became more popular than the actual movie it's self.

I also asked him what he thought about the TOC Ready Player One release and that's when he hung up the phone.

I phoned Spielberg today and asked for his opinion on this,

He said it can be classed as a cult movie if you wish, what is or isn't a cult movie is not really something he wastes his time on arguing about as there's more important things currently going on in the world but he did say he thinks the movie it's self is bang average, he went on to say it's all hype based on a silly mask that became more popular than the actual movie it's self.

I also asked him what he thought about the TOC Ready Player One release and that's when he hung up the phone.
strange... i just called him, too. he told me he never talked to you.
he also told me he loves V for Vendetta more than his overrated movie save private ryan.

strange... i just called him, too. he told me he never talked to you.
he also told me he loves V for Vendetta more than his overrated movie save private ryan.
Strange.. I just called him too and he was just screaming things like who the fac is @TheCollector86 and where I got his number from and that he will call the damn police .. What a psycho...

Wearing a stupid mask while protesting over whatever is in fashion at the time does not make it a cult film

Actually is does!

lol Stupid? The V Fawkes mask is iconic, and now part of history worldwide. This film transcends the simple cult tag to a whole new level :cool: You only have to type in the title and word cult to Google to see just how big a cult film it has become. You just don't like the film, which is fine, so why even enter the thread, you're clearly not going to be buying it? lol

Last edited:
Let's talk about serious things, for me they won't announce this, they will do another title, because if the release of the 4k is november, they should announce it on October, going on preorder after 1/2 weeks. announcing it now would mean waiting 2 months, so for me they will announce a title and then this. Or maybe they're taking a pause?

Actually is does!

lol Stupid? The V Fawkes mask is iconic, and now part of history worldwide. This film transcends the simple cult tag to a whole new level :cool: You only have to type in the title and word cult to Google to see just how big a cult film it has become. You just don't like the film, which is fine, so why even enter the thread, you're clearly not going to be buying it? lol
Just because you say it’s a cult film does not make it one. It’s a popular film not a cult film.

The mask means nothing, loads of people where Jason, Storm Trooper, Michael masks etc... that doesn’t mean the film that they represent is a cult movie.
Unless you are referring to inly Protests in which case anyone that is hiding their face at a protest (outside of pandemics) is not being clever, the cops won’t put two and two together and those people are asking for trouble, in fact probably their to cause trouble.

I came on here to comment on that fact they yet again this brand releases another film that is not a cult movie which is just stupid, it’s like have a brand call ‘I love Horror’ and then releasing The Hangover!

I don’t know if I will buy it yet as I’ve not seen the artwork as I said I doubt it will top Zavvi’s previous release. If it does turn out better I’ll buy it and sell my old one, it’s not a good enough film to justify owning multiple copies.

Reactions: AlexB
Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere but the new amaray artwork looks great. Will be interested to see what ToC come up with.
View attachment 481529
Could be this which is maybe even better:-
1597621831462.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Badge pin goodies or coasters ?
1597623432339.png
1597623620519.png

Last edited:
Just because you say it’s a cult film does not make it one. It’s a popular film not a cult film.

The mask means nothing, loads of people where Jason, Storm Trooper, Michael masks etc... that doesn’t mean the film that they represent is a cult movie.
Unless you are referring to inly Protests in which case anyone that is hiding their face at a protest (outside of pandemics) is not being clever, the cops won’t put two and two together and those people are asking for trouble, in fact probably their to cause trouble.

I came on here to comment on that fact they yet again this brand releases another film that is not a cult movie which is just stupid, it’s like have a brand call ‘I love Horror’ and then releasing The Hangover!

I don’t know if I will buy it yet as I’ve not seen the artwork as I said I doubt it will top Zavvi’s previous release. If it does turn out better I’ll buy it and sell my old one, it’s not a good enough film to justify owning multiple copies.

Cult movie: A film that garners a cult following.

V for Vendetta is absolutely a cult movie.

Devoted, loyal following - check
Poor box office -$135 million worldwide - check
Influence on popular culture - check

Wiki agrees, fwiw. Perhaps time to set aside your appraisal of the movie which has no bearing on its cult status.

V.JPG