London, UK
Release date: November 6, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live 9 AM BST June 30) - SOLD OUT
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 500 Units

11494284-2024529947020195 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Who says 3D is dead? One of the biggest films of all time getting released in 3D later this year (Terminator 2) and people who upgraded their TV to 4K probably won't be able to watch the Blu Ray when it comes out!!! :rofl:

The colours will look great though!!! :p
Avatar 2 will be shown in cinemas without the need for 3D Glasses using new projector technology
James Cameron production company has developed with Christie Digital a new RGB Laser Projection System to show 3D films without the need for 3D Glasses

The future of 3D in the home will be TV Panels using that same or similar tech to view 3D without the need for 3D Glasses

James Cameron has said this himself 3D in the home needs to be free from using 3D Glasses to have a future as home entertainment

He also has said the 2D remaster and 4K UHD remaster of Terminator 2 is amazing and suggested even might be better than the 3D edition

Last edited:
Avatar 2 will be shown in cinemas without the need for 3D Glasses using new projector technology
James Cameron production company has developed with Christie Digital a new RGB Laser Projection System to show 3D films without the need for 3D Glasses

The future of 3D in the home will be TV Panels using that same or similar tech to view 3D without the need for 3D Glasses

James Cameron has said this himself 3D in the home needs to be free from using 3D Glasses to have a future as home entertainment

He also has said the 2D remaster and 4K UHD remaster of Terminator 2 is amazing and suggested even might be better than the 3D edition
Has been referred to as "ultra D" for future tv's. To suggest 2d & 4k remasters might be better than 3d is like saying radio is better than tv, unless you are blind of course (see what i did there). I note that and presume that the 3d in question HAS NOT been remastered and therefore the comparison is lob sided and indeed slanted towards the remasters !? Invalid conclusion. Higher res does not equal 3d depth, or for that matter a true crown jewel in the 3d experience, the special effect of having an image appear to pop out of the screen ! The real question should be "can current 3d media (disc) be played on glassless tv's" ? And if so, why not continue selling them ? Ps anyone notice the depth to these beautiful lenti's from the likes of Blufans etc. Hmmmm. Pps has anyone (ninja or otherwise) been to the cinema lately and had to choose between a standard defination 3d or a high def-imax, can't have both together, that's too easy and makes sense ? 3d imax, what next !

Last edited:
Has been referred to as "ultra D" for future tv's. To suggest 2d & 4k remasters might be better than 3d is like saying radio is better than tv, unless you are blind of course (see what i did there). I note that and presume that the 3d in question HAS NOT been remastered and therefore the comparison is lob sided and indeed slanted towards the remasters !? Invalid conclusion. Higher res does not equal 3d depth, or for that matter a true crown jewel in the 3d experience, the special effect of having an image appear to pop out of the screen ! The real question should be "can current 3d media (disc) be played on glassless tv's" ? And if so, why not continue selling them ? Ps anyone notice the depth to these beautiful lenti's from the likes of Blufans etc. Hmmmm. Pps has anyone (ninja or otherwise) been to the cinema lately and had to choose between a standard defination 3d or a high def-imax, can't have both together, that's too easy and makes sense ? 3d imax, what next !

It was James Cameron who said the new remaster of Terminator 2 is amazing looking in 2D and 4K are you saying James Cameron is blind :LOL:
3D will look great on Terminator 2 but for anyone who don't like 3D or don't have 3D TV James Cameron said the above in regards to the 2D Blu-ray and 4K UHD as in the new Terminator 2 remaster

Last edited:
Limited to 500? What idiot at Zavvi decided that??

I watched this over the weekend with my niece. I have to say, it's probably my favourite of the 3 movies, even if my patience with the minions has been stretched thin!

• Thanks
Reactions: zavvi and neo

I watched this over the weekend with my niece. I have to say, it's probably my favourite of the 3 movies, even if my patience with the minions has been stretched thin!
Zavvi did not decide the print run :rofl:

Film Distributor offered Zavvi exclusive and only 500 was allocated to Zavvi from the overall print run for the 3D/2D Steelbook by the distributor for the UK market

The rest of the print run will be in Europe with other retailers
It's also possible the rest of the print run will be used with a 4K UHD Edition but so far that not been announced and will most likely be with a different retailer in the UK

Film Distributor splits the print run of a steelbook between retailers in Europe

Zavvi would had sold more if the distributor not decided on only 500 for the 3D/2D Steelbook for the UK

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: davhyl and harry

In simple terms "who decided" ? the film makers & companys, eg James cameron ! The same person who says 2d & 4k remasters are just as good as 3d and wants everyone to buy those instead of 3d !? (Hint:- compare the prices of 3d & 4k blu rays (steelbook or otherwise) being sold for your reason why !). Feel sorry for the likes of Zavvi being used like a pawn, if they dont play along then all the great releases will go to the likes of hmv, ooops, is that not what is going on here ? We dont want 3d anymore, we want "True" 3d with every resolution increase they bring out, 4k, 8k, 16k whichever, as long as its 3d ! Hope your reading this mr Cameron !? Avatar was great !

4K UHD is not just a resolution upgrade. There is a lot more to it. Educate yourselves first before making such blind comments. It is a dream come true for Videophiles.

3D is great as well but a lot of avid AV-philes prefer watching in 2D.

All the 3D fans need is announcement of 4K UHD 3D which at the moment looks highly unlikely.

I ordered this when I was on the train with crap signal and it would seem I've ordered 2. If anyone would like the spare copy let me know.

Update: this has now been offered to @Stuc

Last edited:
4K UHD is not just a resolution upgrade. There is a lot more to it. Educate yourselves first before making such blind comments. It is a dream come true for Videophiles.

3D is great as well but a lot of avid AV-philes prefer watching in 2D.

All the 3D fans need is announcement of 4K UHD 3D which at the moment looks highly unlikely.
Please, educate us on 4k uhd !? Theres alot more, please explain. Am i not a Videophile ? where do you get your research as regards more "avid" videophiles prefer watching in 2d ? If 3d with 4k res disc's are produced, i'am sure the ability to switch from 3d to standard 2d (both in 4k res) would be an easy option. I'am still very puzzled (or blind) as to what else you mean when you mention "there is alot more to it" ? If you are refering to the dynamics on how the picture is perceived, eg contrast and colour saturation etc; i can only point out that in the past with every increase in picture resolution made available via upgraded disc's (vcd-dvd-blu ray and so on), there has been much fanfare as regards the above, contrast etc. I have a 4k/3d tv, the uhd feature is very welcome due to the fact the tv's are getting bigger and require more resolution to maintain a crisp image, 4k is welcome in this respect alone. Once again i point out to the lovely 3d lenti's that adorn Blufans etc steelbooks as an example of 3d enhancing a beautiful image by creating depth !