Bournemouth, UK
Release date: 6th April 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2000

Part of the Gallery 1988 Zavvi Exclusive Wave

desperado.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it had no embossing, but was Zavvi's Snatch glossed?? (Queue the bad jokes..........:D)
I will avoid the bad jokes but I'm tempted :LOL:

UK Steelbook of Snatch was matte and same as USA/Canada releases

Desperado was the only release from the gallery range that was different to USA/Canada releases
UK release was the only one that was a gloss finish with embossing and that had inside artwork

It was a very nice surprise to see Desperado be a gloss finish and have embossing and have inside artwork as I don't think anyone was expecting it

The Pop Art/Gallery Range my original choice for best looking steelbook was Das Boot but that changed when I got Desperado delivered its a beauty of a steelbook

So my favourite is Desperado

Last edited:
Reactions: severo
Almost ordered this a few times over the weekend with UK sites 15% off discount. Went to do it last night and it had expired so didn't bother. Glad I held off now. :happy:

Steel15 worked for me earlier around 4PM guys and I got one on zavvi.de with a nice little discount, however, now I'm freaking out that it's only the UK edition that's gloss and has inside art. May have to cancel this one before it ships and order through the UK site.

Steel15 worked for me earlier around 4PM guys and I got one on zavvi.de with a nice little discount, however, now I'm freaking out that it's only the UK edition that's gloss and has inside art. May have to cancel this one before it ships and order through the UK site.

It's the same version as all Zavvi chains have the same stock I'm 99% sure of that. ;)

It's the same version as all Zavvi chains have the same stock I'm 99% sure of that. ;)

Thanks Smiley, as I used the code I couldn't manually cancel myself so had to ask c.service. If it's despatched before they get back to me I'll just wait in the hope that it's identical to the UK one. Also if it's matte I'm hoping and praying it doesn't sell out on Zavvi.com in the meantime.

Thanks Smiley, as I used the code I couldn't manually cancel myself so had to ask c.service. If it's despatched before they get back to me I'll just wait in the hope that it's identical to the UK one. Also if it's matte I'm hoping and praying it doesn't sell out on Zavvi.com in the meantime.

No problem. Tell you what if it's not the UK version and it sells out I'll send you my personal copy and pay postage. :D

Reactions: severo
Once you ordered from zavvi, it's zavvi stock. You will receive the glossy UK steelbook. They don't sell German steelbooks.

You couldn't get a German steelbook with an English j-card.

Once you ordered from zavvi, it's zavvi stock. You will receive the glossy UK steelbook. They don't sell German steelbooks.

You couldn't get a German steelbook with an English j-card.

That's what I was thinking and just went ahead and ordered. Just got a tad confused and mixed up with your warning quote about Dutch and German editions being matte and then I thought of the recent Jurassic Park steels with German j-cards (which obviously weren't zavvi exclusives over there). Different kettle of fish though as these are the Zavvi gallery range. Phew.. Bet you anything I'll check my emails in the morning and the b***ards will have honored my request and I'll have to re-order at €13 :rofl:

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I already have a box set which contains this movie, but I'm tempted to buy this steelbook simply because of how nice it looks. Nice glossy, depossing and artwork. :)