Release date: October 5th, 2015
Purchase link: Back to the Future
Price: £14.99
Note: Limited to 3,000 copies

Part of the Back to the Future Trilogy set:
Part I | Part II | Part III

11151007-1194311460920693.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So disappointed in the designs on these; What the hell was the reasoning in the over-use of silver on the front, and who in the right mind thought that including it was a good idea??
Intrigued to see the back/inside art, but think i'll skip on these...

So disappointed in the designs on these; What the hell was the reasoning in the over-use of silver on the front, and who in the right mind thought that including it was a good idea??
They look awful IMO and the trilogy is as bad, really lazy designs

Reactions: Andycadle84

I guess this could be the answer...

From Wikipedia:
The car features gull-wing doors and an innovative fiberglass chassis and underbody structure, along with a brushed stainless steel body. The car became widely known and iconic for its appearance as a modified time machine in the Back to the Future film trilogy.

• Informative
They look awful IMO and the trilogy is as bad, really lazy designs
It's such a shame- Why couldn't they leave the front artwork alone?? They're such iconic images as they are, and then some idiot feels the need to redesign the look by shrinking the image by 50% to fit in needless silver borders to the left and right of the image.
If they HAD to incorporate a border onto the steelbook, at least make it more subtle than what it is...

We had perfect designs on the Indiana Jones trilogy, but feel they've well and truly bodged this one up...

Was hoping to purchase these to replace the Collectors tin but theres no way these are in the same league as this

Attachments

• b2tf.jpg
    b2tf.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Really disappointed in these, after universals great work with King Kong fast and furious and Jurassic park sets was confident these would be great! Big bit of silver either side of the artwork have ruined these!

I like the design's, ive ordered all for the time being, if they pop up on amazon.de cheaper and with english titles i will cancel like i did with the Jurassic parks.

It's such a shame- Why couldn't they leave the front artwork alone?? They're such iconic images as they are, and then some idiot feels the need to redesign the look by shrinking the image by 50% to fit in needless silver borders to the left and right of the image.
If they HAD to incorporate a border onto the steelbook, at least make it more subtle than what it is...

We had perfect designs on the Indiana Jones trilogy, but feel they've well and truly bodged this one up...
Yep they did, I'm not a big fan of the series so wouldn't of got them anyway but its a shame for ppl who were looking forward to them, but I'm sure most will buy them anyway

Yep they did, I'm not a big fan of the series so wouldn't of got them anyway but its a shame for ppl who were looking forward to them, but I'm sure most will buy them anyway
I love the films, but seriously disappointed that they've authorised this artwork- Would still like to know the reasoning behind it, because the silver borders really don't add a damn thing to the design (quite the opposite)

Reactions: Scarface
It could have been worse, it could've been like Amazing spiderman 2 with a tiny picture inside a border thats also inside a border.

It could have been worse, it could've been like Amazing spiderman 2 with a tiny picture inside a border thats also inside a border.
Very true, yes. Think the main gripe people have on this is the fact the original artwork is so perfect and iconic as it is, but somebody somewhere thought they could tamper with it and make it better by including the large sections of silver on the steelbook.

As a comparison, you wouldn't want to buy a reprint of say the Mona Lisa and have a huge silver border to the left and the right of the image...

Very true, yes. Think the main gripe people have on this is the fact the original artwork is so perfect and iconic as it is, but somebody somewhere thought they could tamper with it and make it better by including the large sections of silver on the steelbook.

As a comparison, you wouldn't want to buy a reprint of say the Mona Lisa and have a huge silver border to the left and the right of the image...

I wouldn't want to buy a reprint of say the Mona Lisa.

Reactions: snooloui