Your Name (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Mar 6, 2016
Hawai'i
Release date: November 6, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £24.99 (Amazon - Zavvi) - £27.99 (HMV)

71e64NWSpbL._SX385_.jpg

Mitsuha and Taki are total strangers living completely different lives. But when Mitsuha makes a wish to leave her mountain town for the bustling city of Tokyo, they become connected in a bizarre way. She dreams she is a boy living in Tokyo while Taki dreams he is a girl from a rural town he’s never visited.​
What does their newfound connection mean? And how will it bring them together? Find out in the latest film from the acclaimed auteur Makoto Shinkai.

Contains the film on Blu-Ray and DVD with both the English dub and the original Japanese track with English subtitles. Presented in collectors packaging and also includes a CD of the film soundtrack by RADWIMPS.

Extras/Episodes
  • Film on Blu-Ray and DVD
  • Collectors Packaging
  • Soundtrack CD

Last edited by a moderator:
Base.com currently have this for pre-order at £14.99.
hey, thanks, pre-ordered! :thumbs: i always forget to check base.com. their pricing is all over the place - some things dirt cheap, other things overpriced - but every now and then you get something like this with is £10 cheaper than anywhere else. :wow:

• Thanks
Reactions: lenticularis
hey, thanks, pre-ordered! :thumbs: i always forget to check base.com. their pricing is all over the place - some things dirt cheap, other things overpriced - but every now and then you get something like this with is £10 cheaper than anywhere else. :wow:
I've started checking the site more frequently now in the hope of finding some cheaper 4K discs (managed to get Planet Earth II for £19.99 :joy:). They sometimes have some cheap steelbooks as well. But as you rightly say, their prices do seem to change frequently.

Happy you were able to order a copy at that price as I think it will probably increase again in the near future....or not :LOL:.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I've started checking the site more frequently now in the hope of finding some cheaper 4K discs (managed to get Planet Earth II for £19.99 :joy:). They sometimes have some cheap steelbooks as well. But as you rightly say, their prices do seem to change frequently.

Happy you were able to order a copy at that price as I think it will probably increase again in the near future....or not :LOL:.
thanks again! :notworthy: also for price checking, although it's no use outside the UK, or for premiums, i still always use this site for UK release price comparison. it's basic, but it's almost always correct and up to date. :thumbs:

Reactions: lenticularis
base.com cancelled my order -

We have cancelled your order for Your Name Collector's Edition Steelbook (Blu-ray + DVD+CD) as this product was on a while stocks last special offer and we have depleted all our stock.

Please accept our apologies for this. If you have other items on your order these will be unaffected.

Kind regards,

Customer Services

If you have any other questions, check our FAQ at www.base.com/faq

I got it, too. That's kind of rotten, when it was most likely just that someone typed in the wrong price when they listed it. :(

bollocks, make that 3 arbitrary cancellations. (n) me too. :grumpy: first time that's happened to me with a base discount offer. :meh:

I wrote a brief, polite email to base.com, saying that I feel it's unprofessional not to honor a customer order when it was the company's fault. They wrote back:

Hi,

We are very sorry but the email that you received was incorrect. Please find the correct email below:

We have cancelled your order for: Your Name Collector's Edition Steelbook (Blu-ray + DVD+CD) as this product has been sold at an incorrect price based on the wrong information received from our supplier.

Please accept our apologies for this. If you have other items on your order these will be unaffected.

Please note that we have not charged you for this order.

Kind regards,
Amy
Customer Services

So, just passing the blame along. :( Not very impressive. Oh well. Would've been a terrific deal on this steelbook, if it had worked.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
They're well within their rights in fairness. Nothing can be done about it unfortunately.

But yes, was too good to be true.

I didn't know a CD was included with this. Is the soundtrack any good?

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
upload_2017-9-28_14-20-17.png

Latest info and stats:
- This film is the highest grossing Japanese animated film with its current box office tally of $290M . . . overtaking Miyazaki's SPIRITED AWAY on $227M and with third place taken by TITANIC on $219M.
- Live action re-make going ahead courtesy Paramount Pictures and J. J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions.

They're well within their rights in fairness. Nothing can be done about it unfortunately.

But yes, was too good to be true.

I didn't know a CD was included with this. Is the soundtrack any good?
japanese film & animation soundtracks are always great and this is no exception, first i don't know about Radwimps and didn't imagine who composed the whole soundtrack would be a rock band, anyway are you using Apple Music? if you are you can check them --> here , enjoy good music :thumbs:

anyway does anybody know, will this be region B? thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
japanese film & animation soundtracks are always great and this is no exception, first i don't know about Radwimps and didn't imagine who composed the whole soundtrack would be a rock band, anyway are you using Apple Music? if you are you can check them --> here , enjoy good music :thumbs:

anyway does anybody know, will this be region B? thanks

Anime Ltd lock all their discs to region B yes. Safe to assume this will be the same.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: goufcustom