Daredevil - Season 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Release date: October 3, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99
Note: The title treatment and Daredevil silhouette will be embossed. Spot gloss will be used on sections of the front of the Steelbook and the Marvel logo on the back. The Steelbook is white.

Collector's Box thread here

11312347-7174401904116618.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait. It said "spot gloss on the Marvel Logo on the back". It didn't say the Marvel logo WAS the back.
Am I missing something, or are people jumping to conclusions? There could be an image on the back, but only the Marvel logo in a corner is spot glossed, right?

It's possible that I and others have got the wrong end of the stick and that we are jumping to conclusions but I think not and anyway I guess we'll know soon enough one way or t'other.

My feeling (just a feeling, mind) is that all these ABC Studios/Marvel TV series' steelbooks will have the same format - in other words, artwork on the front and "MARVEL" logo on the back and that's only going by the fact that the AGENT CARTER steelbook has an extremely similar spine to the DD mock-up. Excellent decision, if true, that all these series' will have matching spines for uniformity which I personally don't mind in the slightest and the fact that the artwork is/may be very different on each means that they are not too "samey" at the same time:-

Maybe not such a bad idea they've gone down the WORLD WAR Z route with a mix of Zero, Matte and spot Gloss finishes (WW Z being one of my favourite steels) instead of the full Gloss finish of SIN CITY which would have been my first choice.
Excellent news of title treatment (and DD?) 'bossing tho :thumbs:
Anyway, as a long-term steelbook addict o r d e r e d . . .
Expecting:-
Zero finish on the white background to maintain brightness and make it look as white as possible
Matte on all the black bits with Spot Gloss on the blood and title
Could of course be the other way around with Zero on all the black bits and Matte on the white background bit I d o n ' t t h I n k s o
Anyway, we shall see . . .

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash and C.C. 95
So even though it says region B in product details, is there a chance the discs will be region free?

I have gotten a couple of blu rays that said they were B but ended up being region free discs.

Example: teen wolf

So even though it says region B in product details, is there a chance the discs will be region free?

I have gotten a couple of blu rays that said they were B but ended up being region free discs.

Example: teen wolf

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Buena Vista usually region-free? If this really is a Buena Vista release, I'd imagine region-free discs will come along with it.

It would look better if the Daredevil logo was embossed on the back too. I don't mind it too much though, not even enough to cancel it.

I hope we get Agent Carter Series 2 on steel soon.

REGION FREE? One would think so . . . but NEWSARAMA reports ' Updated July 1, 2016 at 5:01 p.m. EST: Following the apparent early leak of information, Marvel have now formally announced that the first season of the Netflix Daredevil series will be coming to home video - in the UK at least - on October 3. It is now listed both on Zavvi as well as Amazon UK. Both websites list the release as region-locked, so it may not be compatible with some Blu-ray and DVD players outside Europe.'

Would be strange if not Region Free taking into account the majority of Disney / Marvel releases are.
Strange if this is Region B locked and stranger still if this is the ONLY steelbook for DD SEASON ONE available anywhere on the planet with all 4,000 pieces (?) allocated to Zavvi (3,000 as standalones + 1,000 with ZBOXs) . . .
(No, I don't know if that's the case or if that idea is beyond the bounds of possibility).

Last edited:
they always do come back in stock, at least once, around release date.

usually yes. because of the cancellations. that does not mean huge amounts to be back on stock...like to see this has sold well. maybe we can expect DD season 2 steel aswell .

This will be back in stock
1)Customer cancellations
2)Payment problems
3)Bulk orders Zavvi decide to cancel

If high demand Zavvi can limit orders to 1 or 2 copies per customer If required

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: harry and K.i.T
I also got charged
Daredevil and Alice Through The Looking Glass

I also have a good few other releases out on Oct 3rd which I expect my debit card will be charged in next few days
It's going to be a expensive week for my debit card

Have the cancellations went live yet?
Not yet
Zavvi only charging debit cards from today so any failed payments or cancellations been made available will most likely be from Monday or Tuesday next week depends on how many if they put back available to order
It might not come back at all