Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
LENTICULAR PACKAGE:
Release date :
January 26, 2015
Purchase links:
1/4 slip edition $34.99 - 50 copies
Lenticular edition $36.99 - 550 copies
Double Package (1/4 slip + Lenticular) $64.99 for only 150 copies.

lenticular.jpg lenticular-package.jpg

REGULAR PACKAGE:

Release date:
October 13, 2014
Purchase link: 1/4 slip edition - Sold-out
Price: $44.00 (Promotional pre-order price of $40.99 valid only for 72 hours)
Notes: Print run: 1500 copies (numbered) (1 to 100 numbered edition will be first come, first served)

steelbook.jpg old-package.jpg

Special content:
- Exclusive Point : Partial Gloss finish, only Nova Choice SteelBook (including regular KR SteelBook edition) have partial glossy on front and back (rest of world wide release is matte vanish treatment)
- Art card 2EA, Post Card 4EA
- 3D+2D Disc

Last edited by a moderator:
Nooo I WAS talking about Frozen when I said I stared at it for couple of minutes :LOL:. So yea, for EOT I could already see because the picture is the same. It was Frozen that I looked up after reading your first post.
I've noticed people pay high prices for 1/4 slips but I never really understood why. May be I still don't. But I could understand if it was slips like Lion King or CA: TWS (Yea, I just looked it up. And its unique :wow: :thumbs: I like it but wont buy it since I already have NM steel)

AHHH oki so it was Frozen I get it :) ... well reason why this Frozen release was very high price on bay is because it was a KIMCHI EXCLUSIVE and they had 700 slip (those you could pay between 225 to 300 depending on how low the number was and the 1/4 slip only 300 copies were made so they averaged 175 but low numbers could go up to 300 also(saw some sold at 300)... it's just that Kimchi was what Nova Media is now, but they had a way in making their release very sought after, same with Thor 2 it was the exclusive before Frozen and print Run was the same, the lenticular slip was 700 and 1/4 slip 300 and they all came with art card, bonus stuff inside the kimchi sticker on top of steel(over the shrink wrap and most important the numbering card as you can see if you saw the back of the 1/4 slip of Frozen, the exclusives all came with a numbering card. Frozen sold all within 3 minutes and Thor 2 sold out like in 7 minutes and servers were hell lol but maybe you know what the fuss was about a kimchi exclusive as you can see with Frozen 1/4 slip. The Lenticular is also very beautiful. it wasn't an WEA steelbook, but they had a way to make great bonus stuff and lenticulars exclusive to them and numbering cards, it was very special :)

AHHH oki so it was Frozen I get it :) ... well reason why this Frozen release was very high price on bay is because it was a KIMCHI EXCLUSIVE and they had 700 slip (those you could pay between 225 to 300 depending on how low the number was and the 1/4 slip only 300 copies were made so they averaged 175 but low numbers could go up to 300 also(saw some sold at 300)... it's just that Kimchi was what Nova Media is now, but they had a way in making their release very sought after, same with Thor 2 it was the exclusive before Frozen and print Run was the same, the lenticular slip was 700 and 1/4 slip 300 and they all came with art card, bonus stuff inside the kimchi sticker on top of steel(over the shrink wrap and most important the numbering card as you can see if you saw the back of the 1/4 slip of Frozen, the exclusives all came with a numbering card. Frozen sold all within 3 minutes and Thor 2 sold out like in 7 minutes and servers were hell lol but maybe you know what the fuss was about a kimchi exclusive as you can see with Frozen 1/4 slip. The Lenticular is also very beautiful. it wasn't an WEA steelbook, but they had a way to make great bonus stuff and lenticulars exclusive to them and numbering cards, it was very special :)

Yea I can understand that. Especially when Frozen and Thor was internationally famous. The Frozen lenti is beautiful as you say, but I don't have that kind of money to pay right now. :(
Anyways, think we're going off topic, so we shall stop :p

Yea I can understand that. Especially when Frozen and Thor was internationally famous. The Frozen lenti is beautiful as you say, but I don't have that kind of money to pay right now. :(
Anyways, think we're going off topic, so we shall stop :p

true lol lets get back on topic as you say :hilarious:

Description on The Back Artwork is not written in Korean as usual for a Korean Steelbook but is in English ??? All of the Korean steelbooks I've bought before description back of j-card is always in Korean ??? only bottom front of J-card title is written in Korean ? is this for real ?

very disappointed that a Nova Choice Korean release back artwork has no Korean flavour, it feels like something from the Us or Uk (only talking about the back not the front as it is superb, but it is as they put a lot of work work on the front of the 1/4 all in Korean and they did no work on the back j-card to give it the Korean feel we've come to love, instead it's all english)

Last edited:
Holding the Novamedia in hand and the HMV in hand (both still sealed mind) there is some colour variation but the spot gloss is barely noticeable through the shrink wrap and certainly a few postcards and numbered sticker don't make this release that great to be honest.

• Informative
Reactions: lgans316 and harry
Holding the Novamedia in hand and the HMV in hand (both still sealed mind) there is some colour variation but the spot gloss is barely noticeable through the shrink wrap and certainly a few postcards and numbered sticker don't make this release that great to be honest.

There's your problem. Let that Novamedia breathe.

don't you find that nova media one missing the Korean Flavor in regards to the 1/4 slip cover since the back artwork is all written in English and not in Korean as usual ?

I was afraid this would happen
There's your problem. Let that Novamedia breathe.
Not trying to say it was a poor release but if what Palmcrystal saying is true then what they are delivering is not worth it for what they are charging. And of course, even if you do open it, you'll look at the front more than insides. And if there aren't any big difference then what's the point of being a numbered exclusive?

don't you find that nova media one missing the Korean Flavor in regards to the 1/4 slip cover since the back artwork is all written in English and not in Korean as usual ?
This wouldn't be an issue for us who don't collect 1/4 slips, but I could see this being a big issue for you 1/4 slip collectors. I guess they got the front of the slip right, they just need to work on the back next time. ;)

This wouldn't be an issue for us who don't collect 1/4 slips, but I could see this being a big issue for you 1/4 slip collectors. I guess they got the front of the slip right, they just need to work on the back next time. ;)

Indeed it's like doing half of your homework ! If I spend 100$ for 2 slip I expect the slips to be written all in Korean if I purchase them from a Korean company. It is the first time I purchase Korean steelbooks whether they are regular releases, limited, Exclusive etc... and not have back artwork written in Korean to give us the Korean Flavor we pay for. If I want a steelbook with the back artwork in English I will buy from a north american company.

it's like buying a blufans, you expect that the back artwork will be written in Chinese.

I will just avoid Nova releases until they change their way of doing slips and just go for other REAL Korean companies as I did before. I tried them out and don't like their artwork, so I will move on. I passed my comment to Choi he said he would pass my comment along. I mean it's the same steal WWA it's not like they made the steelbooks also, they just dressed it up poorly.