Day of the Dead (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: July 21st, 2014
Price: £17.99
Buy link: Day of the Dead (Live Saturday 6pm UK time)
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies.

10949896-1398359093-850927.jpg

Attachments

• 10949896-1398359093-850927.jpg
    10949896-1398359093-850927.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 325
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 334
Last edited by a moderator:
George A. Romero prefers Day of the Dead to Dawn of the Dead

He originally had planned a big budget release for Day of the Dead but due to his follow up film Knightriders not doing well the studio got scared and cut his budget

I like both Films and I myself prefer Day of the Dead

The Arrow Release of Day of the Dead is fantastic but you also should check out USA Shout Factory Collector's Edition Release
USA Shout Factory Collector's Edition Release
91VLRVrrIRL._SL1500_.jpg
it has fantastic Artwork has a brilliant new documentary not on the Arrow Release and has better Picture Quality

I expect this Arrow Steelbook to be Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD
1 Blu-ray Disc and possibly include DVD and DVD extras Disc as per previous release
Hopefully it will at least include the extras DVD Disc
I will find out soon if that is what were getting

Last edited:
Reactions: rj531 and chunk
I've already posted on this already. But I've got to say it again, gimme gimme gimme gimme! My fav film of all time!! Have I said I like it??
Yes yes yes yes yes!!

He originally had planned a big budget release for Day of the Dead but due to his follow up film Knightriders not doing well the studio got scared and cut his budget

The Arrow Release of Day of the Dead is fantastic but you also should check out USA Shout Factory Collector's Edition Release
91VLRVrrIRL._SL1500_.jpg
it has fantastic Artwork has a brilliant new documentary not on the Arrow Release and has better Picture Quality

I expect this Arrow Steelbook to be 1 Blu-ray Disc and possibly include DVD and DVD extras Disc as per previous release

that artwork is awesome... makes me want them to change this steelbook art to that:D

Reactions: paulboland
You can snag one second hand pretty easily. Its expensive, but not outrageously expensive. Its region free as well.

I looked on a lot of sites but I never found It, so there's a BD that Was released in the US? I'll try googling it rather than going to specific websites and see what pops up:D:thumbs: I hope zavvi is reading this thread to see how popular their anouncement of this title is and start looking into getting some more zombie movies for us:D

Arrow must have loads of remaining stock left of this one, maybe they think a marketing tactic such as repackaging it will help sell flog them. Dawn of the Dead is now OOP and goes for £40+ these days. So sadly a steelbook for it doesn't seem likely unless they re-print it.

I would love to see a Creepshow Steelbook

As would we all!!

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

I looked on a lot of sites but I never found It, so there's a BD that Was released in the US? I'll try googling it rather than going to specific websites and see what pops up:D:thumbs: I hope zavvi is reading this thread to see how popular their anouncement of this title is and start looking into getting some more zombie movies for us:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chunk
YES one of my favorate movies of all time, lets hope they fetch dawn out as well.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

91VLRVrrIRL._SL1500_.jpg

I expect this Arrow Steelbook to be Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD
1 Blu-ray Disc and possibly include DVD and DVD extras Disc as per previous release
Hopefully it will at least include the extras DVD Disc
Arrow are usually good with extras so i think it will, love the artwork on that collector's edition, would like to see that on this steelbook.

YES one of my favorate movies of all time, lets hope they fetch dawn out as well.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Arrow are usually good with extras so i think it will, love the artwork on that collector's edition, would like to see that on this steelbook.

That wont happen Shout Factory collector's edition Artwork been used by Arrow as it was exclusive commissioned Artwork by Shout Factory

The Artwork on Arrow Steelbook is the Original Poster Artwork
Day_of_the_Dead_%28film%29_poster.jpg

I never ordered Zavvi's Arrow steelbooks before, what's the treatment from the previous releases anyway? Good? thanks guys :)

I'm sure it will be the regular Arrow treatment. The Beyond and Tenebrae were no different from any other Arrow Steelbook release :thumbs:

Reactions: goufcustom
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I hope this means Night and Dawn of the Deads are coming soon!!

Dawn of the Dead 1978 not possible as no studio has the rights to do a new release or Re Print a previous release at this moment until this is sorted
Only previous released Blu-ray stock is what you can buy and best version which is Arrow Video Blu-ray is very rare and expensive

Night of the Living Dead 1968
This entered the public domain due to an error by the distributor by forgetting to put copyright notice on Night of the Living Dead (Did not have cc notice on Title)
When it was released in the cinemas back in 1968 meaning no one owns the Night of the living dead title rights and all recent DVD and Blu-ray have been released by lot of studios with some been of poor quality
This could happen but I doubt it

Last edited:
Reactions: chunk
I think it was Paul that said he was going to contact arrow about Dawn rights. If arrow still owns them, Im sure they will release a steel soon. But its strange that they would release this one first if both are planned.

And yes if you bought that Day release for £9.50, keep it sealed and you just made yourself atleast £60!

Arrow dont have the rights to 'Dawn' any more, thats why the slipboxed version was the last version they released (and probably why it goes for a pretty penny now) They still have the rights to 'Day' so thats why after the slipboxed one they released a regular amaray version without the interchangeable cover or comic...Im not sure if it had the poster either... (I assume 'Dawn' would have got a similar release had they still got the rights..)

Im in 2 minds about the steelbook, I own the slipboxed version, and have no intention of selling it, but as its one of my all time favorite trilogies, do I buy the 'Day' steel in the hope 'Night' and 'Dawn' get a steelbook release from someone sometime in the future....Hmmm double dip or not...I did that with Battle royale, I have the slipboxed version but couldnt resist the steelbook....

On a side note...isnt that back cover art taken from one of the many Dawn of the dead releases?? seems odd to put it on the back of day of the dead....

Last edited:
Arrow dont have the rights to 'Dawn' any more, thats why the slipboxed version was the last version they released (and probably why it goes for a pretty penny now) They still have the rights to 'Day' so thats why after the slipboxed one they released a regular amaray version without the interchangeable cover or comic...Im not sure if it had the poster either... (I assume 'Dawn' would have got a similar release had they still got the rights..)

Im in 2 minds about the steelbook, I own the slipboxed version, and have no intention of selling it, but as its one of my all time favorite trilogies, do I buy the 'Day' steel in the hope 'Night' and 'Dawn' get a steelbook release from someone sometime in the future....Hmmm double dip or not...I did that with Battle royale, I have the slipboxed version but couldnt resist the steelbook....

On a side note...isnt that back cover art taken from one of the many Dawn of the dead releases?? seems odd to put it on the back of day of the dead....
Sort of yes
It can look like its from one of the original Dawn of the Dead Film Posters but its not
Dawn-of-the-Dead-1978.jpg
But is using different coloring and not the same as Dawn of the Dead but is sort of the same from Day of the Dead 1985 Film Poster
day_of_the_dead_300.jpg

10949896-1398359123-962534.jpg

Be interesting to see what the inside Artwork going to be

Last edited: