Colombianlove41

Writer/Editor/Mod
Premium Supporter
Aug 23, 2010
Gotham
XB1 - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan
XB1S - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan

XB1X - UK Game | UK Amazon | USA Amazon

8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there’s still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It’ll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution.​

XB1.jpg

Attachments

• XB.png
    XB.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 5,944
Last edited by a moderator:
The Xbox is not always on.. you can play single player games with the internet turned off. The rest of their features will not work... mostly.

From reading a few articles out there it seems like there's still confusion on this. I read on Joystiq that if the dev chooses to pass on computing to the cloud, this could affect the single player mode and internet would be required at this point.

From reading a few articles out there it seems like there's still confusion on this. I read on Joystiq that if the dev chooses to pass on computing to the cloud, this could affect the single player mode and internet would be required at this point.

I interpreted it as MS allowing Devs to push some of the game processes onto cloud computing to speed up the game and improve image quality etc.

So my understanding is if you have bad internet, games may be slower and lower image quality for you

Although most devs won't start using this for 2 or 3 years at least imo assuming it does get used

NFL on Xbox. F'n A.

I don't care what the price is or how long I have to stand in line. It's a day one purchase for me.

I'm really excited about the streaming capabilities. Most likely I won't be using it with cable television, it's too expensive. Instead I'll be using at as my cable. My Xbox currently allows me the ability to watch MLB, NBA, ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN U, the stupid shows that are on the CW, I get national news, and with Netflix it's like subscribing to every cable movie channel for a lot less. Throw the NFL + Sunday Ticket in there along with a much improved & integral Kinect experience. This console is going to change things.

Woah woah woah. Count me in with that. Didn't know bout that yet!

I too am all over this.

There seems to be a lot of negativity on the net about the reveal..

The amount of features make this so exciting, I won't really use the TV features but the NFL partnership.. The speed of the console in general and the fact that gamer score will transfer and a lot of cloud based content such as achievements can be changed on the fly were not expected!

The games look cool too..

I'm not sure what's not to like??

Ok looks like Kotaku went and asked Harrison himself about the internet always on issue:

The Xbox One doesn't have to be online all the time, but it does have to be online. Not just once in a while—once a day, according to Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison.

In a Q&A on their press site for the new Xbox, Microsoft tackles the always-on question with a strangely-worded answer: "No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet."

At the event in Redmond today, Kotaku boss Stephen Totilo asked Phil Harrison for clarification on this. And what Harrison told us might not please people who enjoy playing Xbox on military bases or other locations without Internet.

"There are many devices in your life that require the Internet to function," he said. "Xbox One is no different in that it requires, at some point in the beginning and at various times through its on state, to connect to our cloud and to our Internet. That is to deliver Xbox Live functionality, that is to deliver download content to you, that is to deliver some of the innovations around TV and entertainment that we showed today. But it doesn’t require it to be online all the time."

So how often does it check your connection? "Depends on the experience," Harrison said.

"For single-player games that don’t require connectivity to Xbox Live, you should be able to play those without interruption should your Internet connection go down. Blu-ray movies and other downloaded entertainment should be accessible when your Internet connection may be interrupted. But the device is fundamentally designed to be expanded and extended by the Internet as many devices are today."

And here's the bombshell:

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

So the system is built to work even if your Internet connection goes down, but you still have to be connected at least once a day to use it, according to Harrison. We're not sure exactly what would happen if you don't connect once per day—and that timeframe could change—but this doesn't sound good for anyone who was hoping to use Xbox One without an Internet connection.

I dunno guys, looks like M$ just sold a lot of PS4 during today's reveal.

Ok looks like Kotaku went and asked Harrison himself about the internet always on issue:

I dunno guys, looks like M$ just sold a lot of PS4 during today's reveal.

Like???

We got the console itself, New Kinect, New controller, TV functionality, exclusive content deals, games and a full breakdown of the new OS.

Bar the controller and game demos I can't see the correlation..

I do however believe they didn't give enough info on the specs.. What speed CPU/BUS.. Memory Speed.. Graphics/APU specs.. HDD FF.. Etc etc.

We saw a few games but no actual real gameplay...not much other than a lot of tv stuff and that is all secondary to me as a gamer. They need to show a lot more at E3 to make me go for the Xbox again and damn its big:p

Like???

We got the console itself, New Kinect, New controller, TV functionality, exclusive content deals, games and a full breakdown of the new OS.

Bar the controller and game demos I can't see the correlation..

I do however believe they didn't give enough info on the specs.. What speed CPU/BUS.. Memory Speed.. Graphics/APU specs.. HDD FF.. Etc etc.

Possibly because, again, Xbox One specs won't beat PS4, exception made to the processor, which seems to be the same AMD Jaguar. As for RAM, for example, PS4 will bear DDR5 memory, while Xbox is said to have DDR3. Can't wait to see an accurate specs comparison.

Im watching it right now because. i was at work all day. Im at the halo point where Steven is talking about the halo show.

So far im loving this event so much more than sony.

I think it looks terrible. But it does a lot of cool **** ;)

I liked the design of the current Xbox. I don't know why they changed it up so much. Oh well

Reactions: Jace88
Wait, Wait, Wait... People actually liked this?

Box looks like a VCR...

No games were shown except COD, which doesn't look any different..

Everything was CG trailers.. see PS3 2006..

They promised alot about TV, which is only available in the US, and is reliant on a box that supports it.

The Xbox has CD-Keys for each game, which has to be checked against the server before you can play the game. (so it is always online, technically).

You can't share games, or rent games, There is a fee associated with it.

