Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: February 22, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99
Note: Limited to 3000

11181133-1904338155990880.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this film was visually stunning, a real eye-candy, just as I thought it would be. On the other hand, it also had huge potential to be a great, proper scary movie, but it failed to deliver quite miserably. There were a couple of things I expected with high hopes, but nothing major ever happened. As much as I was unhappy with how I felt after leaving the cinema, I have to say it's impossible to say I didn't like it. If that makes any sense. Of course I did like it. Heck, it had Loki in it! ;)

Reactions: Flloydo and harry
Saw this film finally and for me it's not great glad I didn't buy this, it's a shame has good elements but just wasn't for me, shame usually like his stuff.

Yup, definitely NOT a zavvi exclusive, they have now removed the 'Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook' from the item title in their listing and is now showing as SOLD OUT (oddly enough the exclusive text is still in the description).

How long did zavvi know this before it was released ?, HMV had it listed for a few weeks previously right ?, that's some misleading information..

Zavvi misleading?? Nooooo!
Next you'll be telling me that when they say "sold out" they actually have a few hundred units at the back of their warehouse.... ;)

Got my dispatch email last night so hopefully get it on Friday. Never saw this at the cinema so I'm looking forward to it. Bought it on the basis that I like the artwork and its Guillermo del toro.

Back in stock but with a deal attached to it - £5 for hellboy 2 or mama!
Riveting

Got my dispatch email last night so hopefully get it on Friday. Never saw this at the cinema so I'm looking forward to it. Bought it on the basis that I like the artwork and its Guillermo del toro.

I have loved Guillermo del Toro ever since I saw Cronos with Federico Luppi and Ron Perlman. Now just a moment ago I watched Crimson Peak and I really liked it. Visually stunning, great cast and overall atmosphere, beautiful music by Fernando Velazquez. Pan's Labyrinth is still the best from del Toro IMO, but Crimson Peak is my second favorite.

Reactions: moodybynature