Which SteelBook case was your first love?

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Happy Valentine's day Ninjas!

Which SteelBook was your first love and got you into this hobby? Feel free to share photos.

ezgif.com-resize.gif

It's probably this one, it was my first and you never forget your first. ;) Although it was the Future Shop Iron Man, that I missed out on initially, that really drove me to collect. As you may note from my insert, I just celebrated the 10-year anniversary of collecting SteelBooks, with the pictured.

• Thanks
Reactions: milky
My first was Avatar, which came free as one of three discs that I sent away for with my first blu-ray player purchase (a Panasonic, if I recall). Wasn't expecting to receive the steelbook version, tbh, but there it was!

The first one that REALLY grabbed my attention, though, was Roger Rabbit, followed closely by Aladdin.

It was the original Snow White Steelbook from Best Buy. It was this beautiful deep purple and a pretty hefty, quality Steelbook. I was SO impressed; first time I had even seen a Steelbook. Even the slipcover was nice. I decided that I would do a nice Disney set if more came out. Then more came out. They did a mass release of Disney Steels, then Marvel Steelbooks started coming out...Hundreds of Steelbooks later, the original Snow White Steelbook is still a thing of beauty.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Just coming up to one year of this amazing hobby and what a year it has been. While it wasn’t my very first Steelbook Manta Lab Wonder Woman Double Lenti :drool::drool: won over my heart right from the beginning and to this very day I still treasure this Premium as one of my best of the best.

That does have something to do with it. But also the quality jump from a matte WWA to a WEA such as that one, well let's just say it's addictive.
Oh, and I blame @jonnybobbytimmy :D

:thumbs: Manta Treatment + Wonder Woman ( Gal Gadot ) + WEA + Mirror Gloss = beginning of a natural high addiction. Manta Lab is the number one reason I entered the steelbook game with their absolute amazing Double Lenti The LEGO Batman Movie with Wonder Woman DL following close behind in transit. To this very day Manta Lab are still my number one most favourite Premium Retailer.

First? Star Trek 2009 play.com.

It was the same price as the regular amaray so just figured I was getting more for my buck.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k