Colombianlove41

Writer/Editor/Mod
Premium Supporter
Aug 23, 2010
Gotham
XB1 - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan
XB1S - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan

XB1X - UK Game | UK Amazon | USA Amazon

8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there’s still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It’ll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution.​

XB1.jpg

Attachments

• XB.png
    XB.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 5,947
Last edited by a moderator:
Like???

We got the console itself, New Kinect, New controller, TV functionality, exclusive content deals, games and a full breakdown of the new OS.

Bar the controller and game demos I can't see the correlation..

I do however believe they didn't give enough info on the specs.. What speed CPU/BUS.. Memory Speed.. Graphics/APU specs.. HDD FF.. Etc etc.

FYI a lot of this new content and TV stuff won't be available outside of the US. So if you are excited over this and live outside the US some (if not most) of the features are irrelevant to you.

Secondly, reading all around the net there's been lots of articles and the things that really stand out are quite frankly pretty concerning. Kinect is always on even after you turn if "off". One will require internet at least once a day and worst of all they have single handedly taken ability to use games that aren't new.

Reactions: Frasr
What does it matter really to be always connected? Not really a big deal to me. People just need something to complain about. I hope the PS4 ends up always on, that would make my year

If I'm in the military, how do I play my game console now??

Not everyone has good Internet or Internet at all. The infrastructure isn't there yet. Since I have Internet it doesn't matter to me, but I like I said its the precedent of them screwing everyone else. By buying this, you support that notion.

They are also screwing everyone not in the United States. As Horhay says above.

What does it matter really to be always connected? Not really a big deal to me. People just need something to complain about. I hope the PS4 ends up always on, that would make my year

Destiny will be always on and it's on the ps4 so what do people think? Yes you will in some way need to be always on to play games in the future get over it.

how many people actually have their internet go down for days at a time? I don't think always on will ever be a big deal, people just need something to grab onto to try and make MS look like ****. People tend to want to doom big companies.

I guess in the military you won't always have an internet connection

This, they don't always have an internet collection. I understand most people have an internet connection, and this won't affect them the slightest. All I'm doing is looking at from the other side. Giving you guys a different perspective. Most Americans could care less about most of this (besides used games to an extent). Microsoft really shafted anyone outside of the United States.

I'm sure at least some of the tv related features will work in the UK since they mentioned that their London office is involved. But tbh I just prefer the Xbox exclusives to Sony ones :p

That video made me laugh. He's so angry and a hater (reminds me of a friends, haha). I just think its cool to speculate but like I keep saying, wait until E3.

And I'm not a rich person but I see the point of charging for used games when its the publishers that had influence in it. Look at all of the publishers that have closed in the last year and used games is a killer for the studios. Either way, I'm a gamer and a die hard Xbox fan, I'm excited about the new console and moving forward in the industry.

Microsoft teases 'Big' Xbox 360 announcement for E3

Microsoft Game Studios executive Phil Spencer has said that the company has a "huge" Xbox 360 announcement in the works for next month's Electronic Entertainment Expo.

Speaking in an interview with Gamespot, Spencer talked up the console, revealing that it's not quite finished with the Xbox 360 yet.

"I think the [Xbox 360] is going to be very vibrant for many years. In fact, we have a huge, I think it's huge, [Xbox 360] announcement for E3 that I keep wanting to talk about, but I can't," Spencer said. "I think it will surprise people. I loved what we did last year with Minecraft; bring Minecraft to the box; six million units later it's kind of a beast. I think there's a lot of life in the [Xbox 360] for years to come."

That video made me laugh. He's so angry and a hater (reminds me of a friends, haha). I just think its cool to speculate but like I keep saying, wait until E3.

Joe? No way that he's a hater. Just watch his reviews, he's one of the best and most objective reviewers out there. Just watch the clips.

He doesn't own a PS3 btw, plays all his games either on PC or XBOX360. Just because he has another opinion about Microsoft's plans than you doesn't make him a hater.

Reactions: Jace88
Joe? No way that he's a hater. Just watch his reviews, he's one of the best and most objective reviewers out there. Just watch the clips.

He doesn't own a PS3 btw, plays all his games either on PC or XBOX360. Just because he has another opinion about Microsoft's plans than you doesn't make him a hater.

Glad you pointed this out. Joe is far from a hater and loves Microsoft. Just because someone has a negative opinion on something doesn't make them a hater. Lol.

Reactions: Jace88
I hope its not too expensive.

Its getting so much hate, i don't understand i think it looks incredible and i really dont understand why.

Every one should be happy that xbox are trying to branch out to different channels through the entertainment industry.

Reactions: Chandler_90
I'm sure at least some of the tv related features will work in the UK since they mentioned that their London office is involved. But tbh I just prefer the Xbox exclusives to Sony ones :p

HA HA.I'm not gonna lie i prefer the Xbox services and controllers but they just lack major exclusives.If Ms had a good stable of Exclusives and studios i might leave Sony for good.But we all know the Xbox is still the Halo box which would explain all the TV and social focus,Halo is made by freaking mostly women now.They wanna show off everything they do:cool:

Personally I love Halo, Forza has surpassed Gran Turismo, I hear PGR may be making a comeback too. Then you have Gears of War, early CoD dlc. You may remember Splinter Cell being Xbox exclusive for a long time. With MGS no longer PS exclusive, you're really only talking about Uncharted and God of War, neither of which are appealing enough to make me buy another console. And I've tried Killzone. It's a steaming pile of garbage compared to Halo. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Personally I love Halo, Forza has surpassed Gran Turismo, I hear PGR may be making a comeback too. Then you have Gears of War, early CoD dlc. You may remember Splinter Cell being Xbox exclusive for a long time. With MGS no longer PS exclusive, you're really only talking about Uncharted and God of War, neither of which are appealing enough to make me buy another console. And I've tried Killzone. It's a steaming pile of garbage compared to Halo. But hey, that's just my opinion.

They also lost the exclusives of Final Fantasy and insomniac is making it's way over to Xbox hardware as well.Uncharted is a great series and last of us seems like it will be something special .they may have an exclusive coming from the 15 that could be epic to and rival uncharted.

Glad you pointed this out. Joe is far from a hater and loves Microsoft. Just because someone has a negative opinion on something doesn't make them a hater. Lol.

Wow, don't release the dogs and relax, haha. I just meant in the sense of him getting his blood up to a boil and my definition of a hater may be different than yours. I've seen his clips and I don't share his views on a lot of things. I'm not going further than this because this thread isn't for that but I'm not a fan of his

And I'm not a rich person but I see the point of charging for used games when its the publishers that had influence in it. Look at all of the publishers that have closed in the last year and used games is a killer for the studios. Either way, I'm a gamer and a die hard Xbox fan, I'm excited about the new console and moving forward in the industry.

In agreement. We all lament the losing of another studio (I'm sad I will never see another Split Second) but if certain games are not a fiver in Game we all get pissy.

I'm looking forward to it and now I know I cannot transfer games over I can get a new 360 with bigger memory. Looks like I may have a clash of Kinects but hopefully the new model can work with a new 360?