What Beer are you drinking?

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Figured I'd start a spin-off thread of the craft beer thread. Post your pictures of what beer you are drinking!

I got a call today saying I didn't have to go into the clinic, and that means I'm done for the Holiday!! :scat::scat:

So I cracked open a Lagunitas Sucks Holiday Ale. It's 5 o'clock somewhere, haha

IMAG0011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Asopp
i already miss enigma!

i opened my bourbon county vanilla on saturday in celebration of my graduation. it was fantastic, better than i remember it when i had a taste last april. its always bittersweet when you open a beer you've been hanging onto for so long, but that was a great occasion to do just that!

I know that feeling. I've got a couple that I'm bracing for that day. One is a BLVD BBQ that's been cellared a year. I've got two of these, and I'll be sending one your way in a couple days.

I fly home on Thursday. CAN'T WAIT FOR ME SOME BOULEVARD WHEAT! KCMO baby!

Been missing it so much.

Another Boulevard fan! :scat: I had no idea. Saison-Brett just came out, so I'm excited about that. I also saw that Mother's Brewing from Springfield, MO is now available in KC, so check them out too!

Reactions: mobius387
Got to go to Three Floyds today. Was hoping to score a case of zombie dust, but they were out. I still got it on tap tho, and came home with these!

20130526_121100_zps26277e61.jpg

Food was great too!

Current Favorite beer is Ruby Redbird by Shiner. So delicious and refreshing for summer. Also loving Union Jack IPA

I got to go to San Antonio a couple of years ago for work for a couple weeks and got to try several different types of fresh Shiner. It was about the only thing I drank while I was down there. Also, if you like FW Union Jack, try to find some FW Wookey Jack. The beer is even more awesome than the name. :scat:

I just realized that you were from Chicago. No Half Acre, 3 Floyds, or Goose Island on your favorites list?

well from tomorrow and until saturday I will be attending Stockholm Beer & Whisky festival
or maybe I just get stuck at Akkurat which got an very nice list of geuzes and lambics like

Soleil de Minuit

can we taste the rarity ?

:cheers::shots:

Last edited:
Reactions: Antman
well from tomorrow and until saturday I will be attending Stockholm Beer & Whisky festival
or maybe I just get stuck at Akkurat which got an very nice list of geuzes and lambics like

Soleil de Minuit

can we taste the rarity ?

:cheers::shots:

I'm sorry, but I can't taste it all the way over here. Could I get you to send some and a few loons to keep it company? :D

I'm sorry, but I can't taste it all the way over here. Could I get you to send some and a few loons to keep it company? :D

well. not much I can do about the Soleil de Minuit, since it´s only sold at Akkurat unless one is close friend its owner(I´m not) then one might be able to get and unopenend bottle, which makes me wonder when I´ve seen some of this years vintage beeing traded by americans.

haven´t wreck gotten you loons yet, thought you said he moved to an area where shelton send loons

well the first thing my workmate did when we got to Akkurat to order lunch was order in an Soleil de Minuit at the price of $ 93 a nice increase since I was there in may when it went for about $ 40 during the week of its release.
But I thought of all 3 of you loons crazed americans when I drank it now :D

well. not much I can do about the Soleil de Minuit, since it´s only sold at Akkurat unless one is close friend its owner(I´m not) then one might be able to get and unopenend bottle, which makes me wonder when I´ve seen some of this years vintage beeing traded by americans.

haven´t wreck gotten you loons yet, thought you said he moved to an area where shelton send loons

well the first thing my workmate did when we got to Akkurat to order lunch was order in an Soleil de Minuit at the price of $ 93 a nice increase since I was there in may when it went for about $ 40 during the week of its release.
But I thought of all 3 of you loons crazed americans when I drank it now :D

nope. No loons at my house. The only sours I've been drinking lately have been Boulevard's Saison Brett and Perennial Peach Berliner Weisse. Both are really good.

Just a random thought for anyone here, but if you ever run across anything from Perennial or Side Project Brewing, don't hesitate and just buy it! Side Project operates out of Perennial's space. Side Project is literally the side project of Perennial's head brewer. I've seen a couple of his beers trading 1:1 for BCBS Rare and occasionally the Rare + an extra or two.

Reactions: Auracom
Just a random thought for anyone here, but if you ever run across anything from Perennial or Side Project Brewing, don't hesitate and just buy it! Side Project operates out of Perennial's space. Side Project is literally the side project of Perennial's head brewer. I've seen a couple of his beers trading 1:1 for BCBS Rare and occasionally the Rare + an extra or two.

Will keep that in mind, thanks :). I've only really tried regular Abraxas and it was decent - sort of like a less intense Hunahpu's. Would love to try the barrel aged version, but who wouldn't?