UK
Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: Clerks
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

10945417-1408712183-104199.jpg

10945417-1408712183-104224.jpg

Last edited:
Just got the dispatch email. This wasn't supposed to come out for another month.

Thanks for posting! I manage to cancel before it was to late. Really doesnt need any surprises on my bank balance atm!

Will pick this up next month instead.

Just got the dispatch email. This wasn't supposed to come out for another month.
Are you sure despatch email was for clerks
No one else has said they had despatch emails for clerks or even to say debit/credit cards been charged

Usually with releases lot of us post in the thread in advance as to when we had or debit/cards charged no one has to date posted this

Was your despatch email not for Young Frankenstein

No one else has said they had despatch emails for clerks or even to say debit/credit cards been charged

Usually with releases lot of us post in the thread in advance as to when we had or debit/cards charged no one has to date posted this

Someone has to be first. Couple of people on the other forum have had despatch emails too. My card hasn't even been charged yet.

I have also recieved a dispatch email for clerks

See....this is why Zavvi have the reputation they do!!

Release date - December 8....we won't inform anybody that we are dispatching TODAY!!!!

If you don't have the money...toughtitties!!

WORST.....COMPANY.....EVER!!!!!!!!

Just wait for Army of Darkness to go on Zavvi's ebay outlet!!!!

To confirm...i HAVE had a dispatch e-mail for this....Zavvi inform their customers of a change in release date...you are having a laugh! They do what the f*** they want!!

Can't even cancel mine since it was part of the "special offer" set. Had ordered it separately originally, but wanted to save on shipping. Would've been nice to use my 12% discount code. Oh well.

Can't even cancel mine since it was part of the "special offer" set. Had ordered it separately originally, but wanted to save on shipping. Would've been nice to use my 12% discount code. Oh well.

If you leave the card or account without funds for a few days they will cancel the order. I usually use a prepaid card for online purchases.

Definitely Clerks. I had to read it twice before understanding what was going on. Came as a bit of a surprise. Other people starting to post that they've got the email as well.

Reactions: paulboland
Okay: most people would be happy to get something they want early.

Not if they haven't got the funds available, causing them bank charges. A week or so early is acceptable, this isn't in anyway shape or form and anyone that thinks differently is 100% wrong! Customers should have been notified of a date change this early, same as they would have done with Amazon.

Reactions: paulboland
Not if they haven't got the funds available, causing them bank charges. A week or so early is acceptable, this isn't in anyway shape or form and anyone that thinks differently is 100% wrong! Customers should have been notified of a date change this early, same as they would have done with Amazon.

I agree. I have tried to raise the issue of release dates with the staff here (in the Disney Collection thread) as it seems to be the only way to get in touch with the people that make the decisions at Zavvi. I haven't received a a response yet though unfortunately. It is definitely an issue that needs to be tackled. That said, if you don't have £16.99 in your bank account, then you probably shouldn't be buying Steelbooks but that's just my opinion.

I agree. I have tried to raise the issue of release dates with the staff here (in the Disney Collection thread) as it seems to be the only way to get in touch with the people that make the decisions at Zavvi. I haven't received a a response yet though unfortunately. It is definitely an issue that needs to be tackled. That said, if you don't have £16.99 in your bank account, then you probably shouldn't be buying Steelbooks but that's just my opinion.

The problem is with Zavvi Computer Order System not updating release dates to even trigger an email to customers of a date change if the release date changes to a date before what your order has as a expected despatch date

We do get email updates when its delayed and passes what your order has listed as expected despatch date and to be honest most those emails are annoying as you get them constantly until its despatched

I will send another request to Zavvi about letting customers know about release dates changes happening to a date that's before the expected date in their order

But problem with zavvi is their computer stock control system needs updating to really make that work and they also have a habit of changing releases dates back and forward sometimes a few times in a week

Will Zavvi spend money on upgrading the software for a new stock control ordering as I expect that's not cheap and would require a total new system

It works with what Amazon system they have as soon as they get told of a release date change your order automatically gets changed to new release date they updated and then you get an email notice of this change with notice with option to cancel your order if required or keep your order

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
That said, if you don't have £16.99 in your bank account, then you probably shouldn't be buying Steelbooks but that's just my opinion.

Can't agree 100% with that, maybe some of the more expensive ones I could agree with, but £18 is just an average price. Even as a student I liked to pick up my favourite films and ok I couldn't buy them all, so I budgeted well for the times when I knew orders were coming. Zavvi just completely disregard that idea and ship whenever they feel like it. Amazon notify of date changes, Entertainment store it's expect they will dispatch a week or so early so people can gage when to have funds available. With Zavvi it's just utter guess work and I'm pretty sure they will have caused problems for younger collectors who are on tight budgets by doing things like this.

I hope yourself and Paul get an answer from them over this issue, but I feel as usual it will be the same type of stock answer they give time and again. :)

Last edited:
It's still showing as a pre-order on zavvi with a 8/12/14 release date, emails might have been an error. Glad I cancelled mine last week, almost forgot I had it pre-ordered as I was slightly intoxicated when placing it :wacky::smashed::meh::confused::happy:
I think it has actually been dispatched as they had copies of it at the London comicon last weekend dude :)

Reactions: Stevieboy