Amazon JP Buy Link
YesAsia Buy Link
Notes: Region-free, inside art

81Nd1DiHA7L__AA1500_.jpg

Actual pics thanks to prodigy1985:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
So how is he producing a fake steelbook then?

Passing the Canadian one off as German with a home made j-card?

Take Steelbook, buy German Amaray.
Cut the back part of the Amaray Inlay. Put it on/ glue it to back of the Steelbook.
Take a thin J-Card from another German Steelbook, cut the back of it and stick the front on the Steelbook.
Reseal.
Profit?

I mean it does take some time, but then again, if you have nothing to do and want to create a rare release.

Take Steelbook, buy German Amaray.
Cut the back part of the Amaray Inlay. Put it on/ glue it to back of the Steelbook.
Take a thin J-Card from another German Steelbook, cut the back of it and stick the front on the Steelbook.
Reseal.
Profit?

I mean it does take some time, but then again, if you have nothing to do and want to create a rare release.
Yes, I get all that.
But what steelbook is he using if there is no German release? The Canadian one would have Alliance written on it which would be a dead give away.

That's not the Japanese one though as his arm is more cropped in the fake one. The Japanese one it isn't. The cover is framed differently. I have it here in front of me. Which would suggest it could be the Canadian one....
Ah right. Since I do not own neither, I haven't really looked at the front to see the difference.
Canadian would also make more sense, since those are and were way cheaper to get.

The Canadian one would have Alliance written on it which would be a dead give away.

Im pretty sure, no one would actually question this, because most people in Germany are fine with any version as long as the discs turn out to be playable in german.

Ah right. Since I do not own neither, I haven't really looked at the front to see the difference.
Canadian would also make more sense, since those are and were way cheaper to get.
Im pretty sure, no one would actually question this, because most people in Germany are fine with any version as long as the discs turn out to be playable in german.

Well, if that "forger" guy would sell it as "Canadian Steelbook with German disc in it" for 20€ or so, nobody would complain, but he charges 70€ or so and claims it is a super-rare original and even the most Blade-Steelbook-needy German collector would feel very much ripped off if they ever fell for that scam!

[
Well, if that "forger" guy would sell it as "Canadian Steelbook with German disc in it" for 20€ or so, nobody would complain, but he charges 70€ or so and claims it is a super-rare original and even the most Blade-Steelbook-needy German collector would feel very much ripped off if they ever fell for that scam!

Talking about the casual buyers not hardcore Steelbook collectors. Im pretty sure those think: "Steelbook, German backpaper, German Disc, Nice to have"

To be honest though if the actual studios can't be bothered to release a proper steelbook with all the bells and whistles can you blame people making fan made versions to satisfy their needs.

The real problem is that he is charging more than you're willing to pay that is why you are annoyed and flaming him.

[

Talking about the casual buyers not hardcore Steelbook collectors. Im pretty sure those think: "Steelbook, German backpaper, German Disc, Nice to have"

It was never available to the casual buyer, it was never offered to a casual buyer. It was offered to collectors only for A LOT OF MONEY with the intention to scam them. Huge difference...

To be honest though if the actual studios can't be bothered to release a proper steelbook with all the bells and whistles can you blame people making fan made versions to satisfy their needs.
Counterfeit products are Ok if real ones aren't available?

I dont't think that the distributor or licensor would view something like this as a "fan version" ;) Looks like a straightforward fraud with monetary gain in mind to me.

Counterfeit products are Ok if real ones aren't available?

I dont't think that the distributor or licensor would view something like this as a "fan version" ;) Looks like a straightforward fraud with monetary gain in mind to me.

He's an idiot for bullshitting. But if he outright said it's a mix and match of various genuine editions then what has he actually counterfeited. It's no different than me selling a premium steelbook with a lenti slip or booklet from another edition.