[Winners Chosen] Mathew's 1 Year Anniversary "Swag Bag O' Goodies"

mlmaier84

EntrepreNINJA
Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2013
Houston, TX USA
Alright feckers,

I was going to my PM's the other day via my profile page and stumbled across the fact that back on the 19th had made 1 year since the start of me hanging out with you scumbags ;):p:D

So what better way to commemorate that than to host a frickin giveaway?!?! (Shut up, it's rhetorical!)

A little about where my head is at with this thing:

One issue I have with giveaways and the people who enter is that sometimes people simply don't care about them, the people entering or the host. They're simply there to do the bare minimum and hopefully get something free out of it. Well NOT in my giveaway... NO SIR!!! In my last giveaway, I went out of my way on numerous occasions to remind those who had not fully completed the requirements, that they had not done so. This time I will not be doing that. It is up to you to FULLY read the rules and what is being asked of you and to act accordingly. ALSO, I want everyone to have fun with this. PUT SOME EFFORT INTO IT, PEOPLE!!! I understand that not everyone is tech savvy or has the resources to post pictures or videos. In that case, be extra descriptive in your writings! Again, I wanted to use a question for this that would require some thinking and for the entrants to do some actual work versus asking a yes/no question or for you guys to just post a single picture or something. I wanted this to be a little more interactive and involved and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I'm going to.....

HERE'S HOW IT'S GOING TO WORK:

1.) THANK THE OP OF THIS THREAD (aka - the post you're currently reading)

2A.) POST IN THE THREAD AND ANSWER THIS QUESTION: If you were the one making the decisions for one of the companies like Blufans, Kimchi, Nova, Plain Archive...What would be your next exclusive steelbook to make? It can be a new release or a catalogue title....your choice. Please be VERY descriptive and include things like pictures, written descriptions, mockups, etc.

2B.) EXPLAIN: a.) What the steel itself would look like (Art, embossed/debossed, glossy/matte). b.) What kind of slip(s) it would come with and what would be on that/those slip(s)? c.) What kind of extras it would come with (art cards, numbered card, stickers, notebooks, bonus gift, etc.)? d.) Anything else that you would like to include?

3.) DISQUALIFICATION: As I stated above, I despise when people give the absolute bare minimum in a giveaway. Especially in ones that they've been given the chance to be extraordinary and creative. So Rule #3 is going to be that if I feel that you aren't giving this your all, then you will be automatically disqualified from the list of potential winners. Sorry to be harsh about it, but if I'm asking too much, then simply don't sign up. I've put a lot of thought, time and money into this, so I would appreciate if you all put some time and thought in as well...:thanks:

4.) PRIZE CLAIM: In addition to your post, please list ALL prizes you would like to be considered eligible for! Please rank the prizes in list form starting with which prize you would like the MOST. Please hit return a few times and make this a separate paragraph from the "exclusive" part of your post. This just makes it easier for me when I'm going through all the posts.

5.) SHIPPING: ALL winners will be responsible for paying their own shipping costs!!!

6.) ELIGIBILITY: ANYONE & EVERYONE is eligible to enter the giveaway!!!

7.) GIVEAWAY ENDS:October 17th will be the last day to enter. Winners will be announced on October 18th and 19th!!!

8.) WHO WINS?: I will go through ALL eligible posts and rank them based on effort and creativity put into the posts. I will then take that list and hand out the prizes based on how those people ranked the prizes in terms of want.

*I think that is it for the formal stuff. However, if I decide somewhere along the way that any rules need to be added, I will post making you guys aware of the change(s).*

OK, NOW FOR THE FUN STUFF!!! I'M A STEELBOOK COLLECTOR FIRST, BUT I DO COLLECT MORE THAN JUST STEELBOOKS. I WANTED TO MAKE THIS GIVEAWAY DESIRABLE TO MORE THAN JUST THE STEELBOOK COLLECTORS, SO I TRIED TO INCLUDE PRIZES FOR EVERY KIND OF NINJA...HENCE THE THREAD TITLE!!!*

Q: "BUT MATHEW, WHAT'S IN YOUR SWAG BAG O' GOODIES?!?!"

A: I THOUGHT YOU'D NEVER ASK!!!

PRIZES!!!:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411654969.571797.jpg

1.) Mondo Exclusive "Shaun of the Dead" OST Vinyl - Autographed by Jock

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655086.581578.jpg

2.) Hansel & Gretel German Steelbook (Region Free!) (Sealed/Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655155.367566.jpg

3.) Only God Forgives German Digibook - Limited & Numbered - (Region B ONLY) (Open/Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655224.223846.jpg

4.) American Psycho Korean Digipack - Limited to ONLY 500! - (Region Free) (Sealed/Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655614.500397.jpg

5.) Xmen Origins: Wolverine US Futurepak - (Sealed/Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655688.940207.jpg

6.) Harold & Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay Blu-Ray with 2008 SDCC Exclusive slipcover (Amaray sealed/Slipcover near mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411656148.749057.jpg

