• inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 284
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 258
Last edited by a moderator:
^
Then it is pretty deceptive to not advertise that. It should say "Only at Zavvi for a limited time.." rather than "Zavvi Exclusive"

Yeah often retailers are bound by confidentiality in their contract and the terminology is dictated there, so that is the way it needs to be worded. Some titles are initially exclusive to a retailer, but then sometimes the studio will dictate how any remaining stock is sold. It's happened with Media Markt Germany and other retailers as well. The titles are first exclusive to Media Markt and are advertised as such, and later appear on Amazon.de. Not sure what's with Despicable Me 2-I'll give them a shout to see if they can share any other info.

As far as exclusivity not meaning anything-not really the case. Many retailers that have had exclusives, including Zavvi have sold out, or their titles did not appear on other retailer websites.

Reactions: chunk
Folks, I added a note to the OP to our thread that it is available at other UK retailers. We'll leave the 'Exclusive' in this thread, as that is still how it is listed on Zavvi's site. If that changes on their end, we'll update to reflect that. Thanks.

I would definitely like to hear Zavvi's side to this exclusivity fiasco. Why claim that a SteelBook is an exclusive if it quite clearly isn't? Do they even know the meaning of the word? Zavvi should remove "exclusive" from their listing title immediately, and also slash the price in good faith for misleading customers

Somebody should definitely report this to some trading standards authority or retailer watchdog authority, if such a thing exists. This is quite blatantly lying to consumers by claiming that an item is exclusive when they have been caught out right here!

Makes you wonder how many other titles are actually exclusive to Zavvi...

I would definitely like to hear Zavvi's side to this exclusivity fiasco. Why claim that a SteelBook is an exclusive if it quite clearly isn't? Do they even know the meaning of the word? Zavvi should remove "exclusive" from their listing title immediately, and also slash the price in good faith for misleading customers

Somebody should definitely report this to some trading standards authority or retailer watchdog authority, if such a thing exists. This is quite blatantly lying to consumers by claiming that an item is exclusive when they have been caught out right here!

Makes you wonder how many other titles are actually exclusive to Zavvi...

:hilarious:

LIFE OR DEATH