Release Date: October 19th, 2011
Purchase link: Amazon.fr
Confirmed G2

xmencommencementsteelfr-2.jpg

Actual pictures: (Thanks to greg62):
x-men1.jpg

x-men2.jpg

x-men3.jpg

Comparison of UK to French Ed: (Thanks Drum18)
Received this today (tx to :ninja:) and here's a quick comparison with the Uk edition if you wonder (like me) if you should get it:
View attachment 14133
View attachment 14134
View attachment 14135
+ No logo on front
+ Embossed X-Men logo
+ Debossed front
+ No text in the back
+ Inside art
+ Booklet :scat:
- French title
- French spine (upside down)

Last edited by a moderator:
There's possibility that this would be locked Region B as Fox releases tend to be locked.

That's correct - and further to the point - the last X-Men related title released in France in steeelbook (Wolverine) was region B locked.

Pre-ordered this together with the Priest, Mummy Trilogy a few more.
Notice their shipping cost has increase tremendously. Is it across the board ? Or just overseas shipping ?

Pre-ordered this together with the Priest, Mummy Trilogy a few more.
Notice their shipping cost has increase tremendously. Is it across the board ? Or just overseas shipping ?

Did you choose express shipping? This is now done by UPS, so that might account for your increase in cost.

Is this G2 steelbook?
Btw have u guys heard anything on the canada release?

It appears to be G2, but we have no confirmation at this time. The Canada release has been confirmed as another type metal packaging, not a steelbook.

You can read more about it here.

Last edited:
Hi Angelo-yes, and hopefully we'll get more. You can always check to confirm whether it's actually "locked" (though Fox almost always locks it's BD, I believe). There are a couple hundred Steelbooks released around the world-you can check out the country-specific list here http://www.bluraysteelbooks.com/steelbook-list/.

Any with a little globe are confirmed region free. But, always feel free to ask-welcome to the site! :scat:

Hi Angelo-yes, and hopefully we'll get more. You can always check to confirm whether it's actually "locked" (though Fox almost always locks it's BD, I believe). There are a couple hundred Steelbooks released around the world-you can check out the country-specific list here http://www.bluraysteelbooks.com/steelbook-list/.

Any with a little globe are confirmed region free. But, always feel free to ask-welcome to the site! :scat:

Thanks a lot for all your help I really appreciate it. LIke your avatar I love the new spidey suit cant wait for amazing spiderman.

No problem, Angelo-feel free to continue to surf the forum, and stop by the Spidey thread, here. If you have any questions, feel free to PM,too.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were you, I wouldn't order it on amazon.fr before knowing if FNAC will release an exclusive one (with booklet, pictures...).

FNAC exclusives are always the most valuable french steels.

Reactions: digitalbabe
If fnac release an exclusive i will order it and cancel my amazon order. But for now, there nothing planned on la fnac, so i just ordered at amazon because the price is lower for this edition.

:scat: same here, I'll order from FNAC again anytime if it do gets an exclusive release. :D

If fnac release an exclusive i will order it and cancel my amazon order. But for now, there nothing planned on la fnac, so i just ordered at amazon because the price is lower for this edition.

Is there any xmen first class steel books coming to the us or any that will be region free to ship to us if not I will just order the regular off amazon.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

I was thinking is there some kind of petition we can start to get steel books made in the united states you would think givin the choice a buyer would choose steel book over regular case any day of the week.

Hi Angelo-feedback is gathered and passed on to our direct contacts in this industry regularly. Rest assured you're not the only person that wishes to have more Steelbooks released in the USA. No, at this point, there are no plans for a Steelbook(TM) for North America, but this could always change. Stay tuned to the threads, and you'll be among the first to know:)