What Beer are you drinking?

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Figured I'd start a spin-off thread of the craft beer thread. Post your pictures of what beer you are drinking!

I got a call today saying I didn't have to go into the clinic, and that means I'm done for the Holiday!! :scat::scat:

So I cracked open a Lagunitas Sucks Holiday Ale. It's 5 o'clock somewhere, haha

IMAG0011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Asopp
got together with a few of the guys from my beer tasting group last night. wasn't suppose to be anything crazy, ended up being pretty awesome.

tasting list:

surly abrasive ale
kbs
troegs flying mouflan
hill farmstead citra
perennial 17 mint chocolate stout
beatification batch 5
crooked stave l'brett d'or
upland kiwi lambic
bell's van twee
perennial savant
cherry adam from the wood
NG imperial weizen
heady topper
upright fantasia
BA abraxas!

hands down best beer was BA abraxas. other top beers for me were cherry adam, kiwi, and fantasia.

ended up walking home in the cold, but well worth it! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: vurt
I'm well into Samuel Adams at the moment remember drinking a good few in Florida on draft the bottles seem a lot more strong :movie::oohyeah:

got together with a few of the guys from my beer tasting group last night. wasn't suppose to be anything crazy, ended up being pretty awesome.

tasting list:

surly abrasive ale
kbs
troegs flying mouflan
hill farmstead citra
perennial 17 mint chocolate stout
beatification batch 5
crooked stave l'brett d'or
upland kiwi lambic
bell's van twee
perennial savant
cherry adam from the wood
NG imperial weizen
heady topper
upright fantasia
BA abraxas!

hands down best beer was BA abraxas. other top beers for me were cherry adam, kiwi, and fantasia.

ended up walking home in the cold, but well worth it! :D

I'm seeing a fair amount of Perennial in there. Nice to see that St. Louis beer is showing up way up north! I know where the BA Abraxas and the Savant came from, but where did the 17 come from? Out of all of those, the Cherry Adam and Hill Farmstead Citra are something I'd love to try, and it's hard to go wrong with something from Upland. I wish they distributed down here.

I'm seeing a fair amount of Perennial in there. Nice to see that St. Louis beer is showing up way up north! I know where the BA Abraxas and the Savant came from, but where did the 17 come from? Out of all of those, the Cherry Adam and Hill Farmstead Citra are something I'd love to try, and it's hard to go wrong with something from Upland. I wish they distributed down here.

One of my friends has a trading partner that lives a few miles from Perennial! He said he has a BA 17 as well, but figured he'd save it since we already had plenty of amazing beers. That, and we probably shouldn't have had anymore beer by the end of the night ;)

This week is "Milwaukee Beer Week." A lot of bars are pulling out all the stops and taping or selling their rarest kegs and bottles.

Last night went to one bar on the southern side of milwaukee that had CW 1414 and 15 on tap. Got both of those (still tasting amazingly good), then went to another bar in the heart of downtown that had sour taps and bottles. We ended up getting GI 2011 Lolita, Cantillon Classic Gueuze 2012, Upland Persimmon, and Upland Raspberry. Everything was awesome, except the Persimmon had some nasty acetone aroma and didn't taste great either.

Our friend was hosting the event for the bar, and he poured a Lou Pepe Kriek 2008, which was the highlight of the night!

Suffice to say, 2 of the last 3 days have been amazing beer days! Glad I dont work till 9am today :hilarious:

nothing special here .... had some good wines lately but just bought a 12 of Corona light not bad with lime ... not so great without.

another great weekend of beer!

had some friends over both friday and saturday, ended up opening these:

20130427_231238_zps108274c5.jpg

my fav was the 2011 st lam, followed close by cherry rye!

Reactions: vurt
I was finally able to finish up a trade yesterday that I'd been working on since January. The guy went to DLD, and we were able to meet up on his way back. Anyway, I got a stainless growler of Mother's Pulp Fiction, a Mother's winter hat, and two Stone Mint Chocolate Imperial Stout.

Pulp Fiction is a saison that was brewed with blood oranges. It was really good!

photocontest.jpg

I was finally able to finish up a trade yesterday that I'd been working on since January. The guy went to DLD, and we were able to meet up on his way back. Anyway, I got a stainless growler of Mother's Pulp Fiction, a Mother's winter hat, and two Stone Mint Chocolate Imperial Stout.

Pulp Fiction is a saison that was brewed with blood oranges. It was really good!

photocontest.jpg

looks nice mate
sadly here in sweden we don´t get the benefit of growlers, all it been on that they are going to test sale from small breweries fingers crossed, I would have to go by train to denmark and fill it up there at pub

I had a Sam Adams Stony Brook Red last weekend, and it's freaking amazing! You can really taste the fruit they brewed it with and it was really smooth, low ibu. I have one bottle I'm aging, picked up the second one to try now. Can't wait to taste how the aged one will be later.

drinking one of my two new glarus Sour Ales I have left tonight! came out 9 months ago, and the age added a lot of sourness to it. i like it a lot better than last august!

also had the berliner weiss by NG. very good, but not as good as it was hyped by BA and my friends.

Speaking of NG sour ales, I broke open my last NG Enigma this past Sunday. Still really good. It went well with the steak my father in law made us. It really reminded me of WI Belgian Red with more body and a little bit more sour.

Speaking of NG sour ales, I broke open my last NG Enigma this past Sunday. Still really good. It went well with the steak my father in law made us. It really reminded me of WI Belgian Red with more body and a little bit more sour.

i already miss enigma!

i opened my bourbon county vanilla on saturday in celebration of my graduation. it was fantastic, better than i remember it when i had a taste last april. its always bittersweet when you open a beer you've been hanging onto for so long, but that was a great occasion to do just that!