Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D - In theaters July 11, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.
With: Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, Judy Greer, Andy Serkis and more..

Trailer:

From Collider:

Dawn_Of_The_Planet_Of_The_Apes_Teaser_Poster_Ex_JPosters.jpg

Here’s the transcript of Rothman’s conversation with Steve (from Collider) regarding the Rise of the Planet of the Apes sequel:
I loved Rise of the Planet of the Apes. What’s the status of the sequel?
Rothman: That’s very much on the tracks. We’re developing a script. Rupert Wyatt, who directed the first one, will direct the second one. We’re pushing forward aggressively, so the script’s being written now.

Do you have an idea of a time frame you’d like to release it?
Rothman: Yeah, I think it would make sense if we can, you know we serve no wine before it’s time, but the goal for us would be summer of 2014, if that’s possible.

The first one was a real pleasure and a great surprise to pretty much anyone! Are you thrilled about a sequel?

Last edited:
I'm so happy how they've handled Rise and dawn of the planet of the apes. When Rise was originally announced I was worried it would be a lackluster cash in but was pleasantly surprised and so far the dawn trailers are echoing that same feeling. Bring on the apes!!!

Got my movie cash for this on Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes (I know, but I don't hate it and need it to complete the series on Blu-Ray), can't wait. My most anticipated movie of the summer.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
There was no need to release multiple trailers for this imo... I was sold after I saw the very first one!

'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes': 3 Short Films Show the Plague's Devastation

There’s a ten-year gap between the closing moments of Rise of the Planet of the Apes, when a viral outbreak began to spread across the human population, and the opening of the upcoming Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. A lot happened in that lost decade, so 20th Century Fox partnered with VICE’s Motherboard to create three short films to fill in some holes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw the it, PERFECT follow up movie, just as good if not better than the first.
It was an emotional roller coaster ride, especially from CG Serkis (WHERE IS HIS OSCAR!!).

9/10, "Please Enjoy"

also how much sympathy you could have for Koba
"Human, WORK."

Last edited: