Deadpool - In theaters February 12, 2016

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Deadpool (2016)
Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Cast: [ACTOR]Ryan Reynolds[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gina Carano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Morena Baccarin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]T.J. Miller[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ed Skrein[/ACTOR]

Plot: Based upon Marvel Comics’ most unconventional anti-hero, DEADPOOL tells the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
wyYbBmiO4HExJMDs3wOdJeNJFkS.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:

Last edited:
What would you give it out of 10 mate? :)

A straight 10 mate.
It's disgustingly great (lol don't know why I have put that but it makes sense to me lol)
It's so violent, raw, abusive, disturbing, crude, hilarious, dark, naughty, f*cked up and perfect.
It's like marvel made a kick ass film and uped the ante!

That's how I felt anyway. And it's also been quite a few years since I've sat at the cinema with a smile, jaw dropped and laughing and in shock throughout (infact I think it's never happened before - and the whole cinema was the same)

Hope that don't spoil anything

A straight 10 mate.
It's disgustingly great (lol don't know why I have put that but it makes sense to me lol)
It's so violent, raw, abusive, disturbing, crude, hilarious, dark, naughty, f*cked up and perfect.
It's like marvel made a kick ass film and uped the ante!

That's how I felt anyway. And it's also been quite a few years since I've sat at the cinema with a smile, jaw dropped and laughing and in shock throughout (infact I think it's never happened before - and the whole cinema was the same)

Hope that don't spoil anything
If I wasn't sold before, then I certainly am now! :D

I've actually seen a few people compare the humour to Kick-Ass and Kingsman, both of which I absolutely love, so I'm positive I'll really enjoy this too. :)

Reactions: Flash and Flloydo

I've actually seen a few people compare the humour to Kick-Ass and Kingsman, both of which I absolutely love, so I'm positive I'll really enjoy this too. :)

Yeah the only thing I can compare it to is kick ass but they are still completely different. Action is pretty much on par or and above in terms or violence and gore but really kick ass for profanity is pretty much the word c*nt from a 15 year old girl but this raises the bar in dark humour and vulgar-ness lol

Considering you read my last spoiler you may as well read this - I won't ruin it by quotes or anything it's just observation but I know some will get annoyed if they read this without the seeing the film first

The X-men links and quotes and abuse he gives them is fantastic and memorable - quite a lot of them and I didn't realise but i get the impression the X men team (singer & co) must of been involved to allow certain things said and shown plus being fox makes sense - you'll understand when you see it and I'll talk to you in greater detail when you do

Reactions: Noodles
Watch it earlier and its absolutely perfect

I'm so glad fox gave them pure control on this. Reynolds must of had the greatest time of his life and career making this and marketing it.

I won't go into much because I've mentioned in the zavvi Steelbook thread my thoughts - all positive,

But one thing I forgot to mention is how amazing are the opening credits? One of the best I've seen on a film let alone a marvel film.
Blew me away aswel as the film

Special features are going to be epic on this

Best opening credits I think I've ever seen :LOL::rofl:

It's way better than Kingsman, it's absolutely epic, the jokes are bit blue as they say but classic :thumbs:

It is a real shift for a marvel film, it stands aside. It is very Kickass in style and the same comic gore, it's a wonderful anti-hero film. Also loved the music used and the opening credits are bad ass :naughty:

Reactions: Noodles
Best opening credits I think I've ever seen :LOL::rofl:

Same here mate and I was trying to think of others as good or that stand out and all I can think of is Lord of war (anyone reading this I don't mean they are the same FYI - it's just an interesting opening credit - Lord of war)
But yeah there some good ones out there but nothing compares to this. Never seen anything like it lol

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Yeah the only thing I can compare it to is kick ass but they are still completely different. Action is pretty much on par or and above in terms or violence and gore but really kick ass for profanity is pretty much the word c*nt from a 15 year old girl but this raises the bar in dark humour and vulgar-ness lol

Considering you read my last spoiler you may as well read this - I won't ruin it by quotes or anything it's just observation but I know some will get annoyed if they read this without the seeing the film first

The X-men links and quotes and abuse he gives them is fantastic and memorable - quite a lot of them and I didn't realise but i get the impression the X men team (singer & co) must of been involved to allow certain things said and shown plus being fox makes sense - you'll understand when you see it and I'll talk to you in greater detail when you do
Well, the bit in spoiler tags definitely has me intrigued. I probably won't get to see this until its Blu-ray release unfortunately, so a long wait for me... but I look forward to discussing it with you once I have eventually seen it. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
well just watched the redband trailer which explains the story a bit better so now looking forward watching this

can a mod add the rb trailer to the op post please

basil :thumbs:

I'm not exactly a deadpool fan, not that I don't like the character I just don't really read his comics / follow him in other media. I really enjoyed the movie. It was very funny and had some good action scenes. Is it my favourite Marvel Movie, no. Iron Man and Guardians are still No.1 to me, as I was a huge fan of both from the comics before the movies came out (Huge Iron Man Fan :p). But I'd rate it highly, one of the better non MCU movies for sure.

I can see how some people might not like it though, which is fair enough as deadpool as a character can be hit and miss with some people.

Was that a Helicarrier at the end? It sure looked like one, I could have sworn in several shots I saw the turbines...

A sequel for this is a no brainer, looking forward to seeing what they add in the sequel.
Cable wooo!

If I was to give it a rating id give it 8/10. Is it worth watching again in the cinema, for me it's a no just because as great as it was it didn't have amazing special effects or anything to make it worth a second viewing in the cinema (which is not a criticism as such), though I will be getting it on blu ray for sure.

