Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99 - £19.99 - £14.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey HERE

01-66760.jpg

03-66760.jpg
02-66760.jpg

01-66760.png

Last edited by a moderator:
People probably had similar complaints about having a 3D disc "shoved down their throats" when buying a steel book for the 2D disc.

The difference is the most you paid for a 3D steelbook was £25 ( in most cases it was even £20).

So for me it's not about 4K being shoved down my throat, it's asking for £30 for it to be shoved down my throat :LOL:

I would accept £25 (just!!).

Fair enough mate - I just don't see how people think £30 is a reasonable price and defend it.

I get 4K is new, but I still think it's too expensive especially as 4K amaray prices seem to be now dropping overall.

And I've already emailed HMV about it :happy:

I would love it to be cheaper, given the option obviously I would buy it at £25 but you're never going to beat the system. 4K is the future whether we embrace it or not and
that newer tech combined with a new film release combined with an 'exclusive' steelbook to one retailer will always be at the top of the expense tree.

Am I correct in thinking you can purchase 2x 4K amarays for £30 at HMV now? Wonder Woman, BvS, Deadpool, GOTG 2 etc?
Thats a good buy... but it's amaray. This is why I believe that other factors contribute to the price.

I'm glad to read that you've taken steps to email HMV. A lot of people just complain without taking any action. Will it do you good? We'll have to wait and see.

It's taken me a while to get a collection of various steelbooks for the first Deadpool, so I'm not missing out on this one. It might be the 'zavvi equivalent' to the first one
in some way but no doubt some strong showings will come again from Kimchi and perhaps a different premium retailer this time.

• Thanks
Reactions: JayWhit
I would love it to be cheaper, given the option obviously I would buy it at £25 but you're never going to beat the system. 4K is the future whether we embrace it or not and
that newer tech combined with a new film release combined with an 'exclusive' steelbook to one retailer will always be at the top of the expense tree.

Am I correct in thinking you can purchase 2x 4K amarays for £30 at HMV now? Wonder Woman, BvS, Deadpool, GOTG 2 etc?
Thats a good buy... but it's amaray. This is why I believe that other factors contribute to the price.

I'm glad to read that you've taken steps to email HMV. A lot of people just complain without taking any action. Will it do you good? We'll have to wait and see.

It's taken me a while to get a collection of various steelbooks for the first Deadpool, so I'm not missing out on this one. It might be the 'zavvi equivalent' to the first one
in some way but no doubt some strong showings will come again from Kimchi and perhaps a different premium retailer this time.

I doubt it will do any good, but feel I shouldn't moan without backing it up :)

I love steelbooks and its hard to have to pass this up (and A Quiet Place) and I accept 4K will be pricier, but IMO £30 is too much.

I have no issues with you (and apologies if it came across that way) or others who are willing to pay £30, but it's defending that price that stirs me!

Unless you work for Fox or HMV of course, then I understand :cool:

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord

Having spoken to a senior exec at HMV this afternoon, this is going to become common for the short term. 4K has died epically on disc sales, but the companies know that steelbook collectors "to quote her 100%" are nutjobs who will spend a fortune! so the electronics companies who are already in bed and often own the film companies are going to really push hard till next spring when new tech comes out. £30 for ANY format is a joke, HMV know it, the makers know it, the electronics firms know it, but they are LAUGHING all th way to the bank on those buying them as 4K is already over. its NOT a new format its already 2 years old. Blu-ray took after only weeks of the PS3 coming out. 4K still hasn't.

I'm sorry, anyone with intelligence knows 4K is over, only people defending it are the loon thats actually thought it was the future and have already upgraded, to a format selling less than Laserdisc.

HMV are going to be doing more and more 4K steels in the next 6 months to shift the massive amount of unsold tech that their owners need to shift.

Having spoken to a senior exec at HMV this afternoon, this is going to become common for the short term. 4K has died epically on disc sales, but the companies know that steelbook collectors "to quote her 100%" are nutjobs who will spend a fortune! so the electronics companies who are already in bed and often own the film companies are going to really push hard till next spring when new tech comes out. £30 for ANY format is a joke, HMV know it, the makers know it, the electronics firms know it, but they are LAUGHING all th way to the bank on those buying them as 4K is already over. its NOT a new format its already 2 years old. Blu-ray took after only weeks of the PS3 coming out. 4K still hasn't.

I'm sorry, anyone with intelligence knows 4K is over, only people defending it are the loon thats actually thought it was the future and have already upgraded, to a format selling less than Laserdisc.

HMV are going to be doing more and more 4K steels in the next 6 months to shift the massive amount of unsold tech that their owners need to shift.
Thanks for this info.

I won't be ordering any more HMV steelbooks then :thumbs:

It might not be new in terms of age but it is still the NEWEST format in comparison to others and because of that will still be more expensive than others at present... combined with all the other reasons I mentioned.

It might not be new in terms of age but it is still the NEWEST format in comparison to others and because of that will still be more expensive than others at present... combined with all the other reasons I mentioned.

Blu-ray and DVD were not £30 even on day one as new formats! 4K is a niche market for a VERY small number of people much like laserdisc and minidisc, Its a small improvement, but not enough to warrant the money. Unfortunately companies like HMV have no choice as they are already offered items and if they refuse another company will step in. HMV themselves have boxes of unsold 4K titles and even at £15 aren't selling. I can't see this selling out, not if its offered with a nice slip and normal blu-ray only by other companies

I wasn't defending the price point but GENERALLY every major movie on 4k retails at £25. In four months when this hits the shelves I bet you this will be £25 everywhere and with that in mind you can't say paying £5 on top for premium packaging is steep. Zavvi charge £25 for 2D/3D Marvel steelbooks which "forces" me to buy a 3D copy that I am not going to use just to have the steelbook so how is that any difference... At all? (not to mention Zavvi 4k marvel steels are what, £33?..an additional £8)
Except I'm not forced to buy the steelbook.. I choose to.

Flat out wrong about bluray. In the early days the latest releases were up to £30 in local stores. I remember both HMV and game station stocking live free die hard for that price.

Not in Solihull they weren't. Standard new Blu-ray price was £22.99 on ALL new films which dropped after time to £19.99. I should know, I was the one pricing them for stores, so you're "flat out wrong"

I wasn't defending the price point but GENERALLY every major movie on 4k retails at £25. In four months when this hits the shelves I bet you this will be £25 everywhere and with that in mind you can't say paying £5 on top for premium packaging is steep. Zavvi charge £25 for 2D/3D Marvel steelbooks which "forces" me to buy a 3D copy that I am not going to use just to have the steelbook so how is that any difference... At all? (not to mention Zavvi 4k marvel steels are what, £33?..an additional £8)
Except I'm not forced to buy the steelbook.. I choose to.

Then you should have bought a 3D TV! If a films shown at the cinema in 3D it "should" be offered as part of the home release" 4K isn't a cinema format.

Not in Solihull they weren't. Standard new Blu-ray price was £22.99 on ALL new films which dropped after time to £19.99. I should know, I was the one pricing them for stores, so you're "flat out wrong"

Doesn't change the fact other stores were selling for up to £30 which put me off buying it, as was the case for a lot of the new popular releases.

Just got back from watching it

It's decent, has some hilarious moments but in the end I still like the first film better.

Like I already knew as much as I freaking adore the character Domino was pretty lacklustre in this and usually I can fall back on the design if the personality falls flat but even the design is awful.

Got a little freebie with the film as well which is nice but probably would have liked a poster more haha.