Attack on Titan: Part 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

• Hello Guest, this site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To read more about how we use them, please visit this page
  • The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect on May 25th 2018! Read more about how it impacts you

justboy

Experiment 626
Premium Supporter
Feb 21, 2013
Edinburgh - UK
Reactions
6,450 0 0
Easy pass. This is a really poor adapation filled with some awful acting.

I saw this at an film fest last year, full of fans of the anime. the audience were openly mocking & laughing at it as it was so bad.

Obi Wan Dandobi

The dude abides!
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2015
Reactions
2,863 0 0
I'm not a big anime fan and haven't watched much since being a teenager (except for Ghibli) but watched this with my daughter who's into it and really enjoyed it. Would be interested in this but nearly £50 for the set is a no go for me.

Flash

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 17, 2014
Reactions
8,224 0 0
Yes why can't just be both parts, splitting it is just a rip off :(

Raimi

Stupidity is contagious
Premium Supporter
Jun 10, 2013
Slovenia
Reactions
2,487 0 0
Mixed feelings. Loved the anime, not-so-loved the movie (not seen Pt2 yet).
Maybe after the price drop, if not sold out.

jammyone

Slurped Ninja
Premium Supporter
Mar 28, 2012
Sheffield UK
Reactions
1,361 0 0
Duration: 94mins
Damn for a minute I thought it was the anime series which is quite good and I would have grabbed it

Unfortunately it seems it's the cut down piece of rubbish that's the film :(

Jun 18, 2015
Steeltopia :D
Reactions
4,774 0 0
Awesome anime, not such a good film, terrible effects in it. I just can't enjoy things with rubbish cgi anymore! I've been spoilt by the west!! Aaahhhh!

Obi Wan Dandobi

The dude abides!
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2015
Reactions
2,863 0 0
Damn for a minute I thought it was the anime series which is quite good and I would have grabbed it

Unfortunately it seems it's the cut down piece of rubbish that's the film :(
Good spot! That's a no then. :(

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
Reactions
15,901 0 0
Mixed feelings. Loved the anime, not-so-loved the movie (not seen Pt2 yet).
Maybe after the price drop, if not sold out.
I'm an anime fan, but I havent watched the anime or the movie yet, but the steelbook looks awesome.
Please don't even waste your time. I wish I can un-see these movies.
Poor adaptation, and even worse as standalone films.

@TheCollector86 I strongly recommend watching the anime. One of the best in recent years :thumbs:

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
25,616 0 0
Interesting choice, not seen the film and although it don't look the best I'd still give them a go

But the price puts me off both so I'll wait for drops. Bound to happen

extantsrevenge

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Germany
Reactions
3,002 0 0
The original Manga is great, the Anime is great, but this live action adaptaion is just horrible. I`m a Fan of Attack on Titan but this is really bad trash :wtf: I`m happy that I know the movies already so it is very easy not to buy these Steelbooks, because it would be a real waste of money.

ChrisIW

Premium Supporter
Sep 27, 2012
UK, on a parallel Earth
Reactions
2,762 0 0
I know nothing about the anime series, but I thought the trailer for this looked epic. Is it because it doesn't stay faithful to the anime that people don't like this, or is it simply a bad film anyway?

I was expecting a cross between Pacific Rim and Final Fantasy, but perhaps I'm way off. As I say I know nothing about this series.

jammyone

Slurped Ninja
Premium Supporter
Mar 28, 2012
Sheffield UK
Reactions
1,361 0 0
I know nothing about the anime series, but I thought the trailer for this looked epic. Is it because it doesn't stay faithful to the anime that people don't like this, or is it simply a bad film anyway?

it's both of those, appalling adaptation and a crap film

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
Reactions
15,901 0 0

I was expecting a cross between Pacific Rim and Final Fantasy, but perhaps I'm way off. As I say I know nothing about this series.
Waaay off :LOL:

Give the anime a watch. It's epic. If you're not hooked by the end of episode 5, then it's not your cup of tea.