What Beer are you drinking?

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Figured I'd start a spin-off thread of the craft beer thread. Post your pictures of what beer you are drinking!

I got a call today saying I didn't have to go into the clinic, and that means I'm done for the Holiday!! :scat::scat:

So I cracked open a Lagunitas Sucks Holiday Ale. It's 5 o'clock somewhere, haha

IMAG0011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Asopp
I have another new expensive hobby. On top of drinking beer and mead. Bourbon! Tonight Angel's Envy!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332114137843.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332114137843.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 50
while in town doing some errands I stopped at the pub and had an Mikkeller Texas Ranger it was nice, it´s an american porter brewed with Chipotle Chilli Peppers, and you can taste the chilli

Looks like I didn't miss too much while I was on the road.

While I was out I had:
Stag
Miller
Bud Light
Boulevard's Bourbon Barrel Quad (BBQ)
Schlafly's Bourbon Barrel Quad (got one by trading a CBS)
Founder's Centenial IPA
Sam Adams Alpine Spring
Boulevard's Unfiltered Wheat
New Belgium's Dig
Deschutes Red Chair North West Pale Ale
Bell's Hopslam
Schlafly's Yakima Wheat

...and I brewed again for the first time since November. I'm brewing a clone of Deschutes' Red Chair.

I have another new expensive hobby. On top of drinking beer and mead. Bourbon! Tonight Angel's Envy!

Very cool -- I've been drinking bourbon for about 6 months, myself.

So far, my favorites are Buffalo Trace and Woodford's Reserve. My two favorite cheap-o brands are Evan Williams and Old Grand Dad 86... I can get EW for $14.50 a handle, and OGD is about $16.50. :)

For the two cheapies... I think I prefer EW in an old fashioned, but OGD wins as a sipping/neat whiskey (maybe because OGD is more 'dry' so it doesn't carry as much in an Old Fashioned... don't have enough experience with it to be sure though).

One thing is for sure, no matter what you like... its a fun hobby. Lots of brands to try out.

Let us know what you think of the Angels Envy... I haven't had that one yet. :)

while in town doing some errands I stopped at the pub and had an Mikkeller Texas Ranger it was nice, it´s an american porter brewed with Chipotle Chilli Peppers, and you can taste the chilli

WHOA! EEK! Now that I need to try!

Angels envy is really good. Lots of vanilla notes and you even get some aroma and taste from the port barrels. Very easy to drink. Love it.
Tonight I'm drinking a new Kuhnhenn mead. Maple cream sherry pyment. Really tasty. Only 48 bottles made.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: lbogenschnmicha
I've had Blue Moon lately ... that's about it. I need to stock up on some crafty goodness.