Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99 - £19.99 - £14.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey HERE

01-66760.jpg

03-66760.jpg
02-66760.jpg

01-66760.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I don't have an issue with them pushing 4K; my issue to down to the price of this steelbook.

No-one ever paid £30 because it had 3D with it, they were £25 max, so charging £30 just because this is 4K, IMO is a rip-off.
Don't buy it, get the German one. Almost same price and missing 4k. Problem solved.

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
Don't buy it, get the German one. Almost same price and missing 4k. Problem solved.

Sorry, how exactly does that solve the problem - I clearly said I had no issue with 4K, it was down to the price of this particular steelbook; so I'm not sure paying €30 for the German one helps :cautious:

I know you did. But look at the price of the non-4k one, pretty much the same. Ergo adding a 4k disc is not driving the price to crazy new heights.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Personally I don't have an issue with them pushing 4K; my issue to down to the price of this steelbook.

No-one ever paid £30 because it had 3D with it, they were £25 max, so charging £30 just because this is 4K, IMO is a rip-off.

But of course they already know that even at this price, this is going to sell out. Even when the artwork is revealed, and people are disappointed with it, even if the movie sucks, it's still going to sell out.

Nothing is going to stop rising prices or certain movies being released in 4K+2D only steelbooks.

I know you did. But look at the price of the non-4k one, pretty much the same. Ergo adding a 4k disc is not driving the price to crazy new heights.

Maybe I need to make it a bit clearer for you; my comment is in regards to the price of this steelbook, compared to UK prices; cost across Europe, US and even Asia are completely irrelevant!!!

Besides, I expect the German one, assuming it remains non-4K, to drop before release, as Amazon always have a habit of initially setting their pre-order prices high - so a bit pointless comparing the UK 4K steelbook to this.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Maybe I need to make it a bit clearer for you; my comment is in regards to the price of this steelbook, compared to UK prices; cost across Europe, US and even Asia are completely irrelevant!!!

Besides, I expect the German one, assuming it remains non-4K, to drop before release, as Amazon always have a habit of initially setting their pre-order prices high - so a bit pointless comparing the UK 4K steelbook to this.
That's fine. Compare or don't compare all you like. It's just contradictory when you complain about the price being high for HMV but you'd rather buy that instead of the presumably cheaper (by your own interpretation) German version. So there's really no problem.

Got this back from HMV:

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with our Steelbook offers.

In most cases our Buying Teams will strive to secure as many different formats for a steelbook however as they are supplied by the publisher directly the decision to include a 4K disc will usually be made by the studios in order to promote the format.

We will of course be more than happy to forward your e-mail through to our Visual Department for their immediate attention and consideration. Hopefully in the future we can secure more offers which feature a standard Blu-Ray format.

We value your feedback and continually review standards, making every effort to further improve customer satisfaction. I would therefore like to thank you for taking the time to contact us with your comments and concerns and we hope you will not be deterred from shopping at hmv in the future.

Kind regards,

Jason