Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99 - £19.99 - £14.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey HERE

01-66760.jpg

03-66760.jpg
02-66760.jpg

01-66760.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate the artwork but it’s easy to see why studios do this kind of thing. This ‘quirky’ looking Steelbook will probably still sell out and then in a few months Fox will release a new one with poster artwork which collectors will happily buy even if they’ve already picked up this Steelbook or an amaray edition. It’s something that has worked very well for Disney/Marvel in the last few years.

Reactions: Metaldazman
It's been something like a week now and despite initial reservations I find myself warming to this steelbook artwork (as a unified whole) … the red and black colouration fitting in naturally with the other UK steelbooks for the two Deadpool films ...
... and with the US edition confirmed spot-gloss one can but hope that the ROW steelbook will be full gloss if only to give more snap, crackle & pop to that gorgeous red.

Last edited:
If using a poster for steelbook art is not creative then surely using images from the credits is the same thing.

Personally i think if deadpool was to create his own steelbook it would look like a teenage girls scrapbook of deadpool, Reynolds, one pic of jackman, a sex line and instructions on how to “Spider-Man” Spider-Man complete with a before and after sketch!! - that’s true deadpool

Urm...

As @Noodles has shown us it's anything but horrid, light years ahead of the World Wide release version and the same is with Deadpool and the IMAX poster.

Poster art can work when done correctly, if you don't do it right when you easily can then at the end of the day it kind of is lazy as you aren't putting the effort into it.

DavRUZbWAAE8Dlr.jpg
Agree to disagree.

Looks chaotic and jumbled.
The rear, you kinda get away with but the front....just doesn’t work. I mean, several faces can barely be made out as to who it is. The rear works better as it reduces this issue. But it’s not nothing on what IW should use: classic a logo(which am aware was also a poster, it’s its minimal, and personally preferred)

Then again, my taste always seems to go against the grain - Black Panther isn’t the only WWA I dislike(wasn’t keen on GotG2 but loved the first. Same with prior Avengers, Amt Man’s SSD and Doctor Strange book styles)

For those that like poster artwork, I do agree at least one retailer should and often appear to fulfill demand
But for something like Deadpool, this suits perfectly.

PLus, there are so many ‘official posters’ that who is to say which is to be used.

HMV website update Release date is September 17th
Phew. They were showing Nov release last I checked.

If using a poster for steelbook art is not creative then surely using images from the credits is the same thing.

Personally i think if deadpool was to create his own steelbook it would look like a teenage girls scrapbook of deadpool, Reynolds, one pic of jackman, a sex line and instructions on how to “Spider-Man” Spider-Man complete with a before and after sketch!! - that’s true deadpool
Exactlily why I like this artwork.
It’s not the prettiest, but is very Deadpool and works in context. For me at least.

Agree to disagree.

Looks chaotic and jumbled.
The rear, you kinda get away with but the front....just doesn’t work. I mean, several faces can barely be made out as to who it is. The rear works better as it reduces this issue. But it’s not nothing on what IW should use: classic a logo(which am aware was also a poster, it’s its minimal, and personally preferred)

Then again, my taste always seems to go against the grain - Black Panther isn’t the only WWA I dislike(wasn’t keen on GotG2 but loved the first. Same with prior Avengers, Amt Man’s SSD and Doctor Strange book styles)

For those that like poster artwork, I do agree at least one retailer should and often appear to fulfill demand
But for something like Deadpool, this suits perfectly.

PLus, there are so many ‘official posters’ that who is to say which is to be used.

Phew. They were showing Nov release last I checked.

Exactlily why I like this artwork.
It’s not the prettiest, but is very Deadpool and works in context. For me at least.

