[Winners Chosen] Mathew's 1 Year Anniversary "Swag Bag O' Goodies"

mlmaier84

EntrepreNINJA
Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2013
Houston, TX USA
Alright feckers,

I was going to my PM's the other day via my profile page and stumbled across the fact that back on the 19th had made 1 year since the start of me hanging out with you scumbags ;):p:D

So what better way to commemorate that than to host a frickin giveaway?!?! (Shut up, it's rhetorical!)

A little about where my head is at with this thing:

One issue I have with giveaways and the people who enter is that sometimes people simply don't care about them, the people entering or the host. They're simply there to do the bare minimum and hopefully get something free out of it. Well NOT in my giveaway... NO SIR!!! In my last giveaway, I went out of my way on numerous occasions to remind those who had not fully completed the requirements, that they had not done so. This time I will not be doing that. It is up to you to FULLY read the rules and what is being asked of you and to act accordingly. ALSO, I want everyone to have fun with this. PUT SOME EFFORT INTO IT, PEOPLE!!! I understand that not everyone is tech savvy or has the resources to post pictures or videos. In that case, be extra descriptive in your writings! Again, I wanted to use a question for this that would require some thinking and for the entrants to do some actual work versus asking a yes/no question or for you guys to just post a single picture or something. I wanted this to be a little more interactive and involved and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I'm going to.....

HERE'S HOW IT'S GOING TO WORK:

1.) THANK THE OP OF THIS THREAD (aka - the post you're currently reading)

2A.) POST IN THE THREAD AND ANSWER THIS QUESTION: If you were the one making the decisions for one of the companies like Blufans, Kimchi, Nova, Plain Archive...What would be your next exclusive steelbook to make? It can be a new release or a catalogue title....your choice. Please be VERY descriptive and include things like pictures, written descriptions, mockups, etc.

2B.) EXPLAIN: a.) What the steel itself would look like (Art, embossed/debossed, glossy/matte). b.) What kind of slip(s) it would come with and what would be on that/those slip(s)? c.) What kind of extras it would come with (art cards, numbered card, stickers, notebooks, bonus gift, etc.)? d.) Anything else that you would like to include?

3.) DISQUALIFICATION: As I stated above, I despise when people give the absolute bare minimum in a giveaway. Especially in ones that they've been given the chance to be extraordinary and creative. So Rule #3 is going to be that if I feel that you aren't giving this your all, then you will be automatically disqualified from the list of potential winners. Sorry to be harsh about it, but if I'm asking too much, then simply don't sign up. I've put a lot of thought, time and money into this, so I would appreciate if you all put some time and thought in as well...:thanks:

4.) PRIZE CLAIM: In addition to your post, please list ALL prizes you would like to be considered eligible for! Please rank the prizes in list form starting with which prize you would like the MOST. Please hit return a few times and make this a separate paragraph from the "exclusive" part of your post. This just makes it easier for me when I'm going through all the posts.

5.) SHIPPING: ALL winners will be responsible for paying their own shipping costs!!!

6.) ELIGIBILITY: ANYONE & EVERYONE is eligible to enter the giveaway!!!

7.) GIVEAWAY ENDS:October 17th will be the last day to enter. Winners will be announced on October 18th and 19th!!!

8.) WHO WINS?: I will go through ALL eligible posts and rank them based on effort and creativity put into the posts. I will then take that list and hand out the prizes based on how those people ranked the prizes in terms of want.

*I think that is it for the formal stuff. However, if I decide somewhere along the way that any rules need to be added, I will post making you guys aware of the change(s).*

OK, NOW FOR THE FUN STUFF!!! I'M A STEELBOOK COLLECTOR FIRST, BUT I DO COLLECT MORE THAN JUST STEELBOOKS. I WANTED TO MAKE THIS GIVEAWAY DESIRABLE TO MORE THAN JUST THE STEELBOOK COLLECTORS, SO I TRIED TO INCLUDE PRIZES FOR EVERY KIND OF NINJA...HENCE THE THREAD TITLE!!!*

Q: "BUT MATHEW, WHAT'S IN YOUR SWAG BAG O' GOODIES?!?!"

A: I THOUGHT YOU'D NEVER ASK!!!

