Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: August 14, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

6260224_sa.jpg;maxHeight=700;maxWidth=700

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dano
A few people have asked over the last day or two.

I'm going to try and source some but there are no guarantees.

The problem with folks waiting to ask is that it puts a lot of pressure on me to source at the last minute, and then some people will
back out and not wait for me to source and then there are extra copies that I have to return.

Sorry a bit for the rant, but it takes a lot of effort and my time to get copies when I hear people are interested just before release day. :(
Totally understand you. :thumbs: Would have been interested a lot earlier if BestBuy (or other retailers for that matter) would be better with their product descriptions like Zavvi is nowadays and give a preview of what one might be getting. The gloss finish w/ bossing makes this one a keeper. Appreciate your effort as always, Andy! :notworthy:

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
i hope so
Lately i'm happy for US as it gets better treatments than the rest of the world, A Quiet Place, Red Sparrow, The Last Jedi, Predator (3 movies) just to name a few...
Which never used to be the case in general, the US used to get the worse finishes back in the day, oh how the tides have changed.

Do you reckon Trump had something to do with it?! :LOL::spoil:

• Haha
Reactions: goufcustom
A few people have asked over the last day or two.

I'm going to try and source some but there are no guarantees.

The problem with folks waiting to ask is that it puts a lot of pressure on me to source at the last minute, and then some people will
back out and not wait for me to source and then there are extra copies that I have to return.

Sorry a bit for the rant, but it takes a lot of effort and my time to get copies when I hear people are interested just before release day. :(

Everything is fine. There should be no pressure. If there is GB fine, if not fine too ;). The work you do and of course the other GB hosts is greatly appreciated. So, sorry for the easiest way to shoot a pm at you :notworthy::)...

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
Wait... so all three Avenger steelbooks from Best Buy does not have the bossing like Zavvi does?

I don't get why this occurs. It's like when BB releases sometimes have titles and Zavvi's doesn't. What a shame if that's the case.

Everything is fine. There should be no pressure. If there is GB fine, if not fine too ;). The work you do and of course the other GB hosts is greatly appreciated. So, sorry for the easiest way to shoot a pm at you :notworthy::)...
LOL....me too!

No pressure Andy.

From my side I can say I’m mostly interested in the BestBuy and Target releases. I don’t do Zavvi anymore. Way too expensive.

@apsmith21 : Would a pre-order button with upfront payment be an idea?

LOL....me too!

No pressure Andy.

From my side I can say I’m mostly interested in the BestBuy and Target releases. I don’t do Zavvi anymore. Way too expensive.

@apsmith21 : Would a pre-order button with upfront payment be an idea?

It's not a bad idea, the issue being that let's say I take 5 orders, and find 2 copies at my local store, then there's a problem.

Also Best Buy has an order limit - x copies per order. And if you do too many orders in a row, you hit their fraud protection - they automatically cancel that order, and any order that follows up to 48 hours after.

So it's in my best interest to know the copies ahead of time, plan my orders in advance to not hit the fraud protection and grab extras in case of damages.

Like with the A Quiet Place edition? I have ordered over 34 copies and I'm returning 14 that have spine slashes under the shrink wrap.

If you guys are paying retail, and then shipping, I want to make sure you get a good copy (or close to it) as I can get.

Otherwise, I could send them on as received but then no one would order because you aren't getting the product you expect for the price you are paying.

Most stores don't carry this type of inventory so there is no opportunity to inspect first hand, and to be frank I doubt they would let you walk out of the store with 20+ copies of something, even if they had it.

Best Buy is not really setup for this kind of purchasing - and to be honest when they see me coming with a box of returns there's often a game of "not it" that happens when I get to customer service. :rolleyes:

It's not a bad idea, the issue being that let's say I take 5 orders, and find 2 copies at my local store, then there's a problem.

Also Best Buy has an order limit - x copies per order. And if you do too many orders in a row, you hit their fraud protection - they automatically cancel that order, and any order that follows up to 48 hours after.

So it's in my best interest to know the copies ahead of time, plan my orders in advance to not hit the fraud protection and grab extras in case of damages.

Like with the A Quiet Place edition? I have ordered over 34 copies and I'm returning 14 that have spine slashes under the shrink wrap.

If you guys are paying retail, and then shipping, I want to make sure you get a good copy (or close to it) as I can get.

Otherwise, I could send them on as received but then no one would order because you aren't getting the product you expect for the price you are paying.

Most stores don't carry this type of inventory so there is no opportunity to inspect first hand, and to be frank I doubt they would let you walk out of the store with 20+ copies of something, even if they had it.

Best Buy is not really setup for this kind of purchasing - and to be honest when they see me coming with a box of returns there's often a game of "not it" that happens when I get to customer service. :rolleyes:
Thanks for explaining. Did not know about all those limitations.

I think we should even more appreciate the work you do. And not to forget the other GB hosts as well!

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Thanks a lot Apsmith21. Hope there will be some left on Aug 20 when I get paid.

Usually Best Buy will release them to be ordered online after the day they are out (or the week). However, I have no guarantee of that.

If they do I'll try and order more but these copies I just listed come from the store and they don't have any left after this order.