[Winners Chosen] Mathew's 1 Year Anniversary "Swag Bag O' Goodies"

mlmaier84

EntrepreNINJA
Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2013
Houston, TX USA
Alright feckers,

I was going to my PM's the other day via my profile page and stumbled across the fact that back on the 19th had made 1 year since the start of me hanging out with you scumbags ;):p:D

So what better way to commemorate that than to host a frickin giveaway?!?! (Shut up, it's rhetorical!)

A little about where my head is at with this thing:

One issue I have with giveaways and the people who enter is that sometimes people simply don't care about them, the people entering or the host. They're simply there to do the bare minimum and hopefully get something free out of it. Well NOT in my giveaway... NO SIR!!! In my last giveaway, I went out of my way on numerous occasions to remind those who had not fully completed the requirements, that they had not done so. This time I will not be doing that. It is up to you to FULLY read the rules and what is being asked of you and to act accordingly. ALSO, I want everyone to have fun with this. PUT SOME EFFORT INTO IT, PEOPLE!!! I understand that not everyone is tech savvy or has the resources to post pictures or videos. In that case, be extra descriptive in your writings! Again, I wanted to use a question for this that would require some thinking and for the entrants to do some actual work versus asking a yes/no question or for you guys to just post a single picture or something. I wanted this to be a little more interactive and involved and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I'm going to.....

HERE'S HOW IT'S GOING TO WORK:

1.) THANK THE OP OF THIS THREAD (aka - the post you're currently reading)

2A.) POST IN THE THREAD AND ANSWER THIS QUESTION: If you were the one making the decisions for one of the companies like Blufans, Kimchi, Nova, Plain Archive...What would be your next exclusive steelbook to make? It can be a new release or a catalogue title....your choice. Please be VERY descriptive and include things like pictures, written descriptions, mockups, etc.

2B.) EXPLAIN: a.) What the steel itself would look like (Art, embossed/debossed, glossy/matte). b.) What kind of slip(s) it would come with and what would be on that/those slip(s)? c.) What kind of extras it would come with (art cards, numbered card, stickers, notebooks, bonus gift, etc.)? d.) Anything else that you would like to include?

3.) DISQUALIFICATION: As I stated above, I despise when people give the absolute bare minimum in a giveaway. Especially in ones that they've been given the chance to be extraordinary and creative. So Rule #3 is going to be that if I feel that you aren't giving this your all, then you will be automatically disqualified from the list of potential winners. Sorry to be harsh about it, but if I'm asking too much, then simply don't sign up. I've put a lot of thought, time and money into this, so I would appreciate if you all put some time and thought in as well...:thanks:

4.) PRIZE CLAIM: In addition to your post, please list ALL prizes you would like to be considered eligible for! Please rank the prizes in list form starting with which prize you would like the MOST. Please hit return a few times and make this a separate paragraph from the "exclusive" part of your post. This just makes it easier for me when I'm going through all the posts.

5.) SHIPPING: ALL winners will be responsible for paying their own shipping costs!!!

6.) ELIGIBILITY: ANYONE & EVERYONE is eligible to enter the giveaway!!!

7.) GIVEAWAY ENDS:October 17th will be the last day to enter. Winners will be announced on October 18th and 19th!!!

8.) WHO WINS?: I will go through ALL eligible posts and rank them based on effort and creativity put into the posts. I will then take that list and hand out the prizes based on how those people ranked the prizes in terms of want.

*I think that is it for the formal stuff. However, if I decide somewhere along the way that any rules need to be added, I will post making you guys aware of the change(s).*

OK, NOW FOR THE FUN STUFF!!! I'M A STEELBOOK COLLECTOR FIRST, BUT I DO COLLECT MORE THAN JUST STEELBOOKS. I WANTED TO MAKE THIS GIVEAWAY DESIRABLE TO MORE THAN JUST THE STEELBOOK COLLECTORS, SO I TRIED TO INCLUDE PRIZES FOR EVERY KIND OF NINJA...HENCE THE THREAD TITLE!!!*

Q: "BUT MATHEW, WHAT'S IN YOUR SWAG BAG O' GOODIES?!?!"

A: I THOUGHT YOU'D NEVER ASK!!!

PRIZES!!!:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411654969.571797.jpg

1.) Mondo Exclusive "Shaun of the Dead" OST Vinyl - Autographed by Jock

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655086.581578.jpg

2.) Hansel & Gretel German Steelbook (Region Free!) (Sealed/Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655155.367566.jpg

3.) Only God Forgives German Digibook - Limited & Numbered - (Region B ONLY) (Open/Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655224.223846.jpg

4.) American Psycho Korean Digipack - Limited to ONLY 500! - (Region Free) (Sealed/Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655614.500397.jpg

5.) Xmen Origins: Wolverine US Futurepak - (Sealed/Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655688.940207.jpg

6.) Harold & Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay Blu-Ray with 2008 SDCC Exclusive slipcover (Amaray sealed/Slipcover near mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411656148.749057.jpg

7.) Wanted DVD Box set (Open, but never used/played)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411656201.703079.jpg

8.) Man of Steel Lenticular Magnet - Walmart Exclusive (Magnet ONLY - Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411656270.306752.jpg

9.) September 2014 Loot Crate - Open, but EVERYTHING included and still sealed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411656328.347587.jpg

10.) Rocket Raccoon Funko Pop! Vinyl figures (x2) - (Sealed/Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411656883.911337.jpg

11.) Pacific Rim NECA Figurine - "Gipsy Danger" - Loose but Mint (Includes "Sword" attachment)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411657020.319486.jpg

12.) 10 pack of G2 plastic STEELBOOK protectors intended for sealed Steelbooks or open Steelbooks with the j-card/data sheet still attached.