PRIZES!!!:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411654969.571797.jpg

1.) Mondo Exclusive "Shaun of the Dead" OST Vinyl - Autographed by Jock

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655086.581578.jpg

2.) Hansel & Gretel German Steelbook (Region Free!) (Sealed/Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655155.367566.jpg

3.) Only God Forgives German Digibook - Limited & Numbered - (Region B ONLY) (Open/Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655224.223846.jpg

4.) American Psycho Korean Digipack - Limited to ONLY 500! - (Region Free) (Sealed/Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655614.500397.jpg

5.) Xmen Origins: Wolverine US Futurepak - (Sealed/Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655688.940207.jpg

6.) Harold & Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay Blu-Ray with 2008 SDCC Exclusive slipcover (Amaray sealed/Slipcover near mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411656148.749057.jpg

7.) Wanted DVD Box set (Open, but never used/played)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411656201.703079.jpg

8.) Man of Steel Lenticular Magnet - Walmart Exclusive (Magnet ONLY - Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411656270.306752.jpg

9.) September 2014 Loot Crate - Open, but EVERYTHING included and still sealed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411656328.347587.jpg

10.) Rocket Raccoon Funko Pop! Vinyl figures (x2) - (Sealed/Mint)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411656883.911337.jpg

11.) Pacific Rim NECA Figurine - "Gipsy Danger" - Loose but Mint (Includes "Sword" attachment)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411657020.319486.jpg

12.) 10 pack of G2 plastic STEELBOOK protectors intended for sealed Steelbooks or open Steelbooks with the j-card/data sheet still attached.

Alright everyone, that's all of the prizes. GOOD LUCK and LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

WINNERS:
1.) SHAUN OF THE DEAD AUTOGRAPHED LP: @PunkNinja

2.) HANSEL & GRETEL DE STEELBOOK: @vampire75

3.) ONLY GOD FORGIVES DE #'D DIGIBOOK: @Kuzco

4.) AMERICAN PSYCHO KR DIGIPAK: @justboy

5.) X-MEN FUTUREPAK: @galareta2332

6.) HAROLD & KUMAR SLIPCOVER/AMARAY: @tridon

7.) WANTED DVD BOX SET: If any participants would like to claim this one and pay for the shipping, first one to PM me gets it!!! This thing has the coolest lenti inside of it that I've EVER SEEN!!! It uses like 15 different pictures in a single lenti!!!

8.) MAN OF STEEL LENTI MAGNET (FROM US STEELBOOK): @whysoserious?

9.) LOOT CRATE: @Ricardo13

10.) ROCKET RACCOON FUNKO POP! (x2): @mllNY & @Hooch

11.) "GIPSY DANGER" NECA FIGURE: @Towser

12.) STEELBOOK PROTECTORS: @Madness

THANKS TO ALL FOR PARTICIPATING IN MY GIVEAWAY!!!!!!
-Mathew

Last edited:
@Hooch - That would be the PERFECT art for a steelbook cover!!! I know you share my love for horror, and personally, since I first saw this poster, I've wanted it to be Steelbook cover art!!!

Some fun facts here:
I was at MondoCon last week and met Jock. He had his ORIGINAL SKETCH for The Thing with him. I asked him about it because it's my favorite of his. I asked him how he was able to sketch out all the spatter and lines throughout. He told me the way it was done was by him blowing ink through a straw. I thought that was REALLY COOL & UNIQUE!!!

Reactions: Hooch
Hi Mathew:) Great Giveaway and the rules are awsome. I like you attitude :thumbs:
I also thing that there should be a little push in case of creativity for the participants.

Congrats to Anniverary...i was shocked that it's only a year. I thought you have been here like forever :happy:

So my exclusive that should be done is...BATTLE ROYALE!:)

Here is additional information about this release (i hope that i have given all information to make it the best edition
in decades) :emb::emb::emb:

Battle_Royale_Limited_Edition_MovieShelter.blogspot.com.jpg

I case of editions, this is my prioryties:

1) Only God Forgives German Digibook - Limited & Numbered - (Region B ONLY) (Open/Mint)

2) Hansel & Gretel German Steelbook (Region Free!) (Sealed/Mint)

3) Xmen Origins: Wolverine US Futurepak - (Sealed/Mint)

BUMP!

