Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date:[/B] September 9, 2014
Purchase link: Here for REGULAR or BILINGUAL editions
Price: 29.99$+tx (has been 26.99$)
Units: 6630 Reg, 1170 Bilingual J card. Total 7800 units
Group Buy: Drum18 & biscuitnoir
Finish: Matte
Notes: Title is Debossed
BLUE STAMP CAN BE REMOVED WITH RUBBING
ALCOHOL

catws_sb34-jpg.71659
back-of-steelbook-jpg.83749

steelbook-inside-art-jpg.73466

catws_sbfront-jpg.71658

M2206813.jpg back of steelbook.jpg

Scanavo video preview

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!
Canada will be the same art as USA.
USA thread : here

Last edited by a moderator:
@zerox39 would it be possible that they print less of the bilingual copies since only quebec is the french province and they need a higher print english for rest of Canada ? Plus, personally I don't like the bilingual copies, it's the same steelbook but I find it makes the j-card messy having everything(the same thing) written twice making everything smaller for all the content to fit...I would compare it to a teenager's bedroom = it's a mess lol you can't read anything it's so small

Reactions: nexor
Thanks @zerox39 my order wasn't shipped either which is unusual since I ordered early
Thanks for the heads up, Xerox! Glad that I ordered the bilingual edition with the new numbers. Charged Friday, but still not shipped.
I'm personally in the same boat. My order team is shipping as fast as they can, the overall communication I'm receiving is that the items have been physically shipped, but because of Destiny and NHL they haven't marked them as shipped in the system yet.

@zerox39 would it be possible that they print less of the bilingual copies since only quebec is the french province and they need a higher print english for rest of Canada ? Plus, personally I don't like the bilingual copies, it's the same steelbook but I find it makes the j-card messy having everything(the same thing) written twice making everything smaller for all the content to fit...I would compare it to a teenager's bedroom = it's a mess lol you can't read anything it's so small

That split is about right for the business in the different regions. The challenge is that if we have too few biling then Quebec runs out before everyone else

Sorry to read that you don't like it, but unfortunately, we have the 101 Law here and trust me, this law is pretty strong! This (insert your favorite term) law is denying people like me who lives in Québec that speak French BUT commonly speak English to participate in big awesome contest!

I'm second guessing my purchase, the Taiwan one is so exquisite and so many other steel releases to consider(including the Amarays with Nice Slips or great movie wanting to own even though not steel...so many great movies brand new being released that are not getting a steel makeover but worth owning)...

Sorry to read that you don't like it, but unfortunately, we have the 101 Law here and trust me, this law is pretty strong! This (insert your favorite term) law is denying people like me who lives in Québec that speak French BUT commonly speak English to participate in big awesome contest!

Hahaha we deserve that shot :p

shipped this afternoon...will see if I keep one of my order... since Taiwan was so stunning have a difficult time with other releases to keep my interest.

@zerox39 I find the Print Run too high for those marvel releases, they should do like entertainment store in the UK and limit to 4000

shipped this afternoon...will see if I keep one of my order... since Taiwan was so stunning have a difficult time with other releases to keep my interest.

@zerox39 I find the Print Run too high for those marvel releases, they should do like entertainment store in the UK and limit to 4000
There is not really incentive to do so. Canada and the US are a much larger market than the UK. These are going to sell out at the current production rate and since Futureshop and Best Buy are in the business of making money this practice only makes logical since. I am grateful that they offer such great collectible Steelbooks but as a business you can only meet the collector so far before common sense business practices take over. I don't mean to be critical of your opinion, just stating the facts.

There is not really incentive to do so. Canada and the US are a much larger market than the UK. These are going to sell out at the current production rate and since Futureshop and Best Buy are in the business of making money this practice only makes logical since. I am grateful that they offer such great collectible Steelbooks but as a business you can only meet the collector so far before common sense business practices take over. I don't mean to be critical of your opinion, just stating the facts.
I agree with both of you. We need to hit larger numbers but want to keep the collectors happy. I've been working on something for this. Hopefully we will see it soon

Reactions: Drum18 and jcm
And for Thor 2, print run was wayyyy too low... Sold out after one day.

Now with a print run larger that will satisfy a LOT more new steelbook collector (Captain2 was a much bigger box office hit than Thor2), and also consider we've got EXCLUSIVE steelbook with UNIQUE cover, I'm 100% satisfied! :)

@zerox39 and Future Shop, bring us some exciting GOTG unique steelbook!!!

And for Thor 2, print run was wayyyy too low... Sold out after one day.

Now with a print run larger that will satisfy a LOT more new steelbook collector (Captain2 was a much bigger box office hit than Thor2), and also consider we've got EXCLUSIVE steelbook with UNIQUE cover, I'm 100% satisfied! :)

@zerox39 and Future Shop, bring us some exciting GOTG unique steelbook!!!

with all due respect, I don't think it was too low, most people bought 5 to 10 copies and tried reselling them. this is the reason why there was countless Thor 2 FS on Ebay. ... i think it's better to be a bit more conservative and making it more exclusive. Personally as a collector I don't mind a higher print run in the likes of 4000 I believe it does give everybody a chance to get one, but at least they would sell out for the right reason... I like Es' Strategy, they don't aim too high. I love FS shop releases but I think with such high numbers it doesn't become a collectible...maybe to the buyer but not in term of collectivity. But again it is my personal opinion, I like a lower print run release, I just feel it has a more unique and special aspect to the steel.

Also, lots of people who buy steelbooks in stores have no idea about the aspect of collecting steelbooks, I bought steelbooks here and there from FS 2 year before I started collecting and I just bought them because they were pretty. Lost of people must do so to this day.

with all due respect, I don't think it was too low, most people bought 5 to 10 copies and tried reselling them. this is the reason why there was countless Thor 2 FS on Ebay. ... i think it's better to be a bit more conservative and making it more exclusive. Personally as a collector I don't mind a higher print run in the likes of 4000 I believe it does give everybody a chance to get one, but at least they would sell out for the right reason... I like Es' Strategy, they don't aim too high. I love FS shop releases but I think with such high numbers it doesn't become a collectible...maybe to the buyer but not in term of collectivity. But again it is my personal opinion, I like a lower print run release, I just feel it has a more unique and special aspect to the steel.
Yeah, agreed 4000 would maybe have been a better number. Agree with you.

4000 = approx 1000 online and 30-35 per store which is more than enought IMO.

Yeah, agreed 4000 would maybe have been a better number. Agree with you.

4000 = approx 1000 online and 30-35 per store which is more than enought IMO.

I agree with your thinking, 4000 in Canada is enough to fulfil the needs of Canadian collectors and some international buyers.
Also, a comment I hear often on this message board, lost of international collectors buy the FS steelbook to open as most of them are matte... and they keep the other country steels sealed as most are glossy(they prefer to keep the glossy ones sealed)... it give the impression in the collector community that it is a lower value steelbook and if there is one to open it is this one. buy lowering the print run, we also would rise it's value to other collectors as it would be more limited.

That's a poor example. Whether or not a collector opens a copy makes no difference to retailers like Future Shop. They have made the sale either way.

Also, the secondary market does not affect the bottom line for Future Shop in any way, just because it gives the illusion of 'collectibility' to some. I think you are collecting for the wrong reasons.