Release Date: October 19th, 2011
Purchase link: Amazon.fr
Confirmed G2

xmencommencementsteelfr-2.jpg

Actual pictures: (Thanks to greg62):
x-men1.jpg

x-men2.jpg

x-men3.jpg

Comparison of UK to French Ed: (Thanks Drum18)
Received this today (tx to :ninja:) and here's a quick comparison with the Uk edition if you wonder (like me) if you should get it:
View attachment 14133
View attachment 14134
View attachment 14135
+ No logo on front
+ Embossed X-Men logo
+ Debossed front
+ No text in the back
+ Inside art
+ Booklet :scat:
- French title
- French spine (upside down)

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone from the US or Canada missed out on the UK steelbook, I ordered a few of these in case there's some interest.

Roughly the same cost as the UK one - check the group buy forum for more info.

besides Region B Locked, any chance that this release would have forced France subtitle? after UK version has been sold out, well, perhaps this is my only option to have my favorite summer movie of the year in SB :(

besides Region B Locked, any chance that this release would have forced France subtitle? after UK version has been sold out, well, perhaps this is my only option to have my favorite summer movie of the year in SB :(

Who says it's region B locked? Is that confirmed? I have 6 French Fox Blu-rays, and 4 of them are region free (or at least AB).

ANd forced subs... Doesn't really sound something Fox would...

Reactions: fariz
I can't wait for the final picture of this one.....it has a complete circle...and FIRST CLASS is not printed twice :scat:

My favorite X-Men film, I'll have to get one of the Region A versions!

Anyone can please confirm if this is definately a G2 Steelbook. I am thinking of ordering however doesn't mention anywhere 'boitler Metal' so thinking could be standard amaray version.

Thank you

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Anyone can please confirm if this is definately a G2 Steelbook. I am thinking of ordering however doesn't mention anywhere 'boitler Metal' so thinking could be standard amaray version.

Thank you

Does FNAC ship to Uk anyone?

Thank you

Thank you

That is what I was thinking too....almost looks like a slip cover on a standard Amaray

That is what I was thinking too....almost looks like a slip cover on a standard Amaray

Yeah, but on pics like that as you are mentioning, they don't have the outline of the steelbook spine. ;)

In addition, amazon.fr doesn't always update their listings correctly, but the FNAC listing, which shows the same picture, including the booklet has indicated it is indeed a steelbook.

FNAC does ship to the UK, but remember, returns are not as easy as they are with amazon sites. I've heard from members here that have not always had the best experience with FNAC.

Hope that helps everybody.

http://video.fnac.com/a3664801/X-Men-Le-commencement-Blu-Ray-Combo-Edition-Collector-Limitee-Boitier-metal-James-McAvoy-Blu-Ray

Reactions: gbdragon
Spawn-yes, they do, but you are better off asking a French member for personal assistance. As Andy mentioned FNAC can be a nightmware to deal with for customer service issues. I've experienced this myself. I've sent PM.

terrible experience with Inception briefcase , it's gone around the world (Israel) than arrived in italy damaged from Israel custom