Release date: August 13th, 2018
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey HERE

01-484072.png

71u47BM0KuL._SL1500_.jpg
81ELoPTBkfL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
£30 they are having a laugh , can't even emboss the scratches on the front like the US copy ....... HMV are getting greedy I will stick with the 4K version from Zoom for £18 and see what Film Arena cook up later.

I agree mate. A few years ago they were the next best thing to Play.com, but they've really let their steelbook game slide in the last 18 months.

• Thanks
Reactions: kingkarl1967
JLiG0gw.gif

Yes, clearly a business rather than an aesthetic decision for the double whammy difference between The Americas vs. the ROW. Works both ways of course but for the powers that be it must be more profitable to offer a choice of finishes/treatments than risk pissing off collectors in other territories with an inferior product.

Nothing wrong of course with the front artwork . . . but does look kind of sad in this finish next to the other one w/ the only sign of life to be seen here in the title and in those two important words on the back.
Saddest thing of all has got to be the 'gouges/scratches' which alas look like nothing more than rips in a sheet of paper.

Definitely a 'quiet' steelbook compared to the 'loud' US edition.

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Simply crap.

If this trend of dismal artwork + high price = UK steelbooks, then I might quit collecting UK steals altogether.

If you are going to spend £30 on a steal, may as well pay a little more and import something a bit more substantial for your money... You know, like a genuinely attractive and sought after collectable.

The UK market is an embarrassment now.

Great movie, lousy steel. Will save my wonga. Might save a little more if the upcoming Jurassic World steel ends up the way I fear.

I feel sorry for the guys that paid £30 for this. A few quid more and you could have bought a premium.
Premium for A QUIET PLACE? Haven't spotted one . . . but seems like a steelbook that CM could do a semi-premium for and hide in a nice lenticular slipcase . . . although, just like the superior US steelbook, that would also be missing the most important part of the package (for some customers).