30 Days of Night (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Limited to 2000
Release Date: 11 August 2014 (was 04 August 2014)
Price: £14.99
Buy Link: 30 Days Of Night

WwXN7s1403869731.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 348
Last edited by a moderator:
All in all I'm happy with it very nice artwork, back is abit of a let down and would of been better same colour as the front which if course would of benefited with some gloss
But a 7 out of 10 steelbook all day long for me

It's just another example of "that will do" mentality that Zavvi employ unfortunately. Though I do quite like the steel as it is, im glad I canx it:stop:

Gotta disagree; original artwork for the front, a full picture back with a nice metallic effect and inside art. What more do you expect for 14.99? Yeah, gloss would have looked great but it would have jacked the price too and then everyone would complain about Zavvi over-pricing catalogue titles. I think its a nice steel and I'm happy with how it turned out.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Gotta disagree; original artwork for the front, a full picture back with a nice metallic effect and inside art. What more do you expect for 14.99? Yeah, gloss would have looked great but it would have jacked the price too and then everyone would complain about Zavvi over-pricing catalogue titles. I think its a nice steel and I'm happy with how it turned out.

The artwork itself is nice but I would rather pay more for quality and effort. IMO this was a missed opportunity. I have to agree with the poster above who labels this as a "that will do" mentality.

Reactions: Stevieboy

I'm glad you like it mate, as you clearly purchased it I'm happy you're satisfied with your purchase. As I said I quite like the steelbook as it is, but I'm glad I passed as I'll pick it up on fleabay for a tenner later like all the other substandard titles they're constantly churning out, as usual the sale picture looked promising, then the finished article looks bland at best. I don't think most object to paying more for back catalogue titles, I think they object to paying £17.99 for unimaginative rubbish.

Last edited:
Just watched this film for the first time last night. I heard a lot of good things but I was disappointed by it. I think a horror movie can be good in a few ways, either make it interesting, make it scary or make it fun and it wasn't any of those. Just a very bland movie in my opinion.

Mine just arrived. I quite like it. It does scream "That'll do", but it is a cheaper than most steels and it is one of my favourite films, so I'll take that.

It does give me an idea of what Drag Me To Hell will look like though if/when it finally gets released.

If you get this and The Road then they only cost £29.98 outside the deal. Although Zavvi will charge you £30 for them. You'd think that at least they would only put things in that are over £15! I know it's only 2p, but its the principle.

They will if you combine with other Steelbooks in the deal, but add this and The Road it's still £29.98 in the basket. I was inquisitive about it!

I'm coming up on 5 years on this forum. It's helped me find lots of Steelbooks. I thought I would add pics of one Steelbook each day (as they are in alphabetical order in my collection) to that particular Steelbooks corresponding thread. I thought it might be good for bumping the old titles for new collectors and appreciating/discussing them all over again!

Todays post is Steelbook #3

30 Days Of Night Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook Front.JPG

30 Days Of Night Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook Back.JPG

30 Days Of Night Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook Inside.JPG