Day of the Dead (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: July 21st, 2014
Price: £17.99
Buy link: Day of the Dead (Live Saturday 6pm UK time)
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies.

10949896-1398359093-850927.jpg

Attachments

• 10949896-1398359093-850927.jpg
    10949896-1398359093-850927.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 323
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 332
Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ it's "Say Hello Aunt Alicia" not well. And you say your a fan?! I'm only joking!

I know that, but i was saying it like "well well, what do we have here?" In that type of speaking. Anyway, you can stay there in the dark and think about what u did. That wasnt very nice at all...(cue Dawn's Gonk first notes).

Oh look shock horror it's the original ;)

Be interesting to see if Arrow are going to include the poster and booklet from the amaray version. I love the artwork too

Reactions: chunk
Oh look shock horror it's the original ;)

Be interesting to see if Arrow are going to include the poster and booklet from the amaray version. I love the artwork too

The list of extras is the same on Zavvi's site, so it should include them.

I was going to say it looks like they've just cut and paste - it even lists the reversible sleeve!

Interesting though Zavvi list it as one disc, but the original releases were 3 discs weren't they? 1 blu-ray and 2 DVDs - does this mean that this release could just be the blu-ray without the special features from the DVD? Or do we reckon this will be a newly mastered disc with all the special features put on the blu?

I was going to say it looks like they've just cut and paste - it even lists the reversible sleeve!

Interesting though Zavvi list it as one disc, but the original releases were 3 discs weren't they? 1 blu-ray and 2 DVDs - does this mean that this release could just be the blu-ray without the special features from the DVD? Or do we reckon this will be a newly mastered disc with all the special features put on the blu?

Day of the Dead was originally 1 BD and 1 DVD -

DISC 1 – BLU-RAY CONTAINS:
•Theatrical Feature (1080p) with 5.1 HD DTS/2.0
•Commentary with the special effects team including Greg Nicotero, Howard Berger, Everett Burrell and Mike Deak
•Joe of the Dead (1080p)
•Travelogue (1080p)

DISC 2 – DVD CONTAINS:
•The Many Days of Day of the Dead Documentary
•Behind the Zombies Footage
•Romero Zombography
•Photo Album of the Dead
•Souvenirs of the Dead
•Night and Dawn Trailers
•The Audio recollections of Richard Liberty
•TV Ads of the Dead
•Wampum Mine Promo

Be a shame to see them miss out the Blu-ray but Arrow have told me that all the specifications are still being finalised

Reactions: chunk and 8bitheart
Day of the Dead was originally 1 BD and 1 DVD -

DISC 1 – BLU-RAY CONTAINS:
•Theatrical Feature (1080p) with 5.1 HD DTS/2.0
•Commentary with the special effects team including Greg Nicotero, Howard Berger, Everett Burrell and Mike Deak
•Joe of the Dead (1080p)
•Travelogue (1080p)

DISC 2 – DVD CONTAINS:
•The Many Days of Day of the Dead Documentary
•Behind the Zombies Footage
•Romero Zombography
•Photo Album of the Dead
•Souvenirs of the Dead
•Night and Dawn Trailers
•The Audio recollections of Richard Liberty
•TV Ads of the Dead
•Wampum Mine Promo

Be a shame to see them miss out the Blu-ray but Arrow have told me that all the specifications are still being finalised

Ah I see - sorry, the Arrow version I have has 1 BD and 2 DVDs - So the movie on blu, the movie on DVD and then a seperate DVD with special features.

Reactions: cooey
Day of the Dead was always a 2 disc release mate, Dawn of the Dead was a 3 disc release :)

I've asked my contact at Arrow to confirm whether this will include both the BD and DVD :)

Reactions: chunk and 8bitheart
I agree the Night remake is excellent. Much better than the original.

I just went looking for the night remake on a amazon, BD £90 EEK! So i bought the dvd for £2.15:hilarious: Maybe one day they will release it again on BD and I'll pick it up then:D

The more I look at the artwork for this SB, the more I love it, I'm very excited about getting this, of course i love the slip case but having a steelbook is just plain awesome. I hope this is not the only release in the trilogy and this film rights thing gets sorted out.. although from what I've read in this thread it looks unlikely for anything to happen any time soon:( such a shame

An Arrow release, nice! Definitely buying now. I thought they couldnt do I steelbook of this before because they didnt have the license anymore though? They must have reacquired it.

An Arrow release, nice! Definitely buying now. I thought they couldnt do I steelbook of this before because they didnt have the license anymore though? They must have reacquired it.

It was only the Dawn license they don't have anymore (not sure what the reason was why couldn't renew) but They do still have the license for Day.

Arrow dont have the rights to 'Dawn' any more, thats why the slipboxed version was the last version they released (and probably why it goes for a pretty penny now) They still have the rights to 'Day' so thats why after the slipboxed one they released a regular amaray version without the interchangeable cover or comic...Im not sure if it had the poster either... (I assume 'Dawn' would have got a similar release had they still got the rights..)

Im in 2 minds about the steelbook, I own the slipboxed version, and have no intention of selling it, but as its one of my all time favorite trilogies, do I buy the 'Day' steel in the hope 'Night' and 'Dawn' get a steelbook release from someone sometime in the future....Hmmm double dip or not...I did that with Battle royale, I have the slipboxed version but couldnt resist the steelbook....

On a side note...isnt that back cover art taken from one of the many Dawn of the dead releases?? seems odd to put it on the back of day of the dead....
If your a fan then yes you have to buy this, watch your other one and keep this sealed thats what i'm gonna do.

I've just been told by Arrow that at the moment it's just the BD disc, but this is still waiting to be finalised.

Reactions: justboy