What Beer are you drinking?

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Figured I'd start a spin-off thread of the craft beer thread. Post your pictures of what beer you are drinking!

I got a call today saying I didn't have to go into the clinic, and that means I'm done for the Holiday!! :scat::scat:

So I cracked open a Lagunitas Sucks Holiday Ale. It's 5 o'clock somewhere, haha

IMAG0011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Asopp
I'll probably be popping open my Bourbon County Brand Vanilla Stout tonight. :LOL: I wanted to save it to celebrate my son's birth. I also wanted to share it, so we are going over to a friend's house tonight, and I'm going to bring it with me.

I will drink that other rugbrod today im sure. Congrats on the birth O_C and that beer sounds yummy!

I will drink that other rugbrod today im sure. Congrats on the birth O_C and that beer sounds yummy!

Thanks! BCBVS is a one time only thing. They had to close down the brewery for three days to clean all of the vanilla oil off of everything, so they decided the one batch was it.

I'll probably be popping open my Bourbon County Brand Vanilla Stout tonight. :LOL: I wanted to save it to celebrate my son's birth. I also wanted to share it, so we are going over to a friend's house tonight, and I'm going to bring it with me.

:scat::scat::scat:

thats awesome. had a taste of it in april at a big group tasting. it was a blind tasting, so didnt know what it was, but it was sooo goooood when i had it. still super smooth, sweet, and i tasted plenty of vanilla left. didnt have it fresh tho so cant compare.

also...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! (to your son, even tho he was born awhile ago :p)

Last edited:
:scat::scat::scat:

thats awesome. had a taste of it in april at a big group tasting. it was a blind tasting, so didnt know what it was, but it was sooo goooood when i had it. still super smooth, sweet, and i tasted plenty of vanilla left. didnt have it fresh tho so cant compare.

also...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! (to your son, even tho he was born awhile ago :p)

Thanks! I'll make sure to let him know you said that.

Was at an incredible tasting last night. My friend told me there wouldn't be "anything crazy," so I brought some mid-level brews not thinking there would be top notch beers there. boy, was i(he) wrong.

ended up tasting these beers (in order):

1. GI Rare
2. Cantillon Grand Cru Bruocsella
3. Armand'4 Autumn
4. Everett
5. Surly Darkness 2012
6. Oude Geuze Golden Blend
7. Sang Noir 2011
8. Kentucky Dark Star
9. King Henry
10. Cantillon LP Framboise
11. Cantillon LP Gueuze
12. Excelsior! Le Bleu
13. Brau Brothers BA Belgian Quad
14. CCB Improv
15. CW 1414
16. Bell's Wild One
17. Cantillon Bruocsella 1900 Grand Cru
18. Oude Tart
19. Grimm Bros The Count
20. Black Tuesday 2012
21. Duet

Highlights were: Black Tuesday(!!!), LP Gueuze, Armand'4 and the Everette. Most surprised by the Wild One, I actually really liked that one, thought it held its own against some of the others.

Biggest disappointments: Rare and King Henry. I've had KH before, it was great but still dont think its worth the hype. And it was my first time drinking Rare, but I was expecting more. Again, great, but nothing heads and shoulders above regular BCBS or its varieties.

There were tons of great beers I missed too! It was a great night :)

Tim I´m guessing my invitation must of gotten lost in the mail ? ;)

and jay if one may ask what did and your lady end upp naming your child ?

Was at an incredible tasting last night. My friend told me there wouldn't be "anything crazy," so I brought some mid-level brews not thinking there would be top notch beers there. boy, was i(he) wrong.

ended up tasting these beers (in order):

1. GI Rare
2. Cantillon Grand Cru Bruocsella
3. Armand'4 Autumn
4. Everett
5. Surly Darkness 2012
6. Oude Geuze Golden Blend
7. Sang Noir 2011
8. Kentucky Dark Star
9. King Henry
10. Cantillon LP Framboise
11. Cantillon LP Gueuze
12. Excelsior! Le Bleu
13. Brau Brothers BA Belgian Quad
14. CCB Improv
15. CW 1414
16. Bell's Wild One
17. Cantillon Bruocsella 1900 Grand Cru
18. Oude Tart
19. Grimm Bros The Count
20. Black Tuesday 2012
21. Duet

Highlights were: Black Tuesday(!!!), LP Gueuze, Armand'4 and the Everette. Most surprised by the Wild One, I actually really liked that one, thought it held its own against some of the others.

Biggest disappointments: Rare and King Henry. I've had KH before, it was great but still dont think its worth the hype. And it was my first time drinking Rare, but I was expecting more. Again, great, but nothing heads and shoulders above regular BCBS or its varieties.

There were tons of great beers I missed too! It was a great night :)

That's insane! I don't even know where to start on comments... GI Rare, Cantillon, KH, BT...lucky. I've had a few Cantillon, but need to get more, KH is on my wish list since I'm a big softy for barleywines, and GI Rare...wow!

Tim I´m guessing my invitation must of gotten lost in the mail ? ;)

and jay if one may ask what did and your lady end upp naming your child ?