I just don’t see it as very deadpool at all. Must just be me

That’s the one thing i thought stuck out in a bad way with both films was the animation on the credits. I know when he gets stabbed in the head (1st movie) he sees animated horses or whatever and I didn’t mind that but I still remember thinking when the credits rolled and to this day still think “what the **** is this!” Lol. Just dont seem right to me every time I watch it

A very rare sentnace about to come from me but I’m actually sooooooo happy we have FA for this. Just gotta try and sort one out

I just don’t see it as very deadpool at all. Must just be me

That’s the one thing i thought stuck out in a bad way with both films was the animation on the credits. I know when he gets stabbed in the head (1st movie) he sees animated horses or whatever and I didn’t mind that but I still remember thinking when the credits rolled and to this day still think “what the **** is this!” Lol. Just dont seem right to me every time I watch it

A very rare sentnace about to come from me but I’m actually sooooooo happy we have FA for this. Just gotta try and sort one out
see, the front of the FA one looks a bit too busy, but the rear is 100% Deadpool.

The crayon drawings, weird animations, unicorns etc ARE Deadpool. Thats part of his quirk, charisma etc. Hence why I think this works.

Plus after the first one being predominantly Black, with Red, its nice to see the reverse on this one.

Thats not to say I'm potentially gunning for the FA Lenti.

Reactions: Flloydo
For those not bowled over by the cartoonish red WWA or the jumbled, crowded aqua FA WEA then Manta Lab could well be saving the day with their own WEA.
(1)
1532169812405.png
1532169679733.png
(2)
1532170058069.png
(3) Artwork N/A

If I’m being honest and look at the previous post by @virkia I like the official steelbook more. The red, black colors and style really fit. The FA steel is a little too much. It doesn’t give me the Deadpool movie feeling, but more like some sort of animation movie.
But get both anyway :whistle:

Wow I have seen some absolute nonsense on this forum over the years, but that really takes things to a whole new level!

Why are some people obsessed with steelbooks being "creative"? I don't want that experimental crap on my steelbook, just give me the damn poster art. Honestly, if had the power to do so I'd make it MANDATORY that the first steelbook release of any film MUST feature the official poster art. After that you can do whatever the hell you want with crazy far-out designs, but the art that was designed to please the most people should be the one available first IMHO.
I was the same when I started off steelbook collecting and was glad to see something different to the amaray art, but the last few years have seen such piss-poor alternatives to the amaray art that I would rather just have the same art on the steelbook and have done with it. I really don't care if it duplicates what is on the amaray box if I'm only buying the steelbook anyway.

there's no denying that steelbook collecting is 100% not what it was 8+ years ago. they're over exposed, market's over saturated and steelbooks as a medium have lost their prestige. Reading your comments the impression i get is that this fact has turned you from a collector to a hoarder.

What i find peculilar about this community, is that you're all obsessed with premium slipcovers & premium finishes. Yet aren't obsessed with premium artwork. All happy to see default poster on the cover. Kinda missing the point of steelbooks. EVERYTHING about a steelbook should be premium, but they aren't that's why they tend to lose their luster. it's no coincidence that the percentage of steelbooks with default poster art is higher than it was when blu ray steelbook collecting was at it's peak. where vitual every release was a must own for the right reasons.

Why are some people obsessed with steelbooks being "creative"?

if you need to ask that you truly are a hoarder :p in all seriousness. People like to own steelbooks (or any fancy packaged edition) because they want something unique and special for the films/games/tv shows that are special to them. that'll be why alot of the guys on here got into collecting these in the first place.(at least that was the case back in the day)

The best steelbooks don't just appeal to collectors or to someone looking to make a quick buck. they appeal to anyone who's a fan of the film in question. A perfect example of a truly great steelbook is the jumanji one. it doesn't use the default poster. it doesn't slap a film still on the back and inside. they were creative and original with the design, making the front inside and back the board game from the film. that's one of those steelbooks that a tonne of non collectors would own. they'd take one look at it and think "wow that's awesome" it's the kind of thing that can turn someone into a steelbook collector.

if you'd had your way it would have just been the default poster art. with a screen grab for the back art and inside art. that's not going to make anyone want to collect steelbooks.

If it's a choice between having steelbook designs that excel with duds getting made too, or every steelbook is average and nothing more I'd rather put up with the duds.

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T