Venom (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #52) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 2019
Group buy: June 13, 2019 - HDN members will be able to order 1 of each boxset. Double Lenti - White Boxset - Black Boxset
Notes: limited edition 2000 copies.

DL WEA Steelbook 4K+ 2D
SL WEA Steelbook 4K+Bonus
Full Slip WWA steelbook A 4K only

Black boxset with all 3 edition above (DL+SL+FS A)

Full Slip WWA steelbook B 4K+Bonus
1/4 slip WEA steelbook 4K+2D

White Boxset with 2 editions above (FS B+1/4 slip)

venom-blufans-blackbox.jpgvenom-blufans-doublelenti.jpgvenom-blufans-lenti.jpgvenom-blufans-fullslip-a.jpg
venom-blufans-whitebox.jpgvenom-blufans-fullslip-b.jpgvenom-blufans-quarter.jpg
9a438038gy1fyuu7mk05uj21hu0u0k7k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This

It’s down to the studio along with the region/country and they can only do what they are permitted to do.

Originally this was meant to be 4K/3D/2D/Bonus but it’s obvioisly changed to remove 3D. I’d say this is because it cannot be released due to restrictions on China? Same thing happened with Coco

I’m sure if they could they would give us the choice.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Just skipping this one or are you now done with Blufans?
Am fair,y new to Blufans regular collecting (wall-e was it before Doctor Strange as I wasn’t a fan of their early artwork choices) so no done with them.
Am not even done with retailers I have been truely soured by(Zavvi/EB).
Am out of this release, which is a huge shame,

Still hold out hope for a 3D steelbook somewhere

@yeslek won't buy anything that doesn't include a 3D disc if it was released in theatres in 3D.
That’s true, mostly. As with streaming what’s the point in having physical media if not for something special ie 3D?
I had a 3D night with Infinity War, And-man & Wasp and How to Train Your Dragon, just last week. So to buy something that denies me that? I just can’t do it anymore,

I don’t buy a lot of movies on Blu-Ray anymore except for part of a collection item Marvel, Disney etc but even then they have to have some form of incentive ie be on steelbook and being a fan of 3D. Beyond that it’s few and far between. For something like Venom, (yes marvel, but not MCU) it needs to be a 3D steel for me to drop £50 on it. Plus am happy to wait.

Am more annoyed at something like Ralph Breaks The internet lacking 3D if am honest as i’ll cave for an non-3D steel eventually being that it’s part of my Disney Classic Collection.

:thumbs: Yeah, that's fine, I'm just asking because she once said

:giggle::giggle::giggle: It sounds to me like it's not the end, just a hiatus.

Am all for 4K being added, I fact I welcome and support it, but not in place of 3D.

That’s a dealbreaker for me, more so as time goes on and I get much more picky and selective with purchases.
If lack of 3D was to be a perminant thing for Blufans(which with Black Panther and Infinity War both keeping 3D post-Coco, clearly it’s not perminant) then yes it’s would spell the end. It would be a nail in the coffin no matter the retailer.

It’s a double shame when this is looking to be a great release, and after being forced to have fullslip only for 3D Weet - am a lenti Collector mostly.

AS others have said, let’s hope it’s a one off, but I fear it will soon become the norm as 3D is phased out, at least until Avatar 2 which ‘might’ breath life back into the format

Last edited:
sux no 3D included
...but, it's BLUFANS and artwork is amazing
no 3D, no problem :naughty:
worthy artwork and execution than the dull and bland Bestbuy USA steel release with abysmal QC handling
Thank you again BLUFANS

No 3D no deal.

Any suggestion which way to go now ... looking for premium of Venom with 3D (4K is a plus)

I'm liking the steelbook concept but not including 3D seems like a step in the wrong direction. I guess i'll make up my mind after seeing the lenti slips.

Maybe the Chinese feel that Venom in 3D would be too frightening for viewers, particularly for older/younger viewers watching
that monstrosity coming out of their flat screens.

Not surprised, I could be wrong here but have blufans put out a fully loaded release with 2d,3d, 4k and a bonus disc inside of the case before?

I'm sure cost is a factor, their 2d/3d releases are above 60 dollars now, adding in the 4k on top would push the price even higher which would no doubt land them some hate. I for one don't watch 3D so I'm not bothered but for those who do, 3D discs are pretty easy to source so it can always be switched out

Not surprised, I could be wrong here but have blufans put out a fully loaded release with 2d,3d, 4k and a bonus disc inside of the case before?

They did the Fantastic Beasts Ultimate Edition with 4k+3D+2D but no bonus disc, but then none of the Blufans releases for that had a bonus disc so it was as fully loaded as it could get. :happy:

I'm sure cost is a factor, their 2d/3d releases are above 60 dollars now, adding in the 4k on top would push the price even higher which would no doubt land them some hate. I for one don't watch 3D so I'm not bothered but for those who do, 3D discs are pretty easy to source so it can always be switched out
There would be no need for a fully loaded release though, just two options where the buyer can choose their preference.

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
Looks decent. I’ll prob go for this and the HMV steel design

No 3D no deal.

Any suggestion which way to go now ... looking for premium of Venom with 3D (4K is a plus)
If you don’t mind being stuck with only one choice of slip(you can’t pick FS/DL/SL etc) then Weet do/did a 2D/3D with Fullslip package (am a lenti Collector so it was a sad pass for me seeing as it’s the only 3D premium am aware of so far).

Venom Weet thread

There are GB links there but unsure if any copies are left via GB or direct,

True the disc can be swapped out, but when it’s costing up to an average of £60 per steel, you want all editions/formats etc.
Paying a premium price to then have a seemingly incomplete set feels pointless(in my opinion at least). Can mix and match a local set for less than that price.

Reactions: Space Cadet