We named our son Mason. He was 13 weeks old yesterday.

I did go ahead and open my BCBVS on Friday night. Out of all the other new dads that were there, two others tried it. One said it was too dark, and went back to drinking Guinness. Everyone brought beer, so there was some Bud Light, Guinness, Odell Levity, Blue Moon, Schlafly Pale Ale, and my BCBVS. I was worried about being able to drink more than just a sample of the BCBVS, but since there weren't very many that wanted to step out of their comfort zone, I got to drink most of the bottle. :LOL:

lucky you, I´ll save my two bottles I´ve, probably should bought more when the store last year, oh well, we´ll get Goose Island Bourbon County Stout 2012 in feb will most likely get a hole case, pricy but you never know when we get em next

by the way have you tried the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout yet and if so what did you think of jay ?

Last edited:
lucky you, I´ll save my two bottles I´ve, probably should bought more when the store last year, oh well, we´ll get Goose Island Bourbon County Stout 2012 in feb will most likely get a hole case, pricy but you never know when we get em next

by the way have you tried the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout yet and if so what did you think of jay ?

I traded a guy for one, but haven't tried it yet. Since it's starting to get colder, I'm going to start breaking out some of my stouts and barleywines. :LOL:

I got case of brooklyn chocolate when it came over in march over and I´ll probably buy another one when the comes in february, not I´ve finished the last case, so there will be some that will be aged, 2 years ago when I first bought em I got like 5 bottles, got one left of that

had another tasting last night. same group of guys, not quite as crazy as the last one in terms of loons, but still was an awesome night of drinking beer.

this is what i had (in order)

1. furniture city stock ale
2. beatification batch 5
3. peach berliner weisse
4. 2009 BCBS
5. BA hairy cow
6. BAPt5 '12
7. Susan
8. civil disobedience #5
9. juicy
10. bruery salt of the earth
11. moat water
12. hunahpu's '11
13. abraxas '12
14. fou' foune '12
15. galaxy unicorn
16. birth of tragedy 2012
17. figaro
18. cascade blueberry '12

best beers of the night: FOU FOUNE! (EEK!), 09 BCBS, and the BoT for me (although my tasting buddies were not impressed with BoT)

biggest disappointments: beat 5 (was ok, but i didnt like it as much as it gets advertised), and hunahpu's (didn't like how much chile was in it, unique tho) and juicy, (actually thought CD#5 was better, probably will trade my other bottle now)

worst beer of the night: salt of the earth. actually dumped half my tasting out, couldnt even finish 4 oz

was a great night :D:scat:

Attachments

• 20121222_230113.jpg
    20121222_230113.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
had another tasting last night. same group of guys, not quite as crazy as the last one in terms of loons, but still was an awesome night of drinking beer.

this is what i had (in order)

1. furniture city stock ale
2. beatification batch 5
3. peach berliner weisse
4. 2009 BCBS
5. BA hairy cow
6. BAPt5 '12
7. Susan
8. civil disobedience #5
9. juicy
10. bruery salt of the earth
11. moat water
12. hunahpu's '11
13. abraxas '12
14. fou' foune '12
15. galaxy unicorn
16. birth of tragedy 2012
17. figaro
18. cascade blueberry '12

best beers of the night: FOU FOUNE! (EEK!), 09 BCBS, and the BoT for me (although my tasting buddies were not impressed with BoT)

biggest disappointments: beat 5 (was ok, but i didnt like it as much as it gets advertised), and hunahpu's (didn't like how much chile was in it, unique tho) and juicy, (actually thought CD#5 was better, probably will trade my other bottle now)

worst beer of the night: salt of the earth. actually dumped half my tasting out, couldnt even finish 4 oz

was a great night :D:scat:

Looks like another great night. Where did the Abraxas come from?

Looks like another great night. Where did the Abraxas come from?

my friend said he got it off the wine and cheese website? a friend of his lives in the st louis area and picks up his orders. we had it right after hunahpu, and yes, its like hunahpu jr!

I don't drink very often, but i had some of this on friday, and i have to say, it was pretty damn good

the SA winter box and the choco bock are both very good varietals. im a big fan

my friend said he got it off the wine and cheese website? a friend of his lives in the st louis area and picks up his orders. we had it right after hunahpu, and yes, its like hunahpu jr!

Gotcha. The Wine and Cheese Place is a cool place. I've never been to one of their stores, but I've bought a couple things online. My local beer group does our Fantasy Football dues through them, $10 TWCP gift card buy-in. They are also doing some custom barrel aging of certain beers. They partnered up with Schlafly to do a bourbon barrel aged Quad. Only 204 bottles were made, and I've been lucky enough to trade for two of them. Amazing beer! Significantly better than BLVD BBQ.

on my way to cork this one up from 2010 when one could still get em from the monopoly store over here

so from all of me to all of you happy holidays

Attachments

• DSC_0033.JPG
    DSC_0033.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 81
Hadnt had a chance to run out to a nice beer store :( ... so just Shiner Bock tonight.

thats why I spends to much money on beer so that I can at any given time pick up something nice from whit in the four walls of my home :D
especially today since it´s started to rain