Day of the Dead (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: July 21st, 2014
Price: £17.99
Buy link: Day of the Dead (Live Saturday 6pm UK time)
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies.

10949896-1398359093-850927.jpg

Attachments

• 10949896-1398359093-850927.jpg
    10949896-1398359093-850927.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 323
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 332
Last edited by a moderator:
A simple solution
Instead of using Sold Out
They put Not Live or something similar
Then when it does go live and sells out for real put Sold Out

Having Sold Out when a title has not gone live will confuse new customers and collectors
It also leaves the veteran collector wonder sometimes if they missed out if they been busy or away from the Internet for other reasons and when they see sold out have to check this site to find out if it was live or sold out

I agree 100%..and it seems ridiculous that they haven't changed such a simple thing as that, and to help their customers know what status a pre order is at.. I think a lot of people have pointed this problem out to them but they don't seem to want to change it (for whatever reason).:D

Reactions: paulboland
I'm still in 2 minds about this.

I have the 3 Disc slip special edition of 'dawn' and the re-print 3 Disc 'day'. I don't have 'Night' on BD as I don't know which is the best version to get - but if 'Night' is in the public domain, and Arrow no longer have the rights to 'Dawn' - the OCD completist in me will go mental about having this on steel, and not the others.

BUT it is a George Romero zombie movie in steel which we've been waiting for for aaages.... maybe i'll make up my mind when it actually goes live.

I'm in the exact same boat as you and have all those editions, although I do own the UK optimum disc for Night. It's killing me too knowing that there's a strong possibility this will be the only one from the three in steel form. I'm already OCD about the slipcase dawn not being beside my re-release day grrr but then I have this decision to make.

Reactions: chunk
Don't be so sure, at least in terms of blu ray. Arrow's Dawn of the Dead release did include the extended/uncut version - but only on DVD, bundled in with the theatrical blu ray. Why they didn't choose the extended version as the blu ray disc I'll never know but it was very annoying having to choose between best quality picture and best version in terms of content :angry:

Totally agree with you

I refer you to Rob's post -

Because there wasn't a HD master for the extended cut at the time of release

The Extended and Argento cuts have only been recently released for the first time on Blu-ray and only in Japan (and possibly Germany but will need to double check that)

Now that there is a HD master available, no doubt either Arrow (if they can get the rights back) or Scream Factory (more likely) will release a super set for Dawn of the Dead

A simple solution
Instead of using Sold Out
They put Not Live or something similar
Then when it does go live and sells out for real put Sold Out

Having Sold Out when a title has not gone live will confuse new customers and collectors
It also leaves the veteran collector wonder sometimes if they missed out if they been busy or away from the Internet for other reasons and when they see sold out have to check this site to find out if it was live or sold out

Yes it's happened to me, i thought i'd already preordered Scream steelbook because it's been sold out for so long so when it went live i left it then when i checked my preorders ive not preoreded now it's sold out so ive missed that one now:(

Yes it's happened to me, i thought i'd already preordered Scream steelbook because it's been sold out for so long so when it went live i left it then when i checked my preorders ive not preoreded now it's sold out so ive missed that one now:(

I'm sure it'll come back in Stock. . I've only pre ordered in the hope of a artwork change.. which sadly is doubtful. . So I'm sure it will come back like beetlejuice and others did:D

I love zombie movies. Can't wait.

Night of the Living dead is Public Domain in the USA. Anyone could make a steelbook if they wanted to. Is it Public Domain in the UK also? Seems like it'd be one of the easier choices to make that one next if it is.

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Day of the Dead is a classic zombie flick, I used to watch this one whenever is was on, will be buying this one again from Arrow, not long to go till it's live. :)

I like the way Arrow include booklets and a card too for their releases, would be nice if other companies did this. Wish Arrow still had the rights to Dawn of the Dead.

Reactions: SaberTooth
I'm gonna order just in case others in the series are announced and I miss out on this one. If it's just this one on it's own then I won't be as bothered and I'd probably jut cancel or sell it on.