I'm not exactly a deadpool fan, not that I don't like the character I just don't really read his comics / follow him in other media. I really enjoyed the movie. It was very funny and had some good action scenes. Is it my favourite Marvel Movie, no. Iron Man and Guardians are still No.1 to me, as I was a huge fan of both from the comics before the movies came out (Huge Iron Man Fan :p). But I'd rate it highly, one of the better non MCU movies for sure.

I can see how some people might not like it though, which is fair enough as deadpool as a character can be hit and miss with some people.

Was that a Helicarrier at the end? It sure looked like one, I could have sworn in several shots I saw the turbines...

A sequel for this is a no brainer, looking forward to seeing what they add in the sequel.
Cable wooo!

If I was to give it a rating id give it 8/10. Is it worth watching again in the cinema, for me it's a no just because as great as it was it didn't have amazing special effects or anything to make it worth a second viewing in the cinema (which is not a criticism as such), though I will be getting it on blu ray for sure.

On Wikipedia it classes this as the 8th installment of the X men franchise which i found interesting (unless they just mean because he's a side character to them and it being fox) plus he knows he's in a comic/ cartoon and in this case a film and he breaks 4th walls and can reference the marvel universe in film or when it's in comic form.

Obviously includes colossus and that chic from X men but I just see it as this weird on its own film. Hard to explain

I can understand people not liking this if they really hate Reynolds but he is perfect for the part

Anyway about your spoiler

I forgot to mention about the helicarier, it sure does look like one from the avengers film. Strange

Also that would be cool with cable and time travel etc but I wasn't sure if that was true or just as a cool thing to say in the film. Anyway interested I see where they go with deadpools universe

Would be awesome if Hugh was to make a cameo as Wolverine even for just a few mins - even after his last 2 future performances as Wolverine - i could see him doing it (could even be like a first class style cameo)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tacozilla
On Wikipedia it classes this as the 8th installment of the X men franchise which i found interesting (unless they just mean because he's a side character to them and it being fox) plus he knows he's in a comic/ cartoon and in this case a film and he breaks 4th walls and can reference the marvel universe in film or when it's in comic form.

Obviously includes colossus and that chic from X men but I just see it as this weird on its own film. Hard to explain

I can understand people not liking this if they really hate Reynolds but he is perfect for the part

Anyway about your spoiler

I forgot to mention about the helicarier, it sure does look like one from the avengers film. Strange

Also that would be cool with cable and time travel etc but I wasn't sure if that was true or just as a cool thing to say in the film. Anyway interested I see where they go with deadpools universe

Would be awesome if Hugh was to make a cameo as Wolverine even for just a few mins - even after his last 2 future performances as Wolverine - i could see him doing it (could even be like a first class style cameo)

I guess because it's part of the X-Men Cinematic Universe is why its listed as an X-Men movie, even if the ties to X-Men aren't that strong.

I am not sure why a helicarrier was there, and it was kinda odd it wasn't referenced at all...I kept having to do a double take when looking at it because at first I thought it was just a normal carrier but I kept seeing the turbines at the sides so had to look again and again lol

I am surprised there was no Wolverine cameo in this, I was hoping when Deadpool knocked on the door of the school Wolverine would open the door, say nothing and slam the door in his face or something

I guess because it's part of the X-Men Cinematic Universe is why its listed as an X-Men movie, even if the ties to X-Men aren't that strong.

I am not sure why a helicarrier was there, and it was kinda odd it wasn't referenced at all...I kept having to do a double take when looking at it because at first I thought it was just a normal carrier but I kept seeing the turbines at the sides so had to look again and again lol

I am surprised there was no Wolverine cameo in this, I was hoping when Deadpool knocked on the door of the school Wolverine would open the door, say nothing and slam the door in his face or something

Yeah i think it is. I just couldn't word it right lol like you say it's clearly in the X men universe (school and sign were the same I think and other references) but at the same time it's not (for example colossus being completely different

I couldn't work out why it was there either unless it's just becuause they can because it's deadpool. Like crossing over the films even though he won't be referenced in MCU film. And it clearly was a helicarier, like you say I noticed the turbines and other bits. That or it's awfully close and something to do with something else.

When the opening titles came up with "and a cameo" or however it was put my first thought was "**** wolverines going pop up lol but then when Mr. Lee popped up I knew that was the cameo and Wolverine was not (or anyone else for that matter) I suppose you do get Hugh Jackman/ Wolverine in a way though lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Tacozilla
Haven't seen this film yet.

I'm at home all week and my 14 year old bro wants to see this as well.

Now do I take him to it or not?

He has seen Kick ass and Kingsman.

Swearing and Violence fine with, Other stuff (Hanky panky etc. might make it uncomfortable esp if rent decides to come along).

Ninjas Advise?

Swearing and Violence fine with, Other stuff (Hanky panky etc. might make it uncomfortable esp if rent decides to come along).

Ninjas Advise?
Take him dude :thumbs: You will be the best big bro ever after hes seen this movie :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: pdbluray

Ninjas Advise?

I would love it at that age if my big bro took me. Would be memorable but there are some sex scenes FYI

Up to you

• Helpful Post

Ninjas Advise?

It's all done very tongue in cheek but it's a bit on the edge I would say for a 14 year old. It's a bit explicit and coarse. It's your call.

• Helpful Post
Reading ALL of these positive comments has me crazy excited to see this tomorrow! :thumbs: Venereal Disease day here we come! :woot:
Wait... :stop:Oops, wrong "V-day" acronym! :emb: :D :p

Deadpool Banner.jpg