Breaking Bad Limited SteelBook Art Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Media Markt Exclusive) [Germany]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 20th, 2014
Purchase links: Breaking Bad Limited Steelbook Art Collection
Price: €129.00
Group Buy: Masterblaster

Individual purchase links:
The Complete First Second
The Complete Second Season
The Complete Third Season
The Complete Fourth Season
The Complete Fifth Season
The Final Season

Breaking Bad Steelbook 3.jpg

Last edited:
I'm often 50/50 when it comes to Steadman's work... some I like, some I don't. I'm on the fence with these at the moment... wasn't a fan at first, but I think they're growing on me now. The price will probably decide for me in the end.

Exactly, making them. Which is why a lot of the artwork for Breaking Bad will focus on the blue meth itself and the physical act of making the stuff - not the act of taking it. Making drugged up artwork like this, if that's what it's supposed to be, makes no sense to me.

It's just an artist's interpretation. Doesn't mean the show is all about drugs.

Nope. The show is about one man's pride and ego, and how it affected the people around him. It just happened to involve one form of organised crime - drugs.
Steadman's artwork is unique, but it has nothing to do with the value's expressed in BB (at least imo). And no post thus far has justified the connection.

Rover

See above reply.

Reactions: Skog
I was hoping for something a lot more suited to my taste when I saw the title to this thread, something along the fan mockup digipack. This is not for me.

I feel like the Jesse one he just sketched in five minutes and called it a day. The rest display his talent in some way (it seems limited but I don't know much of his work besides Fear and Loathing).

they look even worse close up.

Buh bye.

I feel like the Jesse one he just sketched in five minutes and called it a day. The rest display his talent in some way (it seems limited but I don't know much of his work besides Fear and Loathing).

I see where you're coming from but the thing with art is you draw inspiration from the source material...
Maybe as an older person he can find more to work with when it comes to the other older actors and can relate to them in certain ways. Jesse (Aaron) is fresh faced and good looking which doesn't suit his ugly and wild style; where as the others have rugged, sometimes darkly-comic faces.
He can only draw them as he sees them, that's like the foundation for art as a whole.