Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D - In theaters July 11, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.
With: Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, Judy Greer, Andy Serkis and more..

Trailer:

From Collider:

Dawn_Of_The_Planet_Of_The_Apes_Teaser_Poster_Ex_JPosters.jpg

Here’s the transcript of Rothman’s conversation with Steve (from Collider) regarding the Rise of the Planet of the Apes sequel:
I loved Rise of the Planet of the Apes. What’s the status of the sequel?
Rothman: That’s very much on the tracks. We’re developing a script. Rupert Wyatt, who directed the first one, will direct the second one. We’re pushing forward aggressively, so the script’s being written now.

Do you have an idea of a time frame you’d like to release it?
Rothman: Yeah, I think it would make sense if we can, you know we serve no wine before it’s time, but the goal for us would be summer of 2014, if that’s possible.

The first one was a real pleasure and a great surprise to pretty much anyone! Are you thrilled about a sequel?

Last edited:
I'm just back from an advance screening of this and let me tell you if you liked Rise, then you are in for a treat! :D
Its got a great story, a relatable villain and the effect works on the apes is superb!
I saw it in 3D, but I didn't feel like it added much, but at least it wasn't distracting.
Really enjoyed the feel of the environment too, gave off a "The Last Of Us" vibe.

I just came from the cinema. This movie is the best movie of the summer :woot:( with CA 2). IF you thought the first one was good, wait until you see this. This is dark movie, the score is fantastic and chilling. Andy serkis did amazing job.
:thumbs:

• Informative
Reactions: Troll2Fan and MGD
Here is my spoiler free review of the movie and of this great book. Can't wait for the boxset coming out later in the year.

I saw this movie on Wednesday and it was epic. My favorite movie this summer. It was everything I hoped for and more. Cant wait to see what's next.

• Informative
Reactions: MGD
Excellent movie that I had very few gripes about. Jason Clarke and Serkis were great, the story was good and the CGI was outstanding. I'm now looking forward to the next one. :)

Probably the next one might be called War of the Planet of the Apes or Battle of the Planet of the Apes.

Can not wait :woot:

Last edited:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Finally saw it yesterday (and watched Rise Tuesday to get in the mood).
It was really great. Truly. The plot was well done, Caesar is a real leader and Koba does what we all expect to see in Rise...

You can clearly see what's coming in Apes 3... WAR... but I'm truly wondering what's that sound at the end of the credits...
Koba trying to freed himself like @G:Box said... or something else...

Oh... and yeah... there was a after-Credits scene that was filmed, but the director removed it at the last minute...
http://www.hypable.com/2014/07/16/dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-after-credits-scene-was-cut/
What’s interesting is that the scene Reeves is talking about actually appears in the film’s final trailer, where we clearly see a large ship headed underneath the bridge between San Francisco and the apes’ home in the forest. Check out a screengrab of the shot below:
dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-after-credits-scene.jpg