7.) Wanted DVD Box set (Open, but never used/played)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411656201.703079.jpg

8.) Man of Steel Lenticular Magnet - Walmart Exclusive (Magnet ONLY - Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411656270.306752.jpg

9.) September 2014 Loot Crate - Open, but EVERYTHING included and still sealed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411656328.347587.jpg

10.) Rocket Raccoon Funko Pop! Vinyl figures (x2) - (Sealed/Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411656883.911337.jpg

11.) Pacific Rim NECA Figurine - "Gipsy Danger" - Loose but Mint (Includes "Sword" attachment)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411657020.319486.jpg

12.) 10 pack of G2 plastic STEELBOOK protectors intended for sealed Steelbooks or open Steelbooks with the j-card/data sheet still attached.

Alright everyone, that's all of the prizes. GOOD LUCK and LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

WINNERS:
1.) SHAUN OF THE DEAD AUTOGRAPHED LP: @PunkNinja

2.) HANSEL & GRETEL DE STEELBOOK: @vampire75

3.) ONLY GOD FORGIVES DE #'D DIGIBOOK: @Kuzco

4.) AMERICAN PSYCHO KR DIGIPAK: @justboy

5.) X-MEN FUTUREPAK: @galareta2332

6.) HAROLD & KUMAR SLIPCOVER/AMARAY: @tridon

7.) WANTED DVD BOX SET: If any participants would like to claim this one and pay for the shipping, first one to PM me gets it!!! This thing has the coolest lenti inside of it that I've EVER SEEN!!! It uses like 15 different pictures in a single lenti!!!

8.) MAN OF STEEL LENTI MAGNET (FROM US STEELBOOK): @whysoserious?

9.) LOOT CRATE: @Ricardo13

10.) ROCKET RACCOON FUNKO POP! (x2): @mllNY & @Hooch

11.) "GIPSY DANGER" NECA FIGURE: @Towser

12.) STEELBOOK PROTECTORS: @Madness

THANKS TO ALL FOR PARTICIPATING IN MY GIVEAWAY!!!!!!
-Mathew

Last edited:
Heeeeey Mathew! Congrats on your first year!!!:thumbs:

I'm quite sure you think, he obviously will choose "KUZCO : the Emperor's New Groove"
just seeing my name :p

But NOOOO, there is another title coming in first place!!

Those who know me have probably guessed... Yes it's GALAXY QUEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here is a pic of what I would like:
2wfmy4h.jpg

Title and shield will be debossed with glossy finish.:D
I'm not particularly found of slips for steelbook as they (most of the time) scratch the steel :(
But Artcards would be nice, like one for Berylium sphere, one for the stone giant and one for...
Guy!!!
smiley-laughing024.gif

Sam-Rockwell-Galaxy-Quest1.gif

Once again congrats on your first anniversary and thanks again for AAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL your constant precious help my friend! :thumbs:

Take care,

Nicolas.

Edit: Here are my wants:
-Mondo Exclusive "Shaun of the Dead" OST Vinyl
-Only God Forgives German Digibook
-American Psycho Korean Digipack
-Harold & Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay Blu-Ray with 2008 SDCC Exclusive slipcover

Last edited:
I guess I should explain the loot crate thing for others who don't know.

Loot Crate is a monthly subscription in which they send you a box of goodies each month. In that box can be anything from toys to posters to tshirts to a number of other different things. And everything comes from Movies, comics, cartoons and other facets of pop/nerd culture. Also, every month they have a theme in which all the items in the "crate" are based off of. The giveaway's crate was from September and the theme was "Galactic". There are things in the box from Firefly, Star Trek, Star Wars, Alien and a few more. There are actually some funko toys in this particular crate. If anyone has any questions, you can check out www.lootcrate.com or ask me directly.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PunkNinja
Many thanks Mathew for a EPIC giveaway and congratulations on your anniversary, didn't realise you had only been here a little longer than me, thought you were one of the 'old school members'

Anyway on to me entry for this fantastic giveaway

1] Done :)
2a] My next exclusive would tie in with the 50th Anniversary of The Who in 2015, it would be a Steelbook featuring Quadrophenia the film, The Front would be the classic album cover

220px-Quadrophenia_(album).jpg

The inside when open would feature the movie poster

quadrophenia-film-poster.jpg

And the back would be with Jimmy the mod

jimi1a.jpg

2b] It would have a full slip

the back of which would show Jimmy and Steph

Quadrophenia.jpg

The front would be...

The-Who-Quadrophenia-Concert-Tour-2013-North-America-Dates-Details-AEG-Live-FI.jpg

I would include miniature art cards showing various scenes from the film

The-Who-Quadrophenia-174553.jpg

The front cover would have Jimmy and the mirrors embossed and the Who logo on his back debossed. It would have a limited numbered card with custom artwork and as a added bonus a very limited number (maybe 5) would include 2 meet and greet tickets for the 50th Anniversary tour at a venue close to you.