Alright everyone, that's all of the prizes. GOOD LUCK and LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

WINNERS:
1.) SHAUN OF THE DEAD AUTOGRAPHED LP: @PunkNinja

2.) HANSEL & GRETEL DE STEELBOOK: @vampire75

3.) ONLY GOD FORGIVES DE #'D DIGIBOOK: @Kuzco

4.) AMERICAN PSYCHO KR DIGIPAK: @justboy

5.) X-MEN FUTUREPAK: @galareta2332

6.) HAROLD & KUMAR SLIPCOVER/AMARAY: @tridon

7.) WANTED DVD BOX SET: If any participants would like to claim this one and pay for the shipping, first one to PM me gets it!!! This thing has the coolest lenti inside of it that I've EVER SEEN!!! It uses like 15 different pictures in a single lenti!!!

8.) MAN OF STEEL LENTI MAGNET (FROM US STEELBOOK): @whysoserious?

9.) LOOT CRATE: @Ricardo13

10.) ROCKET RACCOON FUNKO POP! (x2): @mllNY & @Hooch

11.) "GIPSY DANGER" NECA FIGURE: @Towser

12.) STEELBOOK PROTECTORS: @Madness

THANKS TO ALL FOR PARTICIPATING IN MY GIVEAWAY!!!!!!
-Mathew

Last edited:
A day later than I'd hoped, but I'm finally done creating mine! This is easily my most wanted Steelbook at the moment...

Lego Movie Edition.png

As you can see, I went for a full slipbox design (similar to Kimchi's exclusives). Both the Steelbook and slipbox are full gloss to make the colours as vibrant as possible, just like in the movie! And embossed treatment on the title, of course. Also included is a 36-page booklet containing lots of interesting info and many stunning images. Last but not least, five art cards featuring some of the movies most memorable characters.

Thank you once again for such an awesome giveaway @mlmaier84. And best of luck to everyone else who's entered! :thumbs:

Please count me if for the Mondo Exclusive "Shaun of the Dead" OST Vinyl - Autographed by Jock.

Like most people I think it's time for the original Star Wars to be released on blu-ray and what better way to release it on a limited edition Steelbook!
beyhz.jpg

The cover is embossed, glossy, and features original Star Wars poster art.
ndn5mv.jpg

There is inside artwork of course and it features Han and Chewie taking the Millennium Falcon into hyperspace.
2lvnw43.jpg

This release also features a clear slipcover that has the star wars logo embossed on it. Each slipcover is individually numbered 1-4000.
Also, each steelbook comes with cool star wars lithographs.

If I win I would like:
1. American Psycho Korean Digipack - Limited to ONLY 500! - (Region Free) (Sealed/Mint)
2. Only God Forgives German Digibook - Limited & Numbered - (Region B ONLY) (Open/Mint)
3. Mondo Exclusive "Shaun of the Dead" OST Vinyl - Autographed by Jock
4. Man of Steel Lenticular Magnet - Walmart Exclusive (Magnet ONLY - Mint)
5. 10 pack of G2 plastic STEELBOOK protectors intended for sealed Steelbooks or open Steelbooks with the j-card/data sheet still attached.
6. Harold & Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay Blu-Ray with 2008 SDCC Exclusive slipcover (Amaray sealed/Slipcover near mint)
7. Xmen Origins: Wolverine US Futurepak - (Sealed/Mint)
8. September 2014 Loot Crate - Open, but EVERYTHING included and still sealed.
9. Hansel & Gretel German Steelbook (Region Free!) (Sealed/Mint)

Thanks for the give-away!

Reactions: mlmaier84
Awesome giveaway, Mathew! :thumbs:

I was just thinking today that I'm shocked that nobody has released a decent SteelBook for THE CROW (the German one does nothing for me).

I don't have all the fancy software or skills to make a SteelBook mock-up, so I hope this does the job...

--------------------

FULL SLIP:
Title glossy and embossed. Spot-gloss on Crow logo. Matte finish on the black.
rsz_1thecrow-fullslip.jpg

LENTICULAR SLIP:
Lenticular rain effects. Embossed title.
rsz_thecrow-lenticular.jpg

STEELBOOK FRONT:
Embossed title. Middle strip debossed with spot-gloss. Spot-gloss on Crow logo. Matte finish on the black.
rsz_thecrow-front.jpg

STEELBOOK INSIDE:
rsz_1thecrow-inside.jpg

STEELBOOK BACK:
Debossed window with spot-gloss.
rsz_thecrow-back.jpg

--------------------

Prizes I'd be interested in...

1) Mondo SHAUN OF THE DEAD Vinyl

2) Rocket Raccoon POP! Vinyl

3) AMERICAN PSYCHO Lenticular Digipack

4) Harold & Kumar: EFGB Slipcover

5) Gipsy Danger figure

6) SteelBook protectors

Great giveaway buddy, but I know I cant do any artwork like the ones that have been doing it for years. So I will not even waste your time.
Hey @Ricker, that's why I stated that even just a written description was fine. No need for mockups, you can just add regular pictures. I can't do mockups, so in no way could I require others to do that. If you can "paint the picture" well enough, whether that's with pictures posted, written description(s), or both...that's all I'm looking for.

To EVERYONE, I said yesterday was the last day. BUT, I have a few things to get done today, so if you can get your post(s) in before I come back and announce "no more entries", then you're in!!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

Reactions: justboy and Ricker