To all who have entered so far, AMAZING JOB GUYS!!! This was EXACTLY what I was hoping for!!! I've thoroughly enjoyed looking through all you guys' ideas for exclusives!!! And the time/effort you've put in is nothing short of extraordinary!!!

I just want to reiterate to others who are thinking/planning to enter....If you don't have the resources or know how to do mockups or pictures like these guys have, don't worry!!! I totally understand and you won't be left out of consideration for a prize!!! Again, a simple explanation will suffice, just be as descriptive as possible!!! If I can picture it in my mind based solely off your description/explanation, then you've done EXACTLY what I'm looking for!!!

HUGE THANKS TO ALL PRESENT AND FUTURE PARTICIPANTS!!!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Hooch and Towser
Only participating for fun, don't count me in for the prizes but what an awesome giveaway Mathew and belated Happy Anniversary! :)

I'd like to see a steelbook for The Incredible Hulk unlike the ones already out there (yes you've heard that tune before):

For the Front, this fits perfectly IMO (previously used on the DVD steelbook from Future Shop)

HULK front.jpg

I'll put the rest under spoiler so it doesn't detract from this :D

For the inside artwork, this would fit real nice

incredible-hulk-08_03.jpg

And for the back

arts-graphics-film_1189309a.jpg

Now I'm not much of a fan of mini-cards etc... on the other hand, if this were to get a slip, I'd like to see a full slip featuring the following image (with or without the text)

Hulk-Banner-Eyes-Movie-2.jpg

Needless to say, a glossy finish on the steelbook would be a welcome addition. :)

First things first, those are great prizes @mlmaier84
This giveaway is very generous of you! :thumbs:

Since Kimchi & Blu Fans are effectively releasing catalogue titles for films in phase 1 of the Avengers, well Iron Man 1 & 2 and Thor.
I have an idea for the back art that would tie them all together, since sometimes the back images seem to be an after thought (like Zavvis Thor release)

I think it would be cool to see them utilise the back of each steelbook to make a collage of the whole team when all laid out together.
So having the full set would all make up this image (or something similar)
TheAvengersLandscapeKeyArt2560x1080.jpg

Obviously better art could be used so that each character is pretty much the main focus of their own film' back cover.
As there are 6 films in phase 1, the image could be printed across the steelbooks as either the 6 in a row or 2 rows of 3 if the steelbooks back art is in the landscape position.

This idea can then continue with phase 2:
49Kb38i.jpg

But it probably works best when working with catalogue titles as then each phases' titles should be set in stone.
Debossing on the back would probably be avoided, and the front art would have to be something different than previous editions so to avoidusing the same ones as the Iron Man & Thor grails, otherwise people tend to get upset!
Full gloss, and thick paint would be used as I would want the whole image to be vibrant and detailed.

This is basically the same idea that the bond films did with the vhs spines:
james-bond-vhs-collection.jpg

But the steelbook spines don't have much space to utilise.

This could work with any film series or tv show though so there is endless possibilities.

Could you put me down for the follow prize entries:

1. Shaun Of The Dead Vinyl
2. American Psycho Digibook
3. Man Of Steel Lenticular
4. 10 Steelbook protectors

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow we do need to work for this one haha it is fun though and some great ideas already
Unfortunately I'm having to resort to google images and you soon discover how hard it is relying on the same old photos anyway here goes

As it's October Halloween themed steelbook
Blair Witch Project
2 styles black and white
500 x black
500 x white

Black (dark) Themed release
Front and Rear artwork
6F2136BB-7EC3-46D4-B6DA-E23BC3D8F7A9-3979-00000520D5F8B05B_zps779c8cbd.jpg
80C8A5E3-96B7-4B6F-8D66-EAFEDB0CBDF9-3979-00000520D8228D90_zpsd29d1460.jpg

Both in the same concrete colour creating a continuity at around the steelbook (couldn't change this but you get the idea) in a matt finish with gloss bright red and black hand prints embossed and debossed hands in the style of the raids windows (also the text "a dossier" wouldn't be there haha)
Inside Artwork
63265261-A293-44C6-AA65-B9715AB07E23-3979-00000520D88F1AEC_zpsc4081860.jpg

White (light) themed edition

Front and Rear Artwork
1D737446-6B23-4690-894C-92A0D3E0BDA4-3979-00000520D1C3E5FA_zps71b6930f.jpg
0ADF383A-F5B6-4635-B56C-7D8A33FF2281-3979-00000520EB165491_zpsc755d995.jpg

