[CANCELED] Blade Runner 2049 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.?) [Hong Kong]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchamp444

Dark Knight Blufans GB Survivor
Premium Supporter
Jul 7, 2016
Canada
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

br2049.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

I mean, there's lots of possibilities, since every frame of the film is stunning...

Oh I like the first and last ones very much! So clean. Reminds me of the Japanese Steelbook but with much less uglier layouts.

Going to be very hard to top what Film Arena did with theirs and that's pretty much perfection when it comes to this film

I have the FilmArena Steelbook and it's a bit too bland for my taste and the actors look a little green and sick. And the metallic effects are underwhelming but that's all just my personal taste. I want something with the fire and ice theatrical poster as I posted above, and hope it happens eventually.

I would like it much better if they would only announce releases that have already been approved rather than a laundry list of the ones they hope to get approved. The same way so many FAC threads are now redundant due to the fact that they took on too much. These threads IMO offer a hope that may never come to be.

Indeed, all these projects that have been announced for ages and what's their next release? Inglourious Basterds, one they have never even mentioned before

Reactions: frankfish44
I have the FilmArena Steelbook and it's a bit too bland for my taste and the actors look a little green and sick. And the metallic effects are underwhelming but that's all just my personal taste. I want something with the fire and ice theatrical poster as I posted above, and hope it happens eventually.

• Thanks
Reactions: Brett_S and harry
i skipped film arena because I just wasn’t a fan. I faith in this

Would love love a Matt Ferguson illustrated full slip for this

• Thanks
Reactions: rj531 and ethnosax
I was expecting the FAC steel to be awesome—and it's good, but I agree with others here that the color balance is a little off (I'm comparing it side-by-side right now with the CD digipack, which is the same picture and looks much better), and the embossing/debossing (even though it's exactly what I voted for) isn't quite as amazing as I'd expected. So there's still some room for a good steel. :)

The purple artwork (Noodles's first concept) was rejected by the studio for the UHD Club release, so I assume that one is out. If Manta is allowed to ditch the official poster art (most of which has already been used anyway) and use original art by Ferguson or others, it could be a very stylish release. Whatever the case, they're so late to the game, it's going to be tough. I agree with other comments here about the long wait between announcement and release: just tell me what you've got when it's approved and produced. Show me live shots, then open the preorders/GBs. I don't need to know all the little ups and downs along the way, for months and months.

Reactions: Vangeli
Whatever the arrangement of those poses, I just can't get over the mismatch between Ford's head and body. Really weird Photoshopping job. This movie deserved better than a floating-heads Photoshop collage poster.

Indeed, all these projects that have been announced for ages and what's their next release? Inglourious Basterds, one they have never even mentioned before
I'm actually a fan of manta. But I prefer the Korean retailers approach of only announcing releases that are firm and well past the approval process. So many have as they say been forgotten. Fantastic Beasts was announced May last yr. No progress since then. And so many more are in the same boat. I have to wonder how many of these announced projects will end up like Edge of Tomorrow. Cancelled in the end :(

I'm actually a fan of manta. But I prefer the Korean retailers approach of only announcing releases that are firm and well past the approval process. So many have as they say been forgotten. Fantastic Beasts was announced May last yr. No progress since then. And so many more are in the same boat. I have to wonder how many of these announced projects will end up like Edge of Tomorrow. Cancelled in the end :(
If it wasn't for the thread title one might think you are talking about Filmarena! At least Manta cancels projects once they are certain it won't happen. I do get your point, though. But I like the anticipation of certain announcements. If they announce a new release and it will be released next week, then some of this magic fades.

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Everybody seems to have creative differences with the studio on this one. Hopefully Manta can pull it off. Dying to get a premium since I missed both FAC and HDZ silver.

I’m dying for a slip and SteelBook that looks great; everything before just doesn’t do it for me.

Reactions: Shark
Everybody seems to have creative differences with the studio on this one. Hopefully Manta can pull it off. Dying to get a premium since I missed both FAC and HDZ silver.
The studio has had a very strange taste in terms of promo artwork for this film anyway....every frame of this film is gorgeous and potentially usable as a poster/artwork and for some reason they still decided to make this very modern/neon-style promo campaign that in itself doesn't have blade runner vibes at all.

Imagine the promo camaign would have been like this:

Attachments

• Blade-Runner-2049-animated-version.gif
    Blade-Runner-2049-animated-version.gif
    634.6 KB · Views: 297
  • Thanks
Reactions: Nathan Bateman
I’m dying for a slip and SteelBook that looks great; everything before just doesn’t do it for me.

You didn't like the FAC WEA and full slips? I think they are amazing and will be hard to beat design wise. Manta could win the design war if they use the art from the FAC Maniac's box (front and back) for their WEA steelbook. That would be quite nice.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
You didn't like the FAC WEA and full slips? I think they are amazing and will be hard to beat design wise. Manta could win the design war if they use the art from the FAC Maniac's box (front and back) for their WEA steelbook. That would be quite nice.

I have it. Meh. Faces on the SteelBook are green; they look sickly, and the wraparound design is interesting but orange-on-orange logos are meh. Disappointing metallic effect too. Slips are fine altogether but I don’t like the backs or the double lenti at all. Maniacs box is weird, FilmArena has my least favorite OCs tbh. A bunch of missed opportunities. HDZeta slips are fine but a little basic and lower quality compared to some of their more recent releases like Tomb Raider.

I have some ideas and may mock them up later.

• Thanks
Reactions: MM3
Status
Not open for further replies.