Release date: June 29th, 2015
Purchase link: Wolf Creek (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11089710-1644275946659171.JPG

11089710-1434275946667445.jpg

11089710-1624275946663464.JPG

Last edited:
I really like the art and the film, but it's safe to say that this will drop in price massively in a few months . It's a niche titel comparable to "Cold in July"...don't pay full price for this!

Holy heck, this is awful, who on earth is authorising this rubbish? Have Zavvi put a noose around there own neck with what has clearly become a StudioCanal stitchup. It's a bad deal, and what's worse with this release is it's still due for release on the 16th March. It hasn't even been up for pre-order yet. IMHO the only StudioCanal/Zavvi exclusives that have been worthy of note is There Will Be Blood and Army of Darkness, the others are unfortunately forgettable.

Holy heck, this is awful, who on earth is authorising this rubbish? Have Zavvi put a noose around there own neck with what has clearly become a StudioCanal stitchup. It's a bad deal, and what's worse with this release is it's still due for release on the 16th March. It hasn't even been up for pre-order yet. IMHO the only StudioCanal/Zavvi exclusives that have been worthy of note is There Will Be Blood and Army of Darkness, the others are unfortunately forgettable.
I have seen this in an amaray for as little as £3 with the same artwork, as for studio canal I'd add They Live to that list, surprised that didn't sell out and has dropped in price...

Reactions: Mr Y Fronts
I really like the art and the film, but it's safe to say that this will drop in price massively in a few months . It's a niche titel comparable to "Cold in July"...don't pay full price for this!

I'd say Cold In July is pretty niche too, in fact, I'd wager Wolf Creek made a lot more money than Cold in July.

I'd say Cold In July is pretty niche too, in fact, I'd wager Wolf Creek made a lot more money than Cold in July.

True for sure, but Horror flicks always have a hard time, when it comes to steels. Think of how long the really great steel of "The Conjuring" was available at Zavvi (without any big price drop though) and this was a very hyped, new movie.
So I think it's safe to say that Wolf Creek will share the faith of releases like "Cold in July".

I don't own this, the steelbook did not tempt me, I will skip this one, the standard keep case has the same front and the movie poster is not one I like.

Same as the guys above have said. The standard Amaray is cheaper than a cheap tart on a Friday night, so why would we want to pay an extra tenner for just a tin case? It has been proven that SteelBook cases don't cost all that much more than Amaray cases, and they certainly don't warrant paying a tenner more for the privilege!

The artwork is dreadful. It looks cheap and tacky, and I can't see anyone spaffing their wad over it. Maybe if Zavvi were selling it at £8 or less it would be more appealing, but it's the sort of SteelBook you would want to hide. Or frisbee. Or take out to the yard and shoot point blank. It looks as if the "artist" has spilt a vial of iodine all over it and called it a day!

To make matters worse, Zavvi have had this monstrosity on their site for several months without making it live to pre-order. The release date has come and gone, and it seems to have faded into obscurity along with American Psycho. Anyone who actually knows what's going on with these releases doesn't appear to want to share with the rest of the class, and it's evident that Zavvi either don't know or don't care enough to want to inform us. One way or another, it would be nice to know whether this actually exists or not.

I'm not sure that people who have a genuine interest in buying the steelbook would be interested in your opinion though if you 'couldn't care less about this'? Doesn't really contribute anything only negativity. But that's just my opinion.
When this was first announced, I was genuinely exited at this getting the steelbook treatment, and when the art was finally released, it was just a re-hash of the same old amaray artwork, just completely lazy, and I'm not the only one who is/was disappointed at the final art, but each to their own..

Reactions: BluSteel2012