Gloss white I guess with matt effect on the black parts, embossed title
Inside artwork
ED486E2D-A44A-4B3C-A27D-AAB5CB9D93AC-3979-00000520EB8F42B9_zps117b63cb.jpg

Both will come with the same Slipcover which will be this
EAB3AC06-EB82-42CF-990E-B3C0D592F07E-3979-00000520EBF10182_zpsdb5f7914.jpg

And include art cards and a credit card style number thing which is a great idea by kimchi oh hell why not throw in a wooden prop voodoo stick aswell

Prize list
1 - hansel & Gretel steelbook
2 - American psycho digibook
3 - wolverine origins steel
4 - only god forgives digi
5 - Shaun of the dead ost
6 - loot crate
7 - steelbook protectors

so my steelbook would be ROAD TO PERDITION
ID LIKE IT AS A LENTI KIMCHI STEEL IN A GLOSS FINISH 500 LIMITED NUMBER AND A NUMBER 666 FOR MY MATE @satanclaus
MY FRONT COVER WOULD BE THIS-
images (1).jpg

THE LENTI EFFECT WOULD HAVE THE RAIN MOVING WITH A DEBOSSED ROAD TO PERDITION AT THE TOP (NO NAMES ON FRONT)
MY INSIDE WORK WOULD BE THIS
download (2).jpg

THEN PLAIN BLACK AT THE BACK WITH THE HEADLINE-

IM
GLAD
IT
WAS
YOU
EMBOSSED OF CAUSE

THANKS FOR THE GIVEAWAY . MY CHOICES IF THIS IS ACCEPTED IS , 1 BEING FIRST CHOICE

1 Man of Steel Lenticular Magnet - Walmart Exclusive (Magnet ONLY - Mint)
2 American Psycho Korean Digipack - Limited to ONLY 500! - (Region Free) (Sealed/Mint)
3 Hansel & Gretel German Steelbook (Region Free!) (Sealed/Mint)
4 Harold & Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay Blu-Ray with 2008 SDCC Exclusive slipcover (Amaray sealed/Slipcover near mint)
CHEERS M

Reactions: mlmaier84 and Hooch
Congrats and thx for the awesome giveaway Mathew! @mlmaier84

Let me give this a shot. I have 2 ideas in mind.
First:
Godzilla/Gojira (1954) Plain Archive Limited Exclusive Steelbook (2D/3D)

Cover Art: Full Gloss, Embossed and debossed
GC.png

Cover (1).png

Cover (2).png

IA.png

Disc 1: Gojira (1954) & Godzilla: King of the Monsters (1954) 2D
Disc 2: Gojira (1954) & Godzilla: King of the Monsters (1954) 3D

D.png

Spine

Spine.png

Full Slipcover: Full Gloss

SC.png

A3 Size Folded Back to Back Poster

Front

Poster Front.jpg

Back
Poster Back.jpg

Booklet: All text in English

Booklet.png

Continue:

Art Cards

Artcards (1).jpg Artcards (2).jpg Artcards (3).jpg Artcards (4).jpg Artcards (5).jpg Artcards (6).jpg Artcards (7).png Artcards.jpg Artcards1 (2).jpg Artcards1 (1).jpg

In order:
2) American Psycho Korean Digipack - Limited to ONLY 500! - (Region Free) (Sealed/Mint)
3.) Only God Forgives German Digibook - Limited & Numbered - (Region B ONLY) (Open/Mint)
4.) Hansel & Gretel German Steelbook (Region Free!) (Sealed/Mint)
6.) Harold & Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay Blu-Ray with 2008 SDCC Exclusive slipcover (Amaray sealed/Slipcover near mint)
7.) Rocket Raccoon Funko Pop! Vinyl figure - (Sealed/Mint)
8.) Pacific Rim NECA Figurine - "Gipsy Danger" - Loose but Mint (Includes "Sword" attachment)
10) Man of Steel Lenticular Magnet - Walmart Exclusive (Magnet ONLY - Mint)
11) 10 pack of G2 plastic STEELBOOK protectors intended for sealed Steelbooks or open Steelbooks with the j-card/data sheet still attached

Thx again!