Again, it's supposed to be a game console and they didn't show anything to push gaming, they tried to push the TV and kinect 2.

This was probably the worst reveal ever.

Also, who cares if you can watch NFL and have fantasy together? PS3 does this already with the NFL Sunday Ticket. Who doesn't use their phone/iphone/ipad/tablet/computer to check their fantasy team as they watch the game...

All it is, is a nice feature that barely anyone will use.. Just like Siri on the iphone.

Last edited:
lol, I love how you just take your opinion and institute it as fact.

No one cares about watching the NFL and being able to check fantasy stats simultaneously! :hilarious:

Yes, you are right. This reveal was about it's usefulness as an entertainment device, not just a gaming system. They pushed their new cutting edge Kinect. They pushed the seamless transition between tasks. Give game developers some time to actually make the games before you start shouting "where's the in-game!?!?!"

You're a hater, bro.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlimJim24
lol, I love how you just take your opinion and institute it as fact.

No one cares about watching the NFL and being able to check fantasy stats simultaneously! :hilarious:

Yes, you are right. This reveal was about it's usefulness as an entertainment device, not just a gaming system. They pushed their new cutting edge Kinect. They pushed the seamless transition between tasks. Give game developers some time to actually make the games before you start shouting "where's the in-game!?!?!"

You're a hater, bro.

I'm not a hater.. the NFL stuff is just an overlay of stats from the internet.. It's nothing else.

Give them time? This console will release in 5 months.. these games should be near completion. It's been 8 years.. They have had plenty of time.

My very last two sentences are the only opinion part that are opinion, the rest have been revealed through the day. This reveal was bad for the state of gaming.

I'm not a hater.. the NFL stuff is just an overlay of stats from the internet.. It's nothing else.

Give them time? This console will release in 5 months.. these games should be near completion. It's been 8 years.. They have had plenty of time.

My very last two sentences are the only opinion part that are opinion, the rest have been revealed through the day. This reveal was bad for the state of gaming.

You're simply wrong. Live broadcasts will be a part of the partnership between Xbox & the NFL. It's an EXCLUSIVE PARTNERSHIP.

Rewatch and listen.

Mark my words, you will be able to watch the Sunday Ticket through your Xbox One.

Live broadcasts will be a part of the partnership between Xbox & the NFL. It's an EXCLUSIVE PARTNERSHIP.

Rewatch and listen.

It's not about listening, so much misinformation in that reveal. Read the press releases..

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/microsoft-lands-nfl-partnership-for-xbox-one/

Microsoft and National Football League announce multiyear landmark partnership to enhance the game for fans, players and coaches

May 21, 2013

Introduction of Interactive NFL Experience on Xbox and Surface technology on NFL sidelines to shape the future of football - in the living room and on the field.

REDMOND, Wash. - May 21, 2013 - Microsoft Corp. and the National Football League (NFL) today announced a multiyear, landmark partnership that will deliver truly unique interactive NFL television experiences for the next-generation Xbox One and leverage Microsoft devices and services to evolve the in-game, sideline experience for coaches, players and other personnel.

"We love the passion that players, coaches and fans bring to the NFL game; it's what makes the NFL game-day experience so unique," said Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO. "We're excited to apply our passion for technology to the NFL experience, both on the sidelines through the innovative use of Microsoft Surface devices, and for fans through an enhanced NFL viewing experience on Xbox One."

The agreement provides Microsoft with the rights to create exclusive interactive experiences through products such as Xbox One and Surface, transforming the way fans will experience the NFL in the years to come. The NFL on Xbox will provide fans with an all-new viewing experience through innovations around Skype and Xbox SmartGlass; an all-new, innovative fantasy football solution allowing fans to view players and live competition side by side on a single TV screen; and a personalized NFL destination featuring information about the players, teams and games fans care about most. Xbox also retains the exclusive rights to extend these interactive experiences to tablets, enabling fans to use Xbox SmartGlass technology to enhance game day.

"When we started working with Roger Goodell and the team at the NFL we knew that we could create great new experiences that fans would love," said Don Mattrick, president of the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft. "This partnership will redefine NFL experiences through exclusive and interactive content that you will find only on Xbox. For fans, the NFL on Xbox will provide the most complete way to enjoy live football by bringing the first fully-integrated fantasy football experience to the TV, exclusively through Xbox."

This partnership also changes the game for NFL teams because coaches and players will soon have access to a variety of cutting-edge Microsoft solutions, including Surface tablets to enhance on-field communications, photo viewing and play calling. Microsoft and the NFL envision a sideline of the future with players reviewing in-game photos from different camera angles directly from the sideline and head coaches calling plays off connected Surface tablets instead of today's static paper products. With Microsoft technology, NFL coaches, players and other personnel will have the technology they need to improve decision-making and on-field performance.

"From the use of instant replay to the yellow first-down line that has become an important element of the at-home television viewing experience, the NFL is committed to leveraging technology to improve our game for coaches, players and fans," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "We're thrilled to be teaming with a true innovator like Microsoft to shape the future of the NFL game experience, both on-field and in the living room."

As part of the partnership, Surface by Microsoft branding will appear on NFL sidelines in unique ways, including on the hoods of the official on-field NFL instant replay stations. As part of the relationship, Microsoft will be granted the following designations:

• Xbox remains "The Official Game Console of the NFL" and will also become "The Official Interactive Video Entertainment Console."

• Microsoft is "The Official Sideline Technology Sponsor of the NFL."

• Surface by Microsoft and Windows are "The Official Tablet and PC Operating System of the NFL."