3] Hope this is not me ;)

4] In order of preference

1. Pacific Rim NECA Figurine - "Gipsy Danger" - Loose but Mint (Includes "Sword" attachment)

2. American Psycho Korean Digipack - Limited to ONLY 500! - (Region Free) (Sealed/Mint)

3. Man of Steel Lenticular Magnet - Walmart Exclusive (Magnet ONLY - Mint)

4. September 2014 Loot Crate - Open, but EVERYTHING included and still sealed.

5. Only God Forgives German Digibook - Limited & Numbered - (Region B ONLY) (Open/Mint)

6. Mondo Exclusive "Shaun of the Dead" OST Vinyl - Autographed by Jock

7. Xmen Origins: Wolverine US Futurepak - (Sealed/Mint)

8. Rocket Raccoon Funko Pop! Vinyl figure - (Sealed/Mint)

9. 10 pack of G2 plastic STEELBOOK protectors intended for sealed Steelbooks or open Steelbooks with the j-card/data sheet still attached.

10. Wanted DVD Box set (Open, but never used/played)

11. Harold & Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay Blu-Ray with 2008 SDCC Exclusive slipcover (Amaray sealed/Slipcover near mint)

12. Hansel & Gretel German Steelbook (Region Free!) (Sealed/Mint)

Thanks again Mathew and best f luck to all who enter

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
I still thing that Labyrinth of the legendary Jim Henson needs a steelbook release. As for as I know there is only an amaray version of this great fantasy movie, and it just deserves more.....

Untitled-1.jpg

The front of the steel would look like this, where the glass ball will be embossed to create extra depth. The finish of the whole steel would be high gloss.
Ode+To+Labyrinth+by+Daniel+Vendrell+Oduber.jpg

The back of the steel would be an image that looks a bit like the one below. An drawing of the baby with the Ogers of the movie.

labyrinth_toby_froud_conceptual_art_toby_with_the_goblins.jpg

The inside should look a bit like the following image:
Nouveau_Labyrinth_poster_by_janey_jane.jpg

I love lenticular slipcovers, and I prefer them over the normal slipcovers. The following image would be great as an Lenticular image I believe. You could use just a depth effect on the clouds and hand, but it would be great if you also could add images of characters in the orange ball.
i_labyrinth1.jpg
As an extra It would be nice to have a booklet, but because this is a movie of the legendary puppeteer Jim Henson, wouldn't it be even more great if you could add a small marionette of one of the characters to go with it?

1) Hansel & Gretel German Steelbook (Region Free!) (Sealed/Mint)
2) American Psycho Korean Digipack - Limited to ONLY 500! - (Region Free) (Sealed/Mint)
3) Only God Forgives German Digibook - Limited & Numbered - (Region B ONLY) (Open/Mint)
4) 10 pack of G2 plastic STEELBOOK protectors intended for sealed Steelbooks or open Steelbooks with the j-card/data sheet still attached.

Last edited:
It´s finally time for a proper steelbook release of the fantastic John Carpenters The Thing (1982) and my choice for front artwork would be based on the great looking mondo print by Jock:
thingbg1.jpg

I am lucky to have this print in my collection and a funny thing is that there are hidden monsters within the artwork, see here if you cant find them:
1411934357fsi.jpg

Parts of the body would be embossed totgether with the title.

The back of the steelbook would match the front some kind of space/ice motive that would be a natural follow up from the front.

The steelbook would have a lenticular slip This lenti slips would be in sync with the front of the acctual steelbook. Maybe show the hidden monsters when tilted? Should be some "action" in the lenti, besides depth.

The inside....well I like this photo, but its acctually from the press kit. Its like before everything goes to hell! :)
tumblr_mu1ujq9Vq41r3rloeo1_500.jpg

The extras to this release would be art cards, as there are some fantastic artists out there, like these.

ortiz-the-thing-ap-edition.jpg

the-thing-chris-weston-700w.jpg

THE-THING-Movie-Poster-Jock-Mondo.jpg

I would also like some reproductions of lobby cards

$_57.JPG
Thats about it! :)

Man, that took forever and its a work day tomorrow! I will edit in the prize claim later.

Good night and I leave you with the best quote ever!

Ok, here is my wish list if I win. I would prefer a big box of Twinkies, but ok Mathew this might be healthier! :)

1. Mondo Exclusive "Shaun of the Dead" OST Vinyl - Autographed by Jock

2. American Psycho Korean Digipack

3. Rocket Raccoon Funko Pop! Vinyl figure

4. Pacific Rim NECA Figurine - "Gipsy Danger"

5. September 2014 Loot Crate

6. Man of Steel Lenticular Magnet

7. 10 pack of G2 plastic STEELBOOK protectors

8. Only God Forgives German Digibook

9. Hansel & Gretel German Steelbook

10. Xmen Origins: Wolverine

11. Wanted DVD Box set

12. Harold & Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay