Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 30, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £34.99
Note: 2 films, 4 discs (including 3D versions) - Limited to 4000

11189459-1684337864226639.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see this double feature steelbook making sense for the next two planned avengers films, since they are parts 1 & 2 of the same story.

Oh god... didn't even think about that yet, but it makes sense yeah...
I'm going to loose so much money... poor wallet..:cry::cry::cry: :LOL:

I expected germany to do a release like this, but Zavvi?! o_O

I expected germany to do a release like this, but Zavvi?! o_O

I don't know why anyone's complaining, it's not like they have to buy it.

Too many people seem to blame retailers for making them part with their money, from steelbooks to figure variants. No one's coming round to our houses and extorting money out of us.

Disney is the absolute king of repackaging their movies. Disney Blu-rays with no number on the spine, then a yellow oval number, then a white number, and villain slips, hero slips, complete set of matching slips, steelbooks and so on. If I was Zavvi (or any retailer) I'd want in on that action, wouldn't you? It's a licence to print money. Oh look, the Pixar titles are getting numbers on the spine too, go figure!

Germany did an iron Man steelbook, an Iron Man 2 steelbook, an Iron Man 1 & 2 steelbook (and that wasn't even Disney). Marvel titles are a cash-cow, whether they're MCU movies or not. That's why (in the UK alone - excluding the MCU), we have The Punisher (1989), The Punisher (2004), Daredevil, Elektra, Fantastic Four (2005), Lionsgate's animated series, the Spider-Man trilogy, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, all the X-Men movies and Hulk with many more announced already.

The MCU itself has had so many steelbooks released worldwide it's crazy. Ultimately I buy one steelbook for each film, I don't care how many variations of Iron Man, Thor or The Avengers there are, there can be 100 for all the difference it makes. But each to their own.

I don't know why anyone's complaining, it's not like they have to buy it.

Too many people seem to blame retailers for making them part with their money, from steelbooks to figure variants. No one's coming round to our houses and extorting money out of us.

Disney is the absolute king of repackaging their movies. Disney Blu-rays with no number on the spine, then a yellow oval number, then a white number, and villain slips, hero slips, complete set of matching slips, steelbooks and so on. If I was Zavvi (or any retailer) I'd want in on that action, wouldn't you? It's a licence to print money. Oh look, the Pixar titles are getting numbers on the spine too, go figure!

Germany did an iron Man steelbook, an Iron Man 2 steelbook, an Iron Man 1 & 2 steelbook (and that wasn't even Disney). Marvel titles are a cash-cow, whether they're MCU movies or not. That's why (in the UK alone - excluding the MCU), we have The Punisher (1989), The Punisher (2004), Daredevil, Elektra, Fantastic Four (2005), Lionsgate's animated series, the Spider-Man trilogy, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, all the X-Men movies and Hulk with many more announced already.

The MCU itself has had so many steelbooks released worldwide it's crazy. Ultimately I buy one steelbook for each film, I don't care how many variations of Iron Man, Thor or The Avengers there are, there can be 100 for all the difference it makes. But each to their own.

No offense towards you, but where can you see a complaint in my post - and especially in the sentence you've quoted?! o_O
I was just wondering that Zavvi is going to release this, as i've only seen the german Iron Man 1 & 2 steelbook as a combo-steel for the MCU so far,
so i expected germany to get an Avengers 1 & 2 steel, not Zavvi. ;)

Plus, you haven't checked my Marvel-collections yet, have you (sorry for the advertisement lol)?
I'm the least person that would complain about a new Marvel steelbook! :D

I'm more or less the personification of what you just posted.. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: justboy
No offense towards you, but where can you see a complaint in my post - and especially in the sentence you've quoted?! o_O
I was just wondering that Zavvi is going to release this, as i've only seen the german Iron Man 1 & 2 steelbook as a combo-steel for the MCU so far,
so i expected germany to get an Avengers 1 & 2 steel, not Zavvi. ;)

Plus, you haven't checked my Marvel-collections (Avengers, Thor, Cap, Iron Man & Hulk) yet, have you (sorry for the advertisement lol)?
I'm the least person that would complain about a new Marvel steelbook! :D

I'm more or less the personification of what you just posted.. :LOL:

I just quoted the Germany bit as i mentioned it too.

I certainly wasn't aiming my post at you, that's why i said 'I don't know why anyone's complaining', not 'why are you complaining'. my apologies if I inferred otherwise.

I just quoted the Germany bit as i mentioned it too.

I certainly wasn't aiming my post at you, that's why i said 'I don't know why anyone's complaining', not 'why are you complaining'. my apologies if I inferred otherwise.

No worries, i probably understood your post incorrectly.. :confused:

Basically you're right - it's everybody's own decision how they spend their money. :thumbs:
Maybe it's just because some people wish they would focus on other movies instead of constantly blowing out MCU movies (or Marvel movies in general)?

However, as long as there are people to buy the (re-)releases, the retailers will keep on like this... :bag:

Interesting! I doubt I'll get this, as I like to have separate steels for films... but I look forward to seeing how it turns out. :)