Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D - In theaters July 11, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.
With: Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, Judy Greer, Andy Serkis and more..

Trailer:

From Collider:

Dawn_Of_The_Planet_Of_The_Apes_Teaser_Poster_Ex_JPosters.jpg

Here’s the transcript of Rothman’s conversation with Steve (from Collider) regarding the Rise of the Planet of the Apes sequel:
I loved Rise of the Planet of the Apes. What’s the status of the sequel?
Rothman: That’s very much on the tracks. We’re developing a script. Rupert Wyatt, who directed the first one, will direct the second one. We’re pushing forward aggressively, so the script’s being written now.

Do you have an idea of a time frame you’d like to release it?
Rothman: Yeah, I think it would make sense if we can, you know we serve no wine before it’s time, but the goal for us would be summer of 2014, if that’s possible.

The first one was a real pleasure and a great surprise to pretty much anyone! Are you thrilled about a sequel?

Last edited:
Just saw the it, PERFECT follow up movie, just as good if not better than the first.
It was an emotional roller coaster ride, especially from CG Serkis (WHERE IS HIS OSCAR!!).

9/10, "Please Enjoy"

also how much sympathy you could have for Koba

No fu**ing way!!! EEK! You already saw it!? :angry: I'm so DAMN jealous! :( :p I can't wait to see this tomorrow!!! My tickets have been purchased!!! :LOL: :oohyeah:

:movie:

Best movie of the summer! Probably the year for me! The cgi was amazing and the ape interaction and emotion was done perfectly. And Koba......
Terrifying villan (in spoilers incase some dont know he is one already)

Amazing sequel to a great film in Rise. Cant wait for the 3rd :LOL:

Reactions: harry and Afa
Saw this last night! :movie:

WOW...FU**ING WOW! :bow:

This film left me speechless! EEK! From beginning to end... a true cinematic masterpiece! :thumbs: An experience like no other! Matt Reeves was the perfect man to bring this EPIC film to life! THANK YOU! Again... FU**ING WOW! :LOL: As always, Andy Serkis is spectacular... but Toby Kebbell as Koba blew me the hell away! EEK! He was DAMN amazing and... terrifying!

I FU**KING LOVE :drool: this movie! :scat: Can't wait to see it again!

Saw this last night! :movie:

WOW...FU**ING WOW! :bow:

This film left me speechless! EEK! From beginning to end... a true cinematic masterpiece! :thumbs: An experience like no other! Matt Reeves was the perfect man to bring this EPIC film to life! THANK YOU! Again... FU**ING WOW! :LOL: As always, Andy Serkis is spectacular... but Toby Kebbell as Koba blew me the hell away! EEK! He was DAMN amazing and... terrifying!

I FU**KING LOVE :drool: this movie! :scat: Can't wait to see it again!

I had no expectations for this movie (good or bad) and I really enjoyed it (just saw it a couple hours ago). I will say that it's the most visually stunning movie of the summer (possibly the year). That visual effects team deserves an award.

Glad to hear that this film met and exceeded your expectations man!

I had no expectations for this movie (good or bad) and I really enjoyed it (just saw it a couple hours ago). I will say that it's the most visually stunning movie of the summer (possibly the year). That visual effects team deserves an award.

Thanks buddy! :thumbs: I agree, 'the most stunning movie of the summer (possibly the year).'

'DAWN' hit an emotional cord, it actually made me tear up a bit! It's Brilliant! Amazing!

F**K it, I'm gonna go see it again tomorrow!!! :oohyeah: :movie:

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
Just watched it this evening. WOW! A Truly Amazing film!!!
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is the best CGI I have ever seen in ANY movie. Seriously, the level of detail was incredible! Normally I am more of a fan of practical effects over cgi but if this is the future of cinema, bring on cgi. I was blown away.

Just watched it this evening. WOW! A Truly Amazing film!!!
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is the best CGI I have ever seen in ANY movie. Seriously, the level of detail was incredible! Normally I am more of a fan of practical effects over cgi but if this is the future of cinema, bring on cgi. I was blown away.

They all felt so real! Not only do they look like real apes, but they give human-like emotional performances. Plus the way they physically interact with environments is very impressive. Really excellent visual effects, and if they don't win an Oscar for visual effects, there's something wrong with the system.

I know its a long shot... But Andy Serkis Needs to be nominated for his performance. It probably will never happen because the Academy doesn't really acknowledge this sort of thing... but they should. He had so much emotion and just these little subtle things he did were even more powerful then the real life actors in the film.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
@bloodsnake007
ill see if i can get one of those poster tubes and send one of these bad boys your way. I just got back from vacation so im still adjusting to normal life at the moment ;)

and by the way, like everyone stated already, this movie rocks. Favorite of year so far :)
@alvinhwang21 That would be fu**ing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs: THANKS buddy!!! :emb: :shy:

WWZ_UK_Egg.png

Last edited by a moderator: