Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 3rd, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.jp
HMV.co.jp

51+XNnVOXKL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought Kimchis at 250$ and Thor and CA Japan at 100$(which felt ripped off because of the lack of quality...I didn't regret paying 250 for a Kimchi /// Thor 2 Japan = the Steel and MovieNex japan is just a rip off, no quality or thought put into it, it's just a poor version of so many better ones out there...if I'd pay 30$ I'd say ok that is what I feel is worth it, but at 100$ no way it ain't worth dat)

I totally agree!! :thumbs:

Reactions: Actarus
Wats up my :ninja: ?

Im not even considering buying this release, it brings nothing new to the table. What's with these cheap standard plastic cases? I better come with a bone disc!
-------
Damn, $250 for the Thor 2 Kimchi? Is there a particular reason it was priced so high, like a really low number card perhaps? I wonder, do you have a regular seller that you buy from mostly, or do you buy from random sellers?

The most Ive ever paid for one steel was $225, but that was before I found HDN. I wouldn't pay that much now. I picked up two Thor 2 lentis, paid $115 for one, and $185 for The other. $250 seems high, even for me lol

Some people just got the dough!! :D

Reactions: blurayhunter
Can someone tell me what's a movie nex and what's so special about this release? I'm quite lost… :/ Thanks:)

It a new way of packaging in japan it seems and it ruins the steelbook release. the Way they had packaged Thor, which should be the same, is that they put the DVD and blu-ray in an Amaray case calling it MovieNex and they take the steelbook and only include the 3D, the put the Amaray plastic case and put it in front of the steelbook and they shrink wrap it together, so once it is shrink wrapped you can no longer see the front of steelbook anymore. They include a paper on the back(NOT EVEN A J-CARD) and it feels very cheap the way they do it, Thor cost me about 100 which should be same price on CA. There's not much special about it other than a waste of money. it didn't even feel like a 30$ product. Once you order a MovieNex with Steel it will probably be your last purchase. I am so passing on this CA MovieNex release, returned the other one and got my money back. they use same world wide steel.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: themovielover926
It a new way of packaging in japan it seems and it ruins the steelbook release. the Way they had packaged Thor, which should be the same, is that they put the DVD and blu-ray in an Amaray case calling it MovieNex and they take the steelbook and only include the 3D, the put the Amaray plastic case and put it in front of the steelbook and they shrink wrap it together, so once it is shrink wrapped you can no longer see the front of steelbook anymore. They include a paper on the back(NOT EVEN A J-CARD) and it feels very cheap the way they do it, Thor cost me about 100 which should be same price on CA. There's not much special about it other than a waste of money. it didn't even feel like a 30$ product. Once you order a MovieNex with Steel it will probably be your last purchase. I am so passing on this CA MovieNex release, returned the other one and got my money back. they use same world wide steel.

I see… I thought it was a good thing, considering the price is sooo high. Thanks for the explanation:)

I see… I thought it was a good thing, considering the price is sooo high. Thanks for the explanation:)

if you read the Thor Japan Thread on this type of release (Thor was the first MovieNex/Steel release, CA is the 2nd MovieNex/Steel release) you will see at how people were unhappy and upset in regards to the quality. those steelbooks/MovieNex they are a rip off in terms of quality, not what to expext of a Japan release.

If you want a nice asian Release I suggest you purchase the Taiwan Version, Steelbook comes with a beautiful 1/4 slip all written in Hokkien taiwanese or Chinese and it is a true beauty. it has a heavy feel to it, nice think shrink wrap, quality all the way. you should check out jsdvd

[PreOrder 08/13] Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 3D+2D Steelbook Edition (DTS-HD)(2Disc)(Blu-ray)

http://dvd.jsdvd.com/product_info.php?cPath=124_268&products_id=31284

• Helpful Post
Reactions: themovielover926
if you read the Thor Japan Thread on this type of release (Thor was the first MovieNex/Steel release, CA is the 2nd MovieNex/Steel release) you will see at how people were unhappy and upset in regards to the quality. those steelbooks/MovieNex they are a rip off in terms of quality, not what to expext of a Japan release.

If you want a nice asian Release I suggest you purchase the Taiwan Version, Steelbook comes with a beautiful 1/4 slip all written in Hokkien taiwanese or Chinese and it is a true beauty. it has a heavy feel to it, nice think shrink wrap, quality all the way. you should check out jsdvd

[PreOrder 08/13] Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 3D+2D Steelbook Edition (DTS-HD)(2Disc)(Blu-ray)

http://dvd.jsdvd.com/product_info.php?cPath=124_268&products_id=31284

Thank you:) I've already got a copy. I was just curious. :)

tried to pre-order from amazon.jp but it says it doesn't ship to my country but it was able to when i was pre-ordering Thor 2. strange...

the reason is because it's no longer amazon that are selling them. when it went live a while back amazon sold all their stock = they went OOS.
after that some seller, for example, from the market place, same as all the other amazon sellers are selling them though amazon from their own personal store. if you notice it's written sold by xxx and fulfilled by xxx it's no longer Amazon's stock like when it went live = sold by Amazon and Fulfilled by Amazon/

you are dealing with a seller as you would on ebay and amazon gets a % of the sale for letting them use their market place.

you need to verify when you click on the release you will see a list of seller who sells them, that they ship internationally then that one you will be able to order, but most on market place amazon only ship domestically

• Helpful Post
Reactions: thesource7
Cancelled mine so there will be at least one

funny as when there's cancellation it doesn't seem to reappear in stock even for a short while. I cancelled my copy and it never came back in stock.

but you are doing the right thing, they should have made a proper amazon.jp limited edition exclusive with an awsome j-card and with just an amazing package... they could do it but they chose to make money the cheapest way,,, it's true someone stated on this message board that japanese releases do not hold their value like they used to and he is right...