Release date: November 6, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live 9 AM BST June 30) - SOLD OUT
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 500 Units

11494284-2024529947020195 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all

Due to the embargo around the Despicable Me 3 SteelBook, we couldn't actually run any pre-awareness or even suggest that something was coming. We were only allocated 500 units for this release and with our VIP SMS service, users are notified as the product goes live.

As usual, there may be another chance closer to release after cancellations etc - Keep an eye out on our Social channels for any shouts (and we'll try and post on here if there are any units available too)

Big Z out!

• Thanks
Reactions: lgans316 and Sigill
And Manta changing leather slip revenant qty...
Edit - Doh just seen lgans posted this

Last edited:
Hey all

Due to the embargo around the Despicable Me 3 SteelBook, we couldn't actually run any pre-awareness or even suggest that something was coming. We were only allocated 500 units for this release and with our VIP SMS service, users are notified as the product goes live.

As usual, there may be another chance closer to release after cancellations etc - Keep an eye out on our Social channels for any shouts (and we'll try and post on here if there are any units available too)

Big Z out!
Thanks for the update, hopefully more become available for those that missed out.

This will be a worldwide release i would assume like most all lately. Just dont know who all will have 3D or maybe 4k.

Hey all

Big Z out!
:wow::wow::wow::wow:Embargo :cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious: ???????????? Details Please.

Hey all

Big Z out!

Your VIP SMS service doesnt work for people outside of the UK. I think I probably spend more $$ on Zavvi UK than your top UK customers unless they buy 2 of everything; Just in case one gets dinged in transit haha.

Lets look at the evidence. DM2 came out and was still available a LONG time later at very knocked down prices, its not Disney. I picked mine up for less than £7. Saying theres only 500 is a sure fire way to get people to pay full price and not watch this go into the bargain bin like the last one did for months on end. I'm guessing they have 1000 at the very least and will release at a later date just like Mad Max. Clever marketing and not illegal, but sorry I don't believe for a second they only got 500 for a film like this.

May sound crazy, but I've got the last 2 from Amazon de, so want the wording to match! Want Despicable Me in German on all 3. They had the 3d disc, so got them from there initially. If this is the only one in UK to have the 3d disc, then 500 isn't a lot, so hope Amazon De get it.

I will take a guess that the same steelbook will get an exclusive 4K exclusive release in the UK
It will most likely be HMV or Amazon UK

500 is to low for a single steelbook UK release as an exclusive in the UK
The rest of the UK print run most likely be a 4K UHD steelbook or rest of the 3D steelbook print run is getting a release in Germany or Italy/France and other european countries

A Film Studio would not do a print run of only 500 for a steelbook release in Europe
The minimum total print run would be 2,000 to 4,000

You would have the same steelbook in a overall print run just split the print run and use different disc format be it 3D or 4K

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: neo