Notes: Ultra Limited Print Run
10992245-1409331729-219202.jpg
10992245-1409331729-219195.jpg

Attachments

• Apocalypto.jpg
    Apocalypto.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 876
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't say I enjoyed it as much as some others do, its a good film, but i believe it is abit overrated tbh. Not going to jump on the wagon that fast..

I'm gonna get it when it goes live. Is there any zavvi promotion out there live Today? Like "quickZES" or stuff like that?

Thanks

Is that THE Zavvi spine slasher 0n the front art?! ;)

Love this movie, so a steelbook is a no brainer. One small gripe is just like the Braveheart re-release, Mel Gibson's. name is plastered on the front AND the spine. A little OTT.

But overall, I am happy with it. Good choice. :thumbs:

Some of the titles getting re-releases as steelbooks are just baffling...

'Interesting' note: Icon releases and my blu-ray player don't get along too well - Noticed on Drive (ended up buying a German version that's fine) and I can't recall the other but there are 2 - 3 instances where the film stutters and refreshes.

I really want this, but I think this might be the first Zavvi preorder I'll pass on in a while. And I'll tell you the reason.

Firstly, I got bent over yesterday by Zavvi with that silly Sin City 'canvas' promotion and am still waiting to hear back from them. (I cancelled my order immediately after purchase as I changed my mind, only for them to despatch the canvas (after about 5 mins) but then go ahead and cancel the Steelbook!!! Unbelievable!)

Secondly, I'm tired of being 'first in line' every time for a new release, only for it to be still in stock months later and available at a cheaper rate (be it 'flash sale' or discount coupons or whatever) Most, if not all of the Steelbooks I've purchased from them in the last six months are still available months after I'd been told they'd been 'sold out'.

It's almost a weekly occurence that there is a new Steelbook released from them now. It's getting to be too much and, if I'm honest, I'm getting a bit fed up. I'm not printing money! Think I'm going to stop with these back catalog releases any more and just pick them up when the price is right instead (which should be in a few weeks if the past is anything to go by!)

Can't see this selling out anyway.

I really want this, but I think this might be the first Zavvi preorder I'll pass on in a while. And I'll tell you the reason.

Secondly, I'm tired of being 'first in line' every time for a new release, only for it to be still in stock months later and available at a cheaper rate (be it 'flash sale' or discount coupons or whatever) Most, if not all of the Steelbooks I've purchased from them in the last six months are still available months after I'd been told they'd been 'sold out'.

Can't see this selling out anyway.

I totally agree with you on that one, it makes me sick to see steels being sold out and then magically reappeared for flash sales ... the problem is, you never know which one will be the next grail ...

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I totally agree with you on that one, it makes me sick to see steels being sold out and then magically reappeared for flash sales ... the problem is, you never know which one will be the next grail ...

Disney and Marvel Steelbooks should be 'day one' preorders just incase. After that, pretty much everything else hangs about for a long while.

yeh, it probably wouldnt sell out, but they use terms like 'ultra limited' to scare people into buying. i wasnt going to buy this, but it does make me want to just because of it being limited.

its good marketing to make somebody buy something they dont want. i still dont want it though.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
As much as I despise Mel Gibson since he became a professional American Brit Hater, Jew defiler and 'qu"*r' basher, from somewhere in his torrid mind, he conjured up a darn good film here.

Which is more than I can say for We Were Soldiers. - Peter Bradshaw summed that one up in a perfect one liner: "Even propaganda films don't have to be as dire as this" 'nuff said :)

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut