Captain America: Civil War (Lenticular) (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 16, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: Embossing/debossing on front and back

11557669-1074518005203329.jpg

11557669-7214518005474730.jpg
11557669-1644518005676315.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys have crying towels at the ready with the delivery of every steelbook?

Or have you learned to live with disappointment with 9 out of every 10 steelbook releases?

. . . or consider what else you could buy for 23 quid that'll last as long and which will appreciate in value. Maybe a decent bottle of vino - which you may be temped to drink - but more seriously you could invest in an FTSE 100 Tracker and if you could increase the 23 quid a month to say 100 quid you could be looking at 150,000 quid after 40 years (lol).
Heck, if I consider how much I've spent on Amarays and steelbooks over the past ten years . . .

. . . and, anyway, If the first Zavvi CAPTAIN AMERICA lenti steelbook (from Nov. 2015) with the badly sized lenti can make over 55 quid on the secondary market nowadays and that's without the cool 'bossing of the artwork . . .

Last edited:
Nothing for me today with and Dr Strange. Not in a rush to get them but that's like my last 4 zavvi pre orders that haven't arrived on release date. Hmv has been the same recently as well. Don't understand why they're not delivered on the release date. Anyhoo some of these pictures look really good, does look like it needs a bit of gloss but sure it'll grow on everyone.

Nothing for me today with and Dr Strange. Not in a rush to get them but that's like my last 4 zavvi pre orders that haven't arrived on release date. Hmv has been the same recently as well. Don't understand why they're not delivered on the release date. Anyhoo some of these pictures look really good, does look like it needs a bit of gloss but sure it'll grow on everyone.

Haven't you heard? Without full gloss, it'll grow on them alright. Like a fungus.

Artwork wise this is the best release so far, but yeah it would of looked better gloss, however I still like it. I wish they would put some art on the discs though!

Well got this and Dr strange thought this look a bit bent and opened to see this
20171016_221018.jpg

Luckily still in stock so hopefully get replacement will check dr strange just to make sure that's not damaged glad I looked at it properly and not just quick glance and put on to pile to sort out/watch 3rd return to zavvi in last Couple of weeks from damage

Well got this and Dr strange thought this look a bit bent and opened to see thisView attachment 339425
Luckily still in stock so hopefully get replacement will check dr strange just to make sure that's not damaged glad I looked at it properly and not just quick glance and put on to pile to sort out/watch 3rd return to zavvi in last Couple of weeks from damage

Looks quite good and much better than Doctor .Strange but once again why can't these gloss this is beyond me.

Well first, I don't think any amount of glossing would have helped with that damage. And second, if this is much better than Doctor Strange then my God I'd really hate to see Ted's copy of that!!!:wow:

I'm guessing that didn't come from Guernsey.

Well first, I don't think any amount of glossing would have helped with that damage. And second, if this is much better than Doctor Strange then my God I'd really hate to see Ted's copy of that!!!:wow:

I'm guessing that didn't come from Guernsey.

What's gloss got to do with a item getting damaged

This is better than Dr.Strange zavvi steelbook but again miss opportunity. They should had made it gloss and with that artwork it would look so awesome. Oh well, can not wait to see Kimchi WEA version.

Reactions: lgans316
Does anybody know anybody who does custom slipcovers for Zavvi Marvel steels? Both the first and second (lenti) waves?
I want quality of course, not something knocked up quick in some horrid cardboard to make a few quid.

There was never a chance with Disney that this and Strange would be glossed. Whoever expected that was playing themselves. There's not that many gloss steels with a lenti magnet (especially with embossing) because the magnet usually scratches the finish. It's not worth the hassle for a studios to deal with the fallout.

I lot of people complaining about the lack of gloss. I agree it would have been better to have gloss over the lenti but all I've done with all mine is put them all in plastic sleeves so no matter what the finish, they all appear glossed when on display. I don't always like to pay the cost of a premium release but for these I think they'll do nicely. I got rid of the lenti off the ones that had them though as I'm not a big fan of them and prefer without. In my opinion they are better than the standard WWA so I'm happy! Here's my MCU collection (all in plastic sleeves)
IMG_20171017_101649087.jpg
IMG_20171017_102924165.jpg