Last edited:
Congrats and thx again for the awesome giveaway Mathew! @mlmaier84

My second idea:

Boogie Nights (2D/3D) Plain Archive Limited Exclusive Steelbook (Iconic Art)

Cover Art: Full Gloss, Embossed, Debossed
CA.png
Cover.png

Cover2.png

IA.png

DA.png

Booklet: All text in English

Booklet.png

Velvet Full Slipcover Front and Back

SC.png

Spine: Glow in the dark title

Spine.png

A3 Size Folded Back to Back Poster

Front
Poster.jpg

Back
Poster1.png

Reactions: mlmaier84 and MGD
Continue:

Art Cards

Artcards (1).jpg Artcards (2).jpg Artcards (3).jpg Artcards (4).jpg Artcards1 (1).png Artcards1 (2).png

Free Gift: M & M's Chocolate Flavored Condom (Edible) Limited to 69 (Numbered)

Gift.png

In order:
2) American Psycho Korean Digipack - Limited to ONLY 500! - (Region Free) (Sealed/Mint)
4.) Hansel & Gretel German Steelbook (Region Free!) (Sealed/Mint)
7.) Rocket Raccoon Funko Pop! Vinyl figure - (Sealed/Mint)
8.) Pacific Rim NECA Figurine - "Gipsy Danger" - Loose but Mint (Includes "Sword" attachment)
10) Man of Steel Lenticular Magnet - Walmart Exclusive (Magnet ONLY - Mint)
11) 10 pack of G2 plastic STEELBOOK protectors intended for sealed Steelbooks or open Steelbooks with the j-card/data sheet still attached

Thx again!

BUMP!!!

EVERYONE has done nothing less than an AMAZING JOB so far!!!! However, I'm a little disappointed in the turnout! Kinda sad that you ask people to put in a little effort and not very many sign up. I guess I can't complain seeing as I knew this would happen which is the EXACT reason I made the rules the way they are.

THANKS AGAIN to ALL participants!!! You guys are AWESOME!!!! But where the hell is: @satanclaus, @Marco86, @MGD, @bloodsnake007, @Bluprint, @zesty, @djs1401, @harry, @Bengaloo, @Scary Hair and the rest of you feckers that always make your own mockups!!! This is your chance to make WHATEVER YOU WANT and to possibly get "paid" for it!!!

If I won I would like:

1. Mondo Exclusive "Shaun of the Dead" OST Vinyl - Autographed by Jock

Thanks for the giveaway!

And I'd have to do a Guardians of the Galaxy Steelbook Release, not only because (imo) the current steelbook looks bleh but I LOVE this movie and would love to see an awesome set with the following -

Gloss and Embossed:
1T56AY.png

Inside Art:
epZ1Om.jpg

Disc Art:
Disc for the feature film would look like the Infinity Orb
64tS9L.jpg

1/4 Slip:
KG0OUm.jpg

Numbering Card:
Designed to look like the Tape, and the numbering would be printed on to look hand written in a similar style that Quill's Mother used.
zkc8wR.jpg

Extras:
Various stickers featuring Cartoons and Movies from the 80s (especially Troll Dolls)
jNBvZG.jpg

A replica of the Purple Infinity Stone (it wouldnt have to be that big, it could even be carved from something like amethyste)
example of a amethyste stone -
c9g81w.jpg

A copy of Awesome Mix Vol 1 on Tape -
SYDWxA.jpg

Mondo Art Prints (usual art card size) -
U5qDn4.png

This set will be limited to 1988 units (the year Quill was abducted)

I'll go with Transformers (1986) movie. I'll take any studio but have generally enjoyed Kimchi Release so lets go with that, but am not set on anything

Limited to 2000, numbered, first 300 sold as a paired numbered set with an extra large slip for the paired sets
Glossed, embossed title
Comes with 5 double sided bio cards, telling the stats of 5 autobots and 5 decepticons

Art was taken from Acidfree Gallery from a 30th anniversary poster, but maybe they would do something like that with the title

Autobot Version
2.Autobot_Outside.jpg

1.Autobot_Inside.jpg

Decepticon Version

2.Decepticon_Outside.jpg

2.Decepticon_Inside.jpg

Original Image for when you place the steelbooks side by side

art.jpg

just like 1, 9 , and 10 in that order

Last edited: