Zootopia (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #62) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: June 29, 2016 (Standard) - February 13, 2017 (E1) - March 29, 2017 (E2, E3)
Purchase links: Standard Edition - FAC Edition 1 - FAC Edition 2 - FAC Edition 3
Price: 799 CZK (Standard Edition) - 899 CZK (FAC E1) - 1099 CZK (FAC E2) - 2199 CZK (FAC E3)
HDN Group Buys: hosted by carllenc - E1 - E2 - E3

ZOOE1.JPG ZOOE2.JPG ZOOE3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree - they're reaching overkill, and too many - far too many actually, indifferent titles, especially if you add in the Black Barons stuff (as you should, it is just FA via the back door). I've already backed away from Michael Bay's political-muscle-twitching 13 hours, The Expendables with the inexplicable and unforgivable artwork describing the different editions as Expendables 1 and 2 respectively - yet containing the bargain-basement and pretty crummy Czech 1&2 steel (yet listen to Jan talking it up, it's golddust; sorry Jan, it's not mate), and I really don't think the new, not-so-Magnificent Seven is worth spending £35 quid on.

Add the fact that there hasn't been a Black Barons worth the coin and we're going nowhere fast - even the Fast & Furious Box Set is now redundant as we're closing in on No.8 - unless they leave space or add No 8 etc.

I think they really need to reassess.

To be fair, it is endemic with all of them.
Far too many variants on a theme.
Box sets that have just one film. In the good old days box sets of three had three different films - as it should be! Not doing every title to death with myriad editions over and over - FAC, Kimchi, BluFans, Nova, Manta . . . . ad bloody infinitum !!
FGS,give us a break. There are millions of films out there worthy of premuim steelbook treatment, yet they go ignored.
More thought on pleasing film fans rather than coining it would be nice.

There, rant over :)

Hey now let's not have them reassess anything tell after the fast and furious get done. I need those to continue to go with the rest and have a set of steels for them. But other than that I agree these companies are really working each release to death exspecially whe. You have 2-3 or more companies doing the same film. However from a company stand point when a producer wants you to use x amount of steels so you can have a premium release and you know you couldn't sell them all if the same edition it makes sense to offer a couple variants. All well we will collect what we want in the end

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
I agree - they're reaching overkill, and too many - far too many actually, indifferent titles, especially if you add in the Black Barons stuff (as you should, it is just FA via the back door). I've already backed away from Michael Bay's political-muscle-twitching 13 hours, The Expendables with the inexplicable and unforgivable artwork describing the different editions as Expendables 1 and 2 respectively - yet containing the bargain-basement and pretty crummy Czech 1&2 steel (yet listen to Jan talking it up, it's golddust; sorry Jan, it's not mate), and I really don't think the new, not-so-Magnificent Seven is worth spending £35 quid on.

Add the fact that there hasn't been a Black Barons worth the coin and we're going nowhere fast - even the Fast & Furious Box Set is now redundant as we're closing in on No.8 - unless they leave space or add No 8 etc.

I think they really need to reassess.

To be fair, it is endemic with all of them.
Far too many variants on a theme.
Box sets that have just one film. In the good old days box sets of three had three different films - as it should be! Not doing every title to death with myriad editions over and over - FAC, Kimchi, BluFans, Nova, Manta . . . . ad bloody infinitum !!
FGS,give us a break. There are millions of films out there worthy of premuim steelbook treatment, yet they go ignored.
More thought on pleasing film fans rather than coining it would be nice.

There, rant over :)
Wait, Zootopia is getting a Hardbox as well? Damn.
But can you blame them? People are blindly buying into it. I mean, i probably would do the same if i owned the company. They wouldnt be releasing this if it wasnt gonna sell.
I've distanced myself from most of their releases. Once in a while they have a good release. Only ones I'll be buying for now are BvS and SS. Heheh :cigar:

Both editions and box set actually look really nice with this (E2 is my fav) but I'm happy with my kimchi and possibly get the Blu fans

• Thanks
Reactions: lgans316 and harry
Both versions look awesome! Love the hardbox too :)

Not easy passing on this, but gonna be strong and wait for Blufans WEA.

Filmarena need to calm down on releases, prices, and different edition before collector's lose interest in FAC..

Have all FAC edition's but starting ordering "only" 1 edition from now on:naughty:

Reactions: lgans316
Completely underwhelmed by this. Kimchidvd's lenticular slip was amazing and these don't even come close.

Filmarena need to calm down on releases, prices, and different edition before collector's lose interest in FAC..

Have all FAC edition's but starting ordering "only" 1 edition from now on:naughty:

I agree, but couldn't the same be said for other retailers? Like Captain America Winter Soldier from Kimchi having 3 editions, and Jungle Book and Captain America Civil War from Nova also having 3 editions each?

Love it went for the E3 HB, will probably go for the Blufans as well due the WEA
Hoping this being another Disney title that it leads to other Disney FAC's