Release date: November 6, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live 9 AM BST June 30) - SOLD OUT
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 500 Units

11494284-2024529947020195 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all

Due to the embargo around the Despicable Me 3 SteelBook, we couldn't actually run any pre-awareness or even suggest that something was coming. We were only allocated 500 units for this release and with our VIP SMS service, users are notified as the product goes live.

As usual, there may be another chance closer to release after cancellations etc - Keep an eye out on our Social channels for any shouts (and we'll try and post on here if there are any units available too)

Big Z out!
Due to the embargo ? What, they were made in Russia or Cuba or somewhere the "un" have sales sanctions against !? I dont blame Zavvi per say, but blink and you've missed it is not good business by any standard. If i had a fair crack at the whip and missed it, fine, that's the way the cookie crumbles; but this is just Wrong ! Again, i don't blame Zavvi, and thankyou for the update, kind regards to you !

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Surprised to see they released a 3D steelbook for this, as they previous ones (including Minions) in the UK just had a 2D version, so happy about this and got my order in.

Zavvi will cancel any large bulk orders before payment is taken

This will most likely come back in stock before release date but don't expect to last long when it does

You will be able to get this same steelbook in another european country just a matter of waiting for other retailers in Europe announce the release

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
Lets look at the evidence. DM2 came out and was still available a LONG time later at very knocked down prices, its not Disney. I picked mine up for less than £7. Saying theres only 500 is a sure fire way to get people to pay full price and not watch this go into the bargain bin like the last one did for months on end. I'm guessing they have 1000 at the very least and will release at a later date just like Mad Max. Clever marketing and not illegal, but sorry I don't believe for a second they only got 500 for a film like this.
I'm wondering if this is going to be like The Great Wall steelbook.

Ltd to 500 with Zavvi but the rest could pop up in HMV or Zoom or whatever....

I'm wondering if this is going to be like The Great Wall steelbook.

Ltd to 500 with Zavvi but the rest could pop up in HMV or Zoom or whatever....
It most likely going to be that if they are doing a 4K Steelbook
If they not doing a 4K steelbook then the rest of the print run will be available from other retailers in Europe

No way will a film studio doing a print run of only 500 for Europe

Sort of makes sense to do a shared print run across Europe with some releases than doing 2,000 or 3,000 or 4,000 in each country as it's easier to sell out all units if a shared print run between retailers in Europe you only have the extra cost of doing different Jcards

I find it strange that Blu-ray / Blu-ray + 4K steelbook hasn't been announced yet for such a premium title. Maybe the distributor is still negotiating deals with retailers? Maybe the print run has been disrupted...Or the unit costs are very high and no-one else want to pick the title up?

Zavvi will cancel any large bulk orders before payment is taken

This will most likely come back in stock before release date but don't expect to last long when it does

You will be able to get this same steelbook in another european country just a matter of waiting for other retailers in Europe announce the release
Just curious: what's a large bulk order? 5, 10, 50 items?

Just curious: what's a large bulk order? 5, 10, 50 items?
Zavvi have an order limit of max 5 of any release regardless if limited or not

Depends on the release Zavvi have in the past on a small number of releases cancelled orders even with less than 5 ordered but that's rare

Very large bulk orders do get cancelled and is what makes up most of the stock that comes back in stock along with customer cancellations

It depends on the release and the demand for that release some release they won't cancel any orders beside orders that are considered fraud in terms of credit card fraud

It's easy for scalpers to get around the limit of 5 they use different accounts and get others to order for them with different address and use different payment methods.

Most times it's not till just before payment is going to be processed as to when orders get cancelled
If anyone did do a large bulk order it can be cancelled earlier

Sometimes Zavvi don't cancel bulk orders as well simply because it's not sold out

If they can see clearly obvious bulk orders they will most likely cancel them if it's a release that's sold out and has a high demand for that release

What Zavvi should do for a release that's limited to 500 is have an order limits of 1 per customer especially if it's a high demand release but if they know a release is going to sell very well they more likely not have a print run of 500 anyway

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: neo and harry
lolol Re release after Re release then something is released that people actually want and it's limited to 500
Caught napping with all the boring re release's ! Wham, bam, thankyou mam. The truth here is simple; trying to kill 3d and force 4k in its place ? Ive said it once, 4k is just a resolution upgrade, 3d is a different viewing experience (regardless of resolution) altogether ! Film studios are so stupid ! They must have plenty of feet !? And now we must endure (as do Zavvi) this dumb obsession with 4k, untill 8k comes along (see where this is going !). Lets all be honest here £32 should include a mixed 3d 4k single disc like the imax showings in the cinema, meaning 3d should have been upgraded to 4k resolution "ASWELL" !!!! I dont want a 3d disc and a 4k disc anymore, i want a 3d with 4k res disc now ! That threw a spanner in the works ?

Caught napping with all the boring re release's ! Wham, bam, thankyou mam. The truth here is simple; trying to kill 3d and force 4k in its place ? Ive said it once, 4k is just a resolution upgrade, 3d is a different viewing experience (regardless of resolution) altogether ! Film studios are so stupid ! They must have plenty of feet !? And now we must endure (as do Zavvi) this dumb obsession with 4k, untill 8k comes along (see where this is going !). Lets all be honest here £32 should include a mixed 3d 4k single disc like the imax showings in the cinema, meaning 3d should have been upgraded to 4k resolution "ASWELL" !!!! I dont want a 3d disc and a 4k disc anymore, i want a 3d with 4k res disc now ! That threw a spanner in the works ?
Who says 3D is dead? One of the biggest films of all time getting released in 3D later this year (Terminator 2) and people who upgraded their TV to 4K probably won't be able to watch the Blu Ray when it comes out!!! :rofl:

The colours will look